Royalty Thread #7: Do They Get Frequent Flier Miles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

centerstage01

I mean, with all the touring and the speeches and the vacations and whatnot, I wondered. Inquiring minds and all.

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
I dislike Kate's Bond premiere dress. Frumpy and shapeless, as has been said in the old thread. A rare miss for her. Nice hair though.

mag

I dislike Kate's Bond premiere dress. Frumpy and shapeless, as has been said in the old thread. A rare miss for her. Nice hair though.

ITA. There is a photo of the dress here http://whatkatewore.com/2015/10/26/...-premiere-prince-harry-the-fanboy/#more-34408 if you scroll down a bit that shows how the dress was originally designed. It is still not a favorite of mine, but it is much better than with the alterations done for Kate. The bare shoulders give it a lighter look. I also think the dress was too big for Kate so she looked a bit like she was playing dress up.

IceAlisa

Agreed. The original dress was quite a bit less severe and didn't look like a glorified house coat, the dress Kate wore.

snoopy

I'm okay with Kate's dress because she gets to wear what, hundreds of gowns a year? Having a conservative one in there every once in awhile breaks it up a bit.

MsZem

I see the sea
I'm okay with Kate's dress because she gets to wear what, hundreds of gowns a year? Having a conservative one in there every once in awhile breaks it up a bit.
Kate's is well-dressed, but it is true that her style is more on the conservative side. She's a decade younger than Queen Letizia and CP Mary, and they tend to be more chic than she is. Though Kate may have constraints that they don't.

I really liked this print on her, though the bottom part of that dress... just no.

myhoneyhoney

Kate's is well-dressed, but it is true that her style is more on the conservative side. She's a decade younger than Queen Letizia and CP Mary, and they tend to be more chic than she is. Though Kate may have constraints that they don't.

I really liked this print on her, though the bottom part of that dress... just no.

I think Kate is restrained and is getting more conservative. Maybe because of those windy day incidents? Also, that print is gorgeous! Imagine if the bottom was completely cut off and hit right at the knees.

clairecloutier

Little Charlotte is pretty. Estelle is a ham. :)

But George is the cutest to me. There's something distinctive and interesting about his face. Usually I'm not very drawn to infant/toddler boys (many of them look similar to me). But George is different and interesting.

liv

Charlotte has got her dad's blue eyes, but something about the way her eyes and eye brows come together reminds me a whole bunch of Grandma Carol Middleton. i think it's the arch in the brows... but babies change so quickly, and with only 2 photos it's hard to tell. Pretty cute little girl, no matter what, though!!

And yeah, George is the real ham. He's so expressive in every picture... I love looking at him because every picture he's doing something different.

centerstage01

Nice! I didn't think she would wear that one until William and Kate became Prince and Princess of Wales. But then, Diana's been gone for almost 20 years now and it's been longer than that since she wore it so it's nice to see it again, such as it is. It would be nice to see more than just the side of Kate's head.

IceAlisa

Thanks for the link. Not my favorite tiara but she wears it well.

IceAlisa

Carson would be proud of the table setup. Gorgeous bling!

scooter

^ Having Slitzerella in those pictures just ruins it for me. I am a huge Vic and Made sugar, but Snakey NOT!

liv

Nice photos.

Daily Mail says that in that photo that Charlotte looks just like Kate as a baby: nope. In that photo I still see Carol Middleton!! Charlotte of course, will change as she grows, but right now I see Grandma!

PDilemma

Nice photos.

Daily Mail says that in that photo that Charlotte looks just like Kate as a baby: nope. In that photo I still see Carol Middleton!! Charlotte of course, will change as she grows, but right now I see Grandma!

Kate does resemble her mother, so that is not far off. Much closer than the "OMG, she looks exactly like Diana!" comments I have seen. When she looks exactly nothing like Diana and at this point, all Middleton.

liv

I think Kate looks like her father, Pippa looks like their mother. And yes, thank goodness she doesn't look like Diana at this point. The papers would just never stop then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information