Royalty Thread #7: Do They Get Frequent Flier Miles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLIS

We all bring our own perspectives to what we see, of course, and my perspective is skewed by being the daughter-in-law of an overbearing MIL who is extremely, inappropriately possessive of her granddaughter (MY daughter, thank you very much), so I'm totally Team Letizia on this one. It seems obvious to me that the girls were uncomfortable and Letizia reacted to that. The article says that she was moving back and forth trying to block the photo, but it looks to me like she is greeting people, and then she sees the look on one daughter's face (very uncomfortable and pleading) and moves in to take care of her daughter, a young girl who is overwhelmed by the media and crowd and whose grandmother is manhandling her in a way that makes her uncomfortable.

Vagabond

I had to watch the video several times to understand what was going on with the three different hands around the Infanta's ear. Grandma Sofia certainly gives new meaning to the term "bitchy old queen." :shuffle: And Cousin Marie-Chantal needs some coaching on when to butt out of other people's business.

LeafOnTheWind

If anyone was planning on binge watching Lost in Space on Netflix, reconsider doing that.

I think it's a good show in small doses but there is not enough humor in it to binge. It's just nonstop drama and danger and I'm getting to the point where I just wish they would die and it would end. It's clearly time for a break from binging.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
If anyone was planning on binge watching Lost in Space on Netflix, reconsider doing that.

I think it's a good show in small doses but there is not enough humor in it to binge. It's just nonstop drama and danger and I'm getting to the point where I just wish they would die and it would end. It's clearly time for a break from binging.
I think wrong thread? :rofl: but my spouse is binge watching it

Vagabond

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

The Queen's corgis are dead: long live the 'dorgis'

The Queen’s last remaining corgi has died, it has been reported. Willow, who was almost 15, was put down after suffering from cancer, making it the first time the monarch has not owned a corgi since the end of the second world war.

Willow was the 14th generation descended from Susan, a corgi gifted to the then Princess Elizabeth on her 18th birthday in 1944. The Queen has owned more than 30 dogs of the breed during her reign.

:fragile:

She still has two dogs, Vulcan and Candy, which are informally known as “dorgis” – a cross-breed between a dachshund and a corgi introduced to the royal household when Princess Margaret’s dachshund Pipkin mated with one of the Queen’s dogs.

:dog: :dog:

ilovepaydays

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Camilla's dress was horrible. The top half of her dress is alright but the skirt looks like it's for a little girl. The Queen's dress is gorgeous.

PDilemma

Camilla's dress was horrible. The top half of her dress is alright but the skirt looks like it's for a little girl. The Queen's dress is gorgeous.

The tiered skirt is on trend and has been for awhile. If it were much shorter, it would look juvenile; but at that length and paired with that top, I don't think it does.

Megan looks odd as usual. The bag totally doesn't match. And I just can't with her hair in the face look all the time. Kate got crucified by the press for pushing back a lock of hair that fell out of place on the balcony at her first Remembrance Day, but this one walks around like that--and constantly has her hands in it, too. I don't get it.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
The tiered skirt is on trend and has been for awhile. If it were much shorter, it would look juvenile; but at that length and paired with that top, I don't think it does.

Megan looks odd as usual. The bag totally doesn't match. And I just can't with her hair in the face look all the time. Kate got crucified by the press for pushing back a lock of hair that fell out of place on the balcony at her first Remembrance Day, but this one walks around like that--and constantly has her hands in it, too. I don't get it.

My 19yr old niece looks adorable in her tiered mini-skirt. A 70 yr old women? Just NO. I don't care how in style it is. It looks ridiculous (to me) on Camilla. Besides every style isn't for every age.

I thought Megan looked classy. Who wants matchy-match? Herb Tarlick maybe.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Megan's dress/cape was pretty and she looked gorgeous. Camilla's dress was just strange including the color.

:eek: Sir Tom Jones as one of the entertainers? I think of him as the ultimate lounge singer, does the Queen like his music? OK, the answer is obvious..her birthday, her choice I assume.

Lorac

The royal baby watch has started. The BBC just did a breaking news bulletin announcing that Duchess of Cambridge was driven to hospital earlier this morning in the early stages of labour. So will George and Charlotte get a baby brother or sister?!! We will soon know.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Megan's dress/cape was pretty and she looked gorgeous. Camilla's dress was just strange including the color.

:eek: Sir Tom Jones as one of the entertainers? I think of him as the ultimate lounge singer, does the Queen like his music? OK, the answer is obvious..her birthday, her choice I assume.

Hands off - Tom Jones is GODlike to us in Wales!

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
I saw the live bulletin on BBC1 just before leaving for work - hopefully not much longer now! :)

Lorac

Prince William just arrived at the hospital with Prince George - still in his school uniform - and Princess Charlotte to visit their Mom and new brother. George ignored the press but Charlotte was waving and even looked back over her shoulder as she entered the hospital to throw another wave out. Not lacking in confidence that one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information