Royalty Thread #10 -Archie Phase 2 - Bold and Bald Still

Status
Not open for further replies.

mag

British royals at the Remembrance Day concert. I checked, Kate’s dress and Meghan’s shoes, even though they look blue in some photos, are actually black.

mag

Does anyone know why some of the royals wear one poppy and others wear more?

My understanding is it is personal preference. A lot of great information and photos here:

@MLIS, I agree, the Forbes article was crap. Most of the time I just look at the photos because the articles make my blood boil. What Kate Wore is fabulous because the admin there, Susan, does a great job researching the actual event. They also moderate the comments which keeps thing light and respectful.

MLIS

No one has ever officially confirmed, so it’s all guesses, but the three most likely theories I have heard are:
1) to represent specific family members who have served
2) to represent the 3 or 5 branches of the armed forces (Kate often wears 3, the Queen often wears 5)
3) to be seen at great distance since they are usually standing on a balcony away from the crowd.

mag

Kate rocking the burgundy pants!

I should also add, what a fabulous program. 24/7 text number for kids in crisis. Brilliant.

aftershocks

Banned Member
A previously unseen photo taken on the day of Archie's christening was released on sussexroyal Instagram account in honor of grandpa Prince Charles' birthday:

Fans of Meghan posted this video on Youtube with voiceover of Maya Angelou reciting her iconic poem, Still I Rise. Reportedly, Meghan's friend and hairstylist, Daniel Martin, mentioned to Gayle King that Meghan's friends showed her the video, and she was very appreciative of the kind tribute:

Buckingham Palace released a statement about the Sussexes' plans to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays with her mother, Doria, in California. It is speculated that M&H and Archie might also squeeze in time to catch up with Meghan's friends in Toronto and LA:

Last edited:

mag

Looks like Harry and Meghan will spend Christmas with her family this year.

I think it is a great idea. William and Kate also alternated between the families for the first few years. It is good for kids to see different holiday celebrations and spend time with both sides of their family.

mag

Sorry for the double post, but there has been a lot of talk about how terrible the media have been to H&M. I have found that the British show “Loose Women” is fairly balanced in their coverage. They have called them out for some things, but have also shown a lot of empathy. Their coverage of the Christmas decision is very supportive.

Lorac

Sorry for the double post, but there has been a lot of talk about how terrible the media have been to H&M. I have found that the British show “Loose Women” is fairly balanced in their coverage. They have called them out for some things, but have also shown a lot of empathy. Their coverage of the Christmas decision is very supportive.

Well that's one of the first times I've heard the Loose Women described as 'balanced' - they are usually pretty bitchy and downright nasty in their comments and even in that clip they had to make a couple of bitchy digs in regards to Sandringham being cold and drafty and the food provided being stingy - though how they know is beyond me. :rolleyes:

But in regards to Harry and Meghan planning on spending Christmas with Doria I see nothing wrong with that - William and Kate have spent previous Christmas holidays with her family but as it is in this country no one has a complaint in that regard. I suspect the reason some papers - and I'm sure we can guess which ones - are making snide comments about the Queen being 'snubbed' is because Harry and Meghan apparently turned down an invitation to Balmoral this past Summer with those infamous sources stating either Archie was too young to travel there or that the Sussexes were just too busy planning their African trip thus giving certain elements of the press more ammunition to put Harry and Meghan down. This decision to stay in America through Thanksgiving and now Christmas is a sensible one especially as I think Harry and Meghan will probably be doing some serious thinking of what they want to do going forwards and where they want to be whilst doing it. Better to do that free from the scrutiny of the UK press though I'll be surprised if the US press leave them alone either.

mag

Well that's one of the first times I've heard the Loose Women described as 'balanced' - they are usually pretty bitchy and downright nasty in their comments and even in that clip they had to make a couple of bitchy digs in regards to Sandringham being cold and drafty and the food provided being stingy - though how they know is beyond me. :rolleyes:

Well I should have qualified that i have only watched partial episodes on YouTube. The banter about Sandringham was just fodder for the masses and didn’t seem nasty or mean spirited. I notice there are a number of different women who host, so I guess it also depends who is there. Again, not fawning coverage, but they appear to stay in what has now become the acceptable level of bitchiness.

aftershocks

Banned Member
:rolleyes: re "they appear to stay in what has now become the acceptable level of bitchiness" :duh:

There's a lot of coverage of M&H in the U.S. which is understandable since Meghan is American. Much of the coverage of the Sussexes in the U.S. is fairly positive, aside from some media picking up U.K. stories that run a negative narrative. Still, the major mainstream U.S. outlets don't pile on with a load of critical commentary about Meghan. In general, petty U.S. tabloids that carry negative, questionable stories are simply not given the same kind of widespread daily emphasis and attention in the U.S., as tabloid counterparts are given in the U.K.

It certainly makes a lot of sense for the Sussexes to take time out to spend the holidays with Meghan's mother and close friends, particularly with Archie experiencing his very first Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's been awhile since Meghan has spent time with family and friends in her home state.

IMO, the Sussexes are simply standing their ground after letting it be known where they stand. As Harry said in the recent documentary, "I will not be bullied into playing a game that killed my mom..." This reiterates what I mentioned awhile ago in the other thread: M&H are not going to give in to gnarly media tactics by royal reporters who want to gain more access to the Sussexes as well as control the narrative about them, which has been largely negative, especially toward Meghan. The Sussexes have been showing how they plan to proceed by sharing news about their events and charitable causes direct to the public on their Instagram, in addition to embargoing advance news about some of their appearances, e.g., Meghan's recent private visit to Luminary Bakery (in addition to keeping her guest editorship with British Vogue in support of SmartWorks, et al, quiet for months), and M&H's recent private visit with the families of deployed military in Windsor, was reported after the fact.

Behind-the-scenes it is not just M&H who need to assess what has been happening in terms of the royals' relationship with the British media, and the overly negative nonstop coverage of Meghan. Rethinking needs to be done regarding palace leaks and how to counteract untruths, unfairness and OTT intrusiveness by the media which is deleterious to personal safety and security, to royal family interactions, and to peace of mind.

Last edited:

attyfan

I wonder if the supposed rift between Cambridges and Sussexes will be used to distract the media from more important matters, such as this:

PDilemma

@aftershocks Harry's mother died because she got into a vehicle with a drunk driver and didn't put on a seatbelt.

To go back a decision or two further, Harry's mother died because she chose to give up her royal protection officers and trust someone she shouldn't have. A decision that his father is said, by reliable sources, to have attempted to talk her out of.

Charles needs to sit him down and make him understand the truth about her decisions.

Diana courted the press when it suited her and complained about them when it didn't. She tipped them off as to where she would be to get good publicity. After the separation, she particularly did this when she was doing something with the boys in order to paint herself as the fun and involved parent. If Harry negatively associates camera clicks with his mother, it likely has a lot to do with her calling the paparazzi when she took him anywhere as a child. But admitting that would force him to accept that she was not a martyred saint. I have a feeling that William is in a better emotional state because he did not turn her into that in his mind. Harry needs help to move beyond that and have an adult perspective about her. I suspect that he would be behaving this way no matter who he had married as it is a result of a lot of complicated baggage about his mother. He doesn't need six weeks of Doria Ragland. He needs a year or two of serious therapy.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
@aftershocks Harry's mother died because she got into a vehicle with a drunk driver and didn't put on a seatbelt.

To go back a decision or two further, Harry's mother died because she chose to give up her royal protection officers and trust someone she shouldn't have. A decision that his father is said, by reliable sources, to have attempted to talk her out of.

Charles needs to sit him down and make him understand the truth about her decisions.

Diana courted the press when it suited her and complained about them when it didn't. She tipped them off as to where she would be to get good publicity. After the separation, she particularly did this when she was doing something with the boys in order to paint herself as the fun and involved parent. If Harry negatively associates camera clicks with his mother, it likely has a lot to do with her calling the paparazzi when she took him anywhere as a child. But admitting that would force him to accept that she was not a martyred saint. I have a feeling that William is in a better emotional state because he did not turn her into that in his mind. Harry needs help to move beyond that and have an adult perspective about her. I suspect that he would be behaving this way no matter who he had married as it is a result of a lot of complicated baggage about his mother. He doesn't need six weeks of Doria Ragland. He needs a year or two of serious therapy.

I agree with some of what you said. But you are not a trained psychiatrist & you don't know what he needs. Why anyone in this thread thinks he/she "knows" the royals is beyond me. We see the public persona, period.

mag

Why the snark about Doria? Maybe Meghan just wants to spend some time with her mom which she hasn't done since she moved to England. There's no care like mom-care.

I have yet to read or hear anyone who is not supportive of H&M spending six weeks in the US. In fairness to @PDilemma, I don’t think she is suggesting that they shouldn’t go, only that going will not fix Harry’s problems. In that, I agree with her. I will add though, that helping Meghan feel more settled is a good thing because then she will be in a better place to help Harry. She may also begin to see this crusade again the press for what it is: an extremely short sighted and and bad idea. I completely agree with you that an extended visit with her mom is most likely exactly what Meghan needs. They will also be in California where the weather should be nice and Meghan will have all the food and atmosphere she is used to. There is a calmness that can come from being in that kind of comfortable, familiar environment.

mag

I posted about this visit above, but I want to share this link because there is so much information in this blog post about the charity and the work the royals have done with it. Both Anne and Diana have visited and it was one of Kate’s first patronages. The money raised through the baby Cambridge fundraiser in 2013 was instrumental as well. To me it is the perfect example of the kind of positive, life changing work royals can, and do, do. It also shows the kind of long term, behind the scenes work Kate is doing with her charities.

canbelto

I have yet to read or hear anyone who is not supportive of H&M spending six weeks in the US. In fairness to @PDilemma, I don’t think she is suggesting that they shouldn’t go, only that going will not fix Harry’s problems. In that, I agree with her. I will add though, that helping Meghan feel more settled is a good thing because then she will be in a better place to help Harry. She may also begin to see this crusade again the press for what it is: an extremely short sighted and and bad idea. I completely agree with you that an extended visit with her mom is most likely exactly what Meghan needs. They will also be in California where the weather should be nice and Meghan will have all the food and atmosphere she is used to. There is a calmness that can come from being in that kind of comfortable, familiar environment.

Also think it's a good idea to have Archie spend some time with grandma in California. I could be wrong but I get the feeling that except for the Africa trip and Meghan and Harry's engagements in the UK they've been pretty holed up at Frogmore Cottage. A change of scenery will be good for Archie too.

Reactions: mag

Vagabond

He doesn't need six weeks of Doria Ragland. He needs a year or two of serious therapy.
He has been there and done that.

Prince Harry Talks About Struggles With Mental Health
The prince eventually sought counseling to work through his issues, which his brother Prince William had suggested. Harry also disclosed that he's likely been near a "complete breakdown," and has had difficulty with aggression. In an effort to appease his aggression, he "took up boxing."

"Because of the process I have been through over the past two-and-a-half years, I've now been able to take my work seriously, been able to take my private life seriously as well, and been able to put blood, sweat and tears into the things that really make a difference and things that I think will make a difference to everybody else," he said.

The Duke of Sussex has been actively engaged in public speaking and other work to promote mental health.

I would trust him, rather than some anonymous poster on a skating forum, to make an appropriate decision as to whether he should be receiving more therapy. And, for all we know, maybe he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information