Roll call - who's going?

MartineB

I live 25 minutes from the Bell Center and these will be my first Worlds. I was so disappointed when Worlds in Montréal were canceled in 2020, and thrilled when I learned they would be held here again in 2024. I’ll be attending competitions on Thursday and Friday, and I was gifted tickets to the gala from colleagues who bought these as a gift for my 25 years in the company. I can’t wait!

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
@MartineB you'll have a fabulous time! Worlds is always so fun!

I'm concerned with the walk from my hotel given I'm still slow and walking a little odd after my ACL surgery. It's 8 minutes from Vogue Montreal to the Bell Centre but it seems stupid to call an Uber for a 3 minute ride.

honey

Any tips for us newbies?
I assume most people posting here would know not to do this, but just putting this out there as a blanket statement:

Do not stand up in your seat to stretch your legs during the entire length of the warm up. Stay seated or go out to the concourse. I want to see the warm up, I do not want to be straining to look around the person in front of me who won’t sit down :mad:. I have had to ask people to please sit down at multiple competitions in the past. Most of the time they truly seem to not know. This delightful elderly guy in Boston was like “oh, you find the warm up interesting???”. He was very apologetic when he realized that most of the die hards in fact, do, want to see everything that is happening on the warm up :lol:.

That’s my personal pet peeve at live competitions.

Beyond that I’d say try to get to a practice if as you can, try to grab dinner between events one day at the official hotel so you can people watch (if you’re into that) and finally a flag makes a great makeshift blanket for your legs if you find it a bit chilly in the rink after a long day! You’ll have a blast though and enjoy :)

skatingguy

decently
I'm concerned with the walk from my hotel given I'm still slow and walking a little odd after my ACL surgery. It's 8 minutes from Vogue Montreal to the Bell Centre but it seems stupid to call an Uber for a 3 minute ride.
Montreal sidewalks in the downtown core are wide, and relatively flat, and with an early end to winter this year they should be clear of ice & snow.

AnnM

I also still have my credit from the canceled 2020 food tour. So Saturday morning is what most people are rebooking for?

I get in way late Tuesday, so anything after that I'll try to make.

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
I also still have my credit from the canceled 2020 food tour. So Saturday morning is what most people are rebooking for?

I get in way late Tuesday, so anything after that I'll try to make.
Yes, we picked the "Old Montreal" tour on Saturday morning at 11. :)

For anyone else who wants to join, I'll put the link here again since I think our original discussion was a few pages back. https://localfoodtours.com/montreal/

My credit from 2020 included a 25% bonus, but it wasn't properly applied to my coupon code - so just a heads up that you might need to contact their support if you're in the same boat.

fan

Ok guys, ping me (PM) by Sunday if you’d like to attend the lunch @ amea on Wednesday at 12:30 - I’ll call to see if they take reservations. I’d love meet you all!

mtnskater

Mr. Mtnskater and I are arriving in Montreal on Sunday the 17th. Monday we have reservations for the Aura show at 6pm followed by dinner at The Keg. Tuesday we are doing the Montreal Food tour. Hope to hit some practices starting on Tuesday. Very excited for our first time in Montreal! Safe travels everyone!

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Ok guys, ping me (PM) by Sunday if you’d like to attend the lunch @ amea on Wednesday at 12:30 - I’ll call to see if they take reservations. I’d love meet you all!
Can’t miss my pairs, but if someone wants to find a drink and snack in the arena during the opening ceremony…

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
If we move lunch a little earlier on Wednesday - maybe more of a brunch than a lunch - we wouldn't miss much of the pairs. Would people be open to that? Améa has a dedicated brunch menu, so it would still be a good spot to go. (@4rkidz do you have a volunteer shift that starts at 2pm at the Verdun rink? If we don't meet until 12:30, it might be a bit rushed for you.)

Former Lurve Goddess

If we move lunch a little earlier on Wednesday - maybe more of a brunch than a lunch - we wouldn't miss much of the pairs. Would people be open to that? Améa has a dedicated brunch menu, so it would still be a good spot to go. (@4rkidz do you have a volunteer shift that starts at 2pm at the Verdun rink? If we don't meet until 12:30, it might be a bit rushed for you.)
I like this idea!

mocha-ice

Sounds like fun - wish I could make it but my shift is 10-3 on Wednesday! Would have love to have met some of you.

kimkom

I don’t arrive until just after 10 am Wednesday, so I won’t be able to join you, but hopefully we’ll have another chance to meet up at some point. 🙂

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling

Sure could do earlier at 10.30 so people won’t miss pairs? It’s a cafe so I think you just get what you want and it’s large

AnnM

Yes, we picked the "Old Montreal" tour on Saturday morning at 11. :)

For anyone else who wants to join, I'll put the link here again since I think our original discussion was a few pages back. https://localfoodtours.com/montreal/

My credit from 2020 included a 25% bonus, but it wasn't properly applied to my coupon code - so just a heads up that you might need to contact their support if you're in the same boat.

I just booked the tour! My credit didn't include the 25% bonus though and they deftly ignored that portion of my email when I asked about it lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information