Rest in Peace, Luke Perry

AnnM

I'm in my early 40s and have a surprising number of friends close to my age who have hypertension. They're all healthy eaters, exercise, don't smoke, etc., but sometimes you just can't outfight your genes.

90210 started during my own sophomore year of high school, so it was really tied in tightly to my teen years. I'm so sad for his fans, friends, and family.

Peaches LaTour

canbelto

I wonder if it was a stroke or a brain aneurysm. There is a difference.

I had a very close friend who was very health-oriented, never smoked, drank or did drugs. He was very athletic. He dropped dead, of a brain aneurysm, at the age of 21.

Sometimes undetected brain tumors can also cause massive strokes/brain aneurysms.

oleada

This is so sad. He was so young.

My mom has 3 older brothers. At around age 50, all of them (and my maternal grandfather) had some sort of heart attack/stroke. My grandfather died of a stroke at 47. One of my uncles was permanently disabled after his stroke at 51. The other two had massive heart attacks; they could’ve died without quicker response. So a 50 something year old dying of a stroke/heart attack is not surprising to me, especially if you have a serious family history of stroke and hypertension. It’s hard to outrun your genes.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
So gutted to read this news today. I had pictures of him up on my walls when I was a teenager (loved 90210) and he always seemed like a really sweet guy. Sending love and prayers to his friends and family. RIP :fragile: :wuzrobbed

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information