Bumping:

Cards
The mailing address is:
Cards_4_Lee
Bentley School
Box 299, 5314 - 49 Street
Bentley, Alberta,
T0C 0J0
With all the changes in hospitals, I've lost track. Where is the address to send stuff to the medical staff?

Is it:
The staff at Neuro-ICU, Unit 4A4,
University of Alberta Hospital, 8440-112 Street NW,
Edmonton Alberta
T6G 2B7

barbarafan

Good morning, all.

We've been struggling for the past week... Lee has been trending downward in response and clinical symptoms since I last posted. We had a visit from the grandkids on Good Friday, and she seemed to perk up a little bit, but by yesterday, it was obvious that she wasnt well... again. Her surgical team reappropriated her and moved her to a recovery unit - surprisingly, back to the same bed and private room she was in after her colectomy - and they have been running tests ever since.

I stayed with her until after midnight last night, when she finally settled and I felt ok about leaving. Back this morning at 0730, and she is pretty sick; sleepy, a bit febrile, not feeling well at all. I see another day of testing in our future... with any luck, somebody is going to stumble across the answer. An answer. Any answer.

If I'm tired, I can only imagine what she is feeling...

That's what it looks like here, on Day 147.

Sometimes the only way you can find out what it is is by trial and error..ie it could be one of so many things so they have to plug through one by one til they hit the right one. You only know how strong you are when you are faced with that which seems to be beyond your limits. Not all wars are fought on the battlefield..Strength to both of you.

pat c

With all the changes in hospitals, I've lost track. Where is the address to send stuff to the medical staff?

Is it:
The staff at Neuro-ICU, Unit 4A4,
Edmonton Alberta
T6G 2B7
No, that's the Neuro ICU which is where she was first, this is where she would be now:

The staff at Neuro-recovery, Unit 4G3
Edmonton Alberta
T6G 2B7

Cards
The mailing address is:

Cards_4_Lee

Bentley School
Box 299, 5314 - 49 Street
Bentley, Alberta,
T0C 0J0

NeilJLeonard

Good morning, all.

We've been struggling for the past week... Lee has been trending downward in response and clinical symptoms since I last posted. We had a visit from the grandkids on Good Friday, and she seemed to perk up a little bit, but by yesterday, it was obvious that she wasnt well... again. Her surgical team reappropriated her and moved her to a recovery unit - surprisingly, back to the same bed and private room she was in after her colectomy - and they have been running tests ever since.

I stayed with her until after midnight last night, when she finally settled and I felt ok about leaving. Back this morning at 0730, and she is pretty sick; sleepy, a bit febrile, not feeling well at all. I see another day of testing in our future... with any luck, somebody is going to stumble across the answer. An answer. Any answer.

If I'm tired, I can only imagine what she is feeling...

That's what it looks like here, on Day 147.
:eek:...:confused:...:wall:...:fragile:...:(

NJL

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Thanks for the encouraging words and thoughts... yesterday was tough.

I got here at 0600 this morning and watched her sleep for an hour... she just opened her eyes... hoping today will be a step forward.

And, if you need to vent, you can do so with us either here or via PM. It's not so easy to do that with your family, especially since they're looking at you to be the rock right now. Or, just go outside and yell at the sky when you need to do so. Some of us have been there and done that so we understand.

FreeAgent

Oh Gerry. The road is long with many bumps, curves and turns. Sometimes you're up and then suddenly you find yourself going down. You are being shaped and molded but holding on none the less. I cannot tell you how much I admire and is inspired by the both of you.
You and Lee have my whole support (however virtual it may be) and I pray that you see the end of this and are rewarded.
God bless you.

kimkom

Oh, Gerry, how frustrating and scary for all of you! Massive hugs and good wishes to your whole family.

purple skates

Shadow Dancing
And, if you need to vent, you can do so with us either here or via PM. It's not so easy to do that with your family, especially since they're looking at you to be the rock right now. Or, just go outside and yell at the sky when you need to do so. Some of us have been there and done that so we understand.

This.

My husband has metastatic cancer, and spent several months in the hospital a few years ago due to a colostomy reversal that had severe complications. I can understand at least some of what you are going through. This place and several of these people have been amazingly helpful during our journey.

Lots of hugs (again).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information