Pairs Discussion Thread 2021-22

trouble77

Ok, first of all, you didn't talk about creativity and beauty. The Natalia's spin wasn't even invented by M/D. A pair did it before them. I think it was a Canadian pair from the 80s who did it before them.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Three A's, T&M, P&C
Ok, first of all, you didn't talk about creativity and beauty. The Natalia's spin wasn't even invented by M/D. A pair did it before them. I think it was a Canadian pair from the 80s who did it before them.
Yes I am familiar with Sandra Bezic's statement about the Canadian team. You are missing the main point of the conversation, which was ice dance spins and pairs spins. So what I didn't use the words beauty and creativity? It was an example of a great and well known pairs spin, which was admired. The original skater does not always get credit for a move. For example Biellman was not the first the do that spin. We are not discussing which pair had the best spins or who invented a certain spin. You took my post completely out of context. I am not sure you even read the complete post, or may be you didnt understand it. The intent of my original post was to make a correction to someone's statement, and share some information.

I will not discuss this with you anymore.

trouble77

I didn't care about the content of the entire conversation. You said M/D had the best spin. Out of context, within the context. That's what you said.
I am happy to end it here.

Sylvia

U.S. Qualifying season is underway!
Check out @clairecloutier's comprehensive 2021-22 season preview of PAIRS from Russia, China, Canada, USA, JPN's M/K & notable European teams!
Would anyone like to share any thoughts on what Claire wrote before the Pairs SP takes place at Skate America later today?

Doggygirl

Would anyone like to share any thoughts on what Claire wrote before the Pairs SP takes place at Skate America later today?

@clairecloutier I always love your articles and also your thoughtful posts around FSU!

In general, I'm looking forward to the season to cheer on the pairs who have been on the scene for a while, and also to check out emerging pairs that I haven't seen at all, or have seen very few times. Every year I try to fit in JGP viewing, and so far it hasn't happened consistently. So there are some pairs mentioned in the article that will be very new for me this season.

Russia: OMG what's not to love about the wealth of great teams??? Tarasova/Morosov are my sentimental favorites - I would love to see them sneak a medal at the Olys. I really didn't "get" Mishina/Galliomov two seasons ago. Strong elements, but (IMO) completely lacking in style. That changed for me last season, and now I'm a fan. I especially love tha Mishina is not some annorexic looking pair girl who is afraid to eat a sandwich. She looks fit and strong (as does he) and I just love the power that they portray. I also love Boi/Koz and hope they can pull together their programs - they seemed a bit uncooked in the early season. Love all the other Russian pairs as well - wish some of them could go country shopping! (Daria! :love: )

China: Rooting for Sui/Han to win their Oly gold, of course. Also love Peng/Jin and root for them to have a good season. It's heartbreaking that the powerful pairs program in China seems to have fallen apart. The Chinese pairs always gave Russian pairs a run for their money, and it is sad to see that aspect of pairs competition dwindling.

Canada: Also hoping for some new emerging stars in Canadian pairs. (and perhaps there are some exciting things happening in juniors!) Mean time, GO OLD FARTS!!! :D (speaking as one myself!) I'm concerned about KM-T/M2 - their looooow twist was downright scary at the early season comp! :yikes: Wishing James/Rad well - I'm not crazy about their music selections. It seems logical to me (but I'm no teknik, so probably way off base) that a new pair would find it easier to skate to slower music. But...I still find it snoozy. They are sure a striking couple on the ice. AND I AM TOTALLY TEAM STELLATO-DUDEK! :D :kickass: I hope they get some good assignments over the next year since she was finally released. Walsh/Michaud - well, maybe they will impress me more this season???? 🤷‍♀️

USA: I found the live arena feedback from SA practices yesterday to be very telling - skating skills of Russia v. skating skills of USA. Oh well. Sentimental faves are Gribbles. I love their long lines together, and their personalities and goals. My heart breaks for the known and unknown damage done to US pair people by Delilah Sappenfield. May she burn in hell.

Other: LOVE Barquero Sandron! I thought she had star power before, and now she seems to have a strong partner. Wishing them a great season - it's sure off to a good start! I think they are my new favorite Western European pair. I also love Miura/Kihara! :cheer2:

Well, those are my faves and picks! Wishing all the pairs a season to be proud of. :kickass:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information