Kostornaia out of Russian Nationals

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
But how do you know that?
Tutberidze does not run a remote, closed camp. While we can't know for sure, her conditions let in more light than the one the Karolyis were allowed to create. She also hasn't tried to create an image of big bear kindness contrary to his abuse.

ETA: also, as far as we know, a sexual predator hasn't been given free reign there.

becca

But how do you know that?
Karolyis Romanian students well before Nassar said that they beat them and also locked them in rooms with no food. They had to drink water from toilets.

The Karolyis were apparently horrible for Communist standards the Romanians talked about how life improved with new coaches.

Has any of Eteri’s students even the ones who left alleged that?

Your right now we don’t know everything but she is not conducting Secret camps she isn’t the decider of who makes teams.
So she does have far less power too.

We don’t know but personality I am a huge believer in giving others the benefit of the doubt. So I am not going to accuse them of the Karolyi abuse without Evidence.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
It is good that she is improving as a coach but why was she the head coach of so many and so politically powerful in the Russian federation before she was already a better coach? Do we need to have a discussion about coaching coaches?

When are they good enough to be in charge? What training do they need to have before they are considered elite level coaches?
Because the Russian Fed wanted results...and they certainly got that.
I doubt they care about technique.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Karolyis Romanian students well before Nassar said that they beat them and also locked them in rooms with no food. They had to drink water from toilets.

The Karolyis were apparently horrible for Communist standards the Romanians talked about how life improved with new coaches.

Has any of Eteri’s students even the ones who left alleged that?

Your right now we don’t know everything but she is not conducting Secret camps she isn’t the decider of who makes teams.
So she does have far less power too.

We don’t know but personality I am a huge believer in giving others the benefit of the doubt. So I am not going to accuse them of the Karolyi abuse without Evidence.
I am confused. Did Karoli also teach figure skating. Amazing

barbarafan

In Orsers defense both these ladies came to him physically broken and they were training them with that in mind. How long did either's career last due to injuries when they each returned to Eteri?

eta... might not be accurate with why the one came to Orser but her body certainly gave out when she returned to Eteri.
Right........her back lasted a New York Minute and where did Med pick up Covid**********

barbarafan

Medvedeva didn't leave Orser by choice. Had she been in Canada when the government there imposed travel restrictions, she probably would have stayed there.
She was able to come back but the problem would be her mother who moved to Canada with her. Her mother would not have been able to enter Canada so Med did not return either.

Scott512

Can someone explain how this thread about Aliona has Bella and Marta in it?

Any surgery for Alena or can she escape the knife?

She fell on an axel. I hope it was a 2A but I doubt it. She was close to getting her 3A back. But now with broken hand and olympic season over will she ever get her great 3A back?

becca

Can someone explain how this thread about Aliona has Bella and Marta in it?

Any surgery for Alena or can she escape the knife?

She fell on an axel. I hope it was a 2A but I doubt it. She was close to getting her 3A back. But now with broken hand and olympic season over will she ever get her great 3A back?
Folks were comparing Eteri to them. I don’t think that’s fair.

Scott512

Folks were comparing Eteri to them. I don’t think that’s fair.
Certainly not.

Russian coaches can be harsh and mean and degrading. But that's how they grew up.

Bella and Marta may very well be in A League of Their Own.

I just hope at this point Russia does not have their own Larry Nassar. That creepy pedophile doctor was allowed to run wild here for 20 years in America and everybody turned away from it including the FBI. That is unforgivable because this pervert doctor damaged the lives of hundreds if not thousands of girls over 20 years.
I don't know how our Sports leaders in America who let this happen for such a long time can ever be forgiven.

becca

Zz
Certainly not.

Russian coaches can be harsh and mean and degrading. But that's how they grew up.

Bella and Marta may very well be in A League of Their Own.

I just hope at this point Russia does not have their own Larry Nassar. That creepy pedophile doctor was allowed to run wild here for 20 years in America and everybody turned away from it including the FBI. That is unforgivable because this pervert doctor damaged the lives of hundreds if not thousands of girls over 20 years.
I don't know how our Sports leaders in America who let this happen for such a long time can ever be forgiven.
To be Frank I think any environment where kids are will have issues predators will want to be there.

But the coverup and they knew Bela was horrible

Scott512

Zz

To be Frank I think any environment where kids are will have issues predators will want to be there.

But the coverup and they knew Bela was horrible
Agreed.

Let's hope we don't have a Larry Nasser situation again in the United States or anywhere. It's just so embarrassing. Tragic too.

I think at this point we know that parents need to be more involved with their children's livis their children's lives whether they're 5 years old or 18 years old. Coaches ruling the rust in figure skating or gymnastics can bring the best and worst out of kids. I'd like the parents need to be more involved and know what's going on it's hard to believe that Larry Nasser got to abuse literally hundreds of girls and they didn't tell their parents so why did they keep quiet? Pressure and the cost of winning.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I'd like the parents need to be more involved and know what's going on it's hard to believe that Larry Nasser got to abuse literally hundreds of girls and they didn't tell their parents so why did they keep quiet? Pressure and the cost of winning.

Please go back and read some more about the Nassar case. Many of the victims did tell their parents. And some of the parents tried to get US Gymnastics to do something about him, and they were either disbelieved or ignored.

Scott512

Please go back and read some more about the Nassar case. Many of the victims did tell their parents. And some of the parents tried to get US Gymnastics to do something about him, and they were either disbelieved or ignored.
I wish they could have somehow been more vocal and more public. This should have never gone on for so long. Truly tragic.

caseyedwards

The level of whataboutism and excuse-making in this thread is epic. Yeah, let’s just carry on with this lovely situation in which a two-time World champion now, at age 22, cannot turn her back in one direction, and in which the 2019 World gold and silver medalists get disappeared from competition mere months later, at ages 17 and 19. This, and 16- or 17-year-olds being washed up is all just great, a normal part of figure skating, and something we should all just accept.

I appreciated @kwanatic’s take on the situation: https://twitter.com/NakedIceBlog/status/1471482349691060230
But this has been fact of life of skating for 40 years now!

hanca

Values her privacy
The level of whataboutism and excuse-making in this thread is epic. Yeah, let’s just carry on with this lovely situation in which a two-time World champion now, at age 22, cannot turn her back in one direction, and in which the 2019 World gold and silver medalists get disappeared from competition mere months later, at ages 17 and 19. This, and 16- or 17-year-olds being washed up is all just great, a normal part of figure skating, and something we should all just accept.

I appreciated @kwanatic’s take on the situation: https://twitter.com/NakedIceBlog/status/1471482349691060230
Were you complaining as much when it was world champion Kimmie Meissner retiring at 19 because of injuries? And Tara Lipinski? Or is it a concern only now, when it is the Russians who keep winning?

Scott512

Were you complaining as much when it was world champion Kimmie Meissner retiring at 19 because of injuries? And Tara Lipinski? Or is it a concern only now, when it is the Russians who keep winning?
That's a fair question. A lot of the screaming is because of the TT girls dominating for many years and then being replaced by younger and better girls. The sport has never seen anything like this from one coach at 1 rink in 1 discipline.

I have no doubt that this coach has flaws as a coach and as a person but I think that's par for the course in a sport like figure skating or gymnastics. If you play these sports you're going to get injured many many times most likely.

Rika has been injured for many months. I hope there is as much concern for her and this brilliant skater's present and future career as there are for the TT girls. But I don't think that's the case.

I think people forget that a couple of the greats yagudin and Plushenko retired with hardware stores in their backs. They are living normal lives and hopefully not in much pain. Figure skating is a beautiful sport and it's a brutal sport physically there's no denying it there is no protecting the skaters from it. It's just the way it is.

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
That's a fair question. A lot of the screaming is because of the TT girls dominating for many years and then being replaced by younger and better girls. The sport has never seen anything like this from one coach at 1 rink in 1 discipline.
I have no doubt that this coach has flaws as a coach and as a person but I think that's part of the course in a sport like figure skating or gymnastics.

Rika has been injured for many months. I hope there is as much concern for her and this brilliant skater's present and future career as there are for the TT girls. But I don't think that's the case.

I think people forget that a couple of the greats yagudin and Plushenko retired with hardware stores in their backs. They are living normal lives and hopefully not in much pain. Figure skating is a beautiful sport and it's a brutal sport physically there's no denying it there is no protecting the skaters from it. It's just the way it is.
And you don't think it's a good idea at least to try to help them be as safe and healthy as they can be within the parameters of this undeniably brutal sport? Because that's all that most of us are asking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information