ISU Grand Prix Assignments 2017/18 Olympic season

clairecloutier

I believe that we don't know whether Ryom/Kim will actually be allowed to compete at the Olympics. Right?

Does anyone know what will happen if they don't compete, and/or if Duskova/Bidar aren't able to recover in time? Would those slots just go empty, or would they go to the next 2 countries in line from Nebelhorn??

teacakes

During Cup of China, Yulia commented on Zijun and her withdrawal. She said that there were rumours that she might retire since she no longer lives in the camp/dormitory for Chinese skaters and has returned to China (athletes aren't allowed to leave the camp during the season).

skatingguy

decently
I believe that we don't know whether Ryom/Kim will actually be allowed to compete at the Olympics. Right?

Does anyone know what will happen if they don't compete, and/or if Duskova/Bidar aren't able to recover in time? Would those slots just go empty, or would they go to the next 2 countries in line from Nebelhorn??
At this time we have no reason to believe that the North Koreans won't be allowed to compete. I believe they will compete there. It will be a good sign for the Koreans that the Olympics will go off without a war starting if North Korea sends athletes to compete.

If they, or the Czechs, are unable to compete than the slots go to the next team on the list from Nebelhorn. Next two in line are Japan & Belarus.

clairecloutier

At this time we have no reason to believe that the North Koreans won't be allowed to compete. I believe they will compete there.

The issue of Ryom/Kim possibly not being allowed to compete at the Games has been raised in multiple articles, including this New York Times article from Nebelhorn: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/29/sports/olympics/north-korea-olympics-nuclear-tension.html.

Their participation is not certain, as the article makes clear. The fact that they were allowed to 1) skate at Worlds this spring and 2) qualify at Nebelhorn probably makes it more likely, though.

Of course, I hope to see them in Pyeongchang. I was just wondering what the practical implications are, if they aren't allowed to compete.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Hiro Yoshida tweeted an hour ago:

According to a tweet by @TheRobinCousins British ice dancers @PennyCoomes & @N_Buckland earned a late entry for #NHKTrophy which starts on Friday this week. It’s very last minute, but a great chance to show their amazing programmes. Wishing them the very best of luck in Osaka!
Here is Robin Cousins' tweet:
We’ll look who’s heading to Japan @PennyCoomes @N_Buckland #NHKTrophy2017 it’s amazing what can happen in the space of a few hours! Go Team
The NHK Entries list and the grid haven't been updated yet -- does anyone know whom they are replacing?

lauravvv

That leaves Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen, Tkachenko/Tobias, and Nazarova/Nikitin
I really hope it's not Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen. Of course, I don't wish any injuries or other problems to T/T or N/N either. In any case, if it's one of them, hopefully it's nothing too serious. I suspect, though, that it could be Tobias/Tkachenko. They withdrew from the Minsk Challenger, so, if an injury was the reason, perhaps it's either not completely healed yet or they simply had too little training time and are not quite ready.

Still, really glad for Coomes/Buckland. They deserve it. And what a great lineup of ice dancers at NHK!

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
T/T would have had better odds at gaining more WS points for the Team Event at NHK than at SA, at least on paper.

barbarafan

Why would you be nervous to have Tessa and Scott in a warmup with Nikita???:confused:

Because last yr at NHK he played chicken w/tessa & scott as they called V/M's names by cutting across rink with Vik.leg in arabesque position right in front of them figuring it would make V/M have to stop. Tessa was coming down fr.lift which blocked Scott's vision& Vik.skate cut Tessa's leg.Scott grabbed Tessa at last second&pulled her against him or it would have been very serious.He did not mean to hurt her but is not skillful enough to pull that kind of stunt safely.

RoseRed

Really. He's another who has destroyed his own career, but he's not going to run amok during a warm up session. :lol:
S/K ran into V/M in the NHK warmup last season. They hit Tessa, you could see a big bruise on her leg after. Scott was super mad. Looked to me like it was S/K's fault, though it can be hard to tell.

oleada

I know that Nikita isn't perfect and all but to hope that he (or anyone else) will withdraw from competition? Really? :shuffle:

Yeah. I don't like Nikita, like at all, but accidents happen in warmup all the time and I would not immediately assume it was deliberate. I mean, for example, last week, Tuk and Mihara ran into each other ....

barbarafan

I doubt it was deliberate. Accidents happen.

He suddenly pulled Victoria right in front of them.That you could see was deliberate. He figured Scott would stop but his vision was blocked. His actually hitting and cutting her was an accident I am sure.

hanca

Values her privacy
He suddenly pulled Victoria right in front of them.That you could see was deliberate. He figured Scott would stop but his vision was blocked. His actually hitting and cutting her was an accident I am sure.
That’s your assumption.

hanca

Values her privacy
Yes, and I don’t think anyone can say for certain that he did it on purpose. He may be arrogant enough not to look because he thinks tha everyone else will move for him, but unless you can read his thoughts, you don’t know whether he did it on purpose or not. So it is your own interpretation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information