ISU Grand Prix Assignments 2017/18 Olympic season

Sylvia

TBD
How exciting for 37-year-old Zoe Jones! (setting aside whether or not they "deserve" the spot over other pairs)
UPDATE - PAIRS with 1 GP assignment or none (link to 2016-17 ISU SB list)
22 Castelli/Tran USA - competed at Rostelecom
25 Cain/LeDuc USA - invited to Cup of China (replaced Kayne/O'Shea)
26 Ryom/Kim PRK
28 Ruest/Wolfe CAN
30 Efimova/Korovin RUS
36 Jones/Reagan CAN (reportedly have split?)
38 Danilova/Kamianchuk BLR
39 Calalang/Sidhu USA
40 Stellato/Bartholomay USA - filled Skate America TBD
42 Butkute/Ermolaev LTU (eta: yet to compete this season)
43 Smith/Reiss USA
44 Ghilardi/Ambrosini ITA (retired after Lombardia SP; scheduled for Warsaw Cup)
45 Hase/Seegert GER
46 Liu/Johnson USA
47 Esbrat/Novoselov FRA - filled France TBD
48 Jones/Boyadji GBR

sus2850

Now where's my girl Penny Coomes (and Nick of course) on the GP, huh? :soapbox: THEY DESERVE A SPOT TOO!

PS: That's great for Zoe and Christopher!!!

Well, there have been no dance withdrawals so far, but if there is one they should get that spot then.

J

Jeschke

Boyadi/Jones on GP circuit.
I have no words :scream::rofl::yikes::40beers:

(But I like to see the spots are getting filled and almost all other teams where overseas; i just he would have picked ITA#3 or GER#3 instead, but well...at least Novoselov will not come in dead last! :D)

lauravvv

Well, there have been no dance withdrawals so far, but if there is one they should get that spot then.
They should, but probably Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen who are ranked higher than them for now will get a second event instead in such case.

Marco

was there too much doubt? :EVILLE:

Z comfortably beat X at 4CCs but it happened the other way at Worlds. And then one won the short and the other won the free at WTT.

Neither was yet dominant over the other. I didn't think it was over yet.

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work

Here is hoping somehow Sinitsina/Katsalapov give up after Minsk Challenger and the spots open for Penny/Nick

Maximillian

RIP TA
Sad for Zijun, thought she had a lot of promise, but she's been on a steady decline for the past couple years, though it's never helped that she always looks like she has no effs to give whenever she skates.

Sabine-Yuna

Boyadi/Jones on GP circuit.
I have no words :scream::rofl::yikes::40beers:

(But I like to see the spots are getting filled and almost all other teams where overseas; i just he would have picked ITA#3 or GER#3 instead, but well...at least Novoselov will not come in dead last! :D)
It sounds as if Duskova/ Bidar might have to cancel Europeans, so they probably need to cancel GP France as well. Next chance for DG to hire a new pair. It will be interesting who is next. Why would you go with GER#3 and not the better pair GER#2?

Sylvia

TBD
It sounds as if Duskova/ Bidar might have to cancel Europeans, so they probably need to cancel GP France as well.
Czech federation's statement published today (Nov. 1): https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=cs&tl=en&u=http://www.czechskating.org/clanek/738/grand-prix-2017
ETA relevant Google translated excerpt:

Update 1.11.2017:

Anna Dušková and Martin Bidař have to postpone their premiere in Grand Prix competitions for the next season. Anna wounded in warm-up before training and unfortunately the injury was more serious than just a rash. Anna Dušková will have to undergo a broken knee ligament surgery and we have to cancel our participation in Grand Prix competitions. (...)

Last edited:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
IFS Magazine just tweeted:

Anna Dušková & Martin Bidař have withdrawn from Cup of China. Anna injured in a warm-up and will undergo surgery for broken knee ligament.
IdF, D/B's scheduled 2nd GP, is before the 14-day replacement period cut-off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information