Isabeau Levito Fan Thread!

Allskate

Isabeau's solos for SOI are her well-known "The Swan" by Saint-Saens and Madonna's "Material Girl" (in first half) per the U.S. Stars on Ice thread in GSD.

Here's a link to video of her "Material Girl" program:

With her choice of "Material Girl," she's warming us up for all those 80s RDs this coming season. :lol: Personally, I generally like 80s music, so I'm looking forward to seeing what the ice dancers do with the RDs. But, Isabeau's exhibition program obviously is quite different from what we would see from ice dancers in a competitive program. Her program has some "posey" choreography.

I think lots of people will enjoy this program. This kind of choreography is not really my cup of tea because I would prefer to see less posing and more interesting footwork and moves, but she doesn't seem quite comfortable with it yet, so the program probably will grow on me; I think the slide move in the middle probably didn't go as planned and could be fun and interesting. I also liked the way she entered the ice and how she ended her last spin. And I'm always happy to see her spirals and Ina Bauer (though I'm waiting for her to include a really long one in one of her programs). More importantly, I think it's great that she's using her exhibition program to try a different style.

Last edited:

Allskate

TeamLevito posted this IG story of two photos of Isabeau and Nathan together at different ages. Very cute:

Sylvia

TBD
I came across this Mount Laurel, New Jersey (where she trains) article dated April 14: https://www.tapinto.net/towns/mount...-from-a-mt-laurel-rink-into-hearts-nationwide

FSO spoke to Isabeau before the Hershey Stars on Ice (final) show on June 4 (also posted in the U.S. Women's news thread): https://figureskatersonline.com/new...vito-ready-to-start-training-for-next-season/
Levito: Yes, I have music and I’m about to start choreographing them.
FSO: Who will be choreographing your programs?
Levito: My coach, Yulia [Kuznetsova]. She will be doing both programs.
FSO: Can you give fans any clues or hints to what your programs are for next season?
Levito: See I would give you clues, but I mean you have to use it in your journal so, unfortunately no. (laughs). But I’ll be announcing them relatively soon.

Allskate

I came across this Mount Laurel, New Jersey (where she trains) article dated April 14: https://www.tapinto.net/towns/mount...-from-a-mt-laurel-rink-into-hearts-nationwide

FSO spoke to Isabeau before the Hershey Stars on Ice (final) show on June 4 (also posted in the U.S. Women's news thread): https://figureskatersonline.com/new...vito-ready-to-start-training-for-next-season/

Thanks for the links. I'm so glad that Isabeau seems to have had a lot of fun with WTT and SOI.

I think Yulia usually gives Isabeau good choreography, but I am a bit disappointed that she is choreographing both of Isabeau's programs this season. I would have liked to see Isabeau explore different kinds of movement and choreography with someone else.
I'm looking forward to learning what her music is going to be!

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
Thanks for the links. I'm so glad that Isabeau seems to have had a lot of fun with WTT and SOI.

I think Yulia usually gives Isabeau good choreography, but I am a bit disappointed that she is choreographing both of Isabeau's programs this season. I would have liked to see Isabeau explore different kinds of movement and choreography with someone else.
I'm looking forward to learning what her music is going to be!
Yeah, not that I don't like her programmes with Yulia (and I think that The Swan is one of the best junior programmes in a long time) but for me working with different choreographers is generally a good thing. I think Isabeau has the potential to be a really versatile skater and I'd like to see her challenged by a different choreographic vocabulary.

Allskate

I somehow missed Kurt Browning's response to one of Isabeau's IG posts. Kurt Browning is one of my all-time favorites, so I found this especially sweet.

Isabeau posted photos of her and Kurt and a video of her doing the Browning and said how grateful she was to have been able to get to know Kurt and Alyssa on the SOI tour.

Kurt responded with this:

"Dear Little Isabeau You were so very kind to me and another reason why my final stars on ice tour was so very special. Meeting fresh talented skaters like yourself is one of the things I will miss the most. Even though I’m not bowing with you anymore, you still have a skating papa for life!"

Allskate

I'm cross-posting from the U.S. Women's thread.

Isabeau is teasing us about her new programs. She says she's excited about her new programs, but plays only a two second clip in her IG story.

Login • Instagram

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.
www.instagram.com
www.instagram.com

It's a very short clip, but it sounds like Dua Lipa's "Dance the Night" from the Barbie soundtrack. Anybody think it's something else? It's hard to know if this is her program music, though, or if it's just music she played with the clip. It would be quite a departure for a competitive program. (She did do a Madonna program for SOI.)

Does anybody think that this clip might be a jump entrance?

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Isabeau's 2023-24 program music waas updated in her Team USA bio before she made her season debut at Nebelhorn Trophy: https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/sports/figure-skating/roster/isabeau-levito/837

SP Music: "Yearning" by Raul Ferrando
FS Music: Music from The White Crow [composed by Ilan Eshkeri; violin performed] by Lisa Batiashvili

After she had won the gold, this happened at the Exhibition Gala on Saturday, Sept. 23 :)): https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxjHwvFLRFX/

Allskate

I hadn't heard before that Madison Chock helped Isabeau come up with choreography ideas for her short program. It sounds like Madison has become a mentor to Isabeau, with Isabeau calling her "mom."

ETA: Here's the article about Isabeau that is quoted in the IG story:

It's nice the way the American women appreciate and support each other. Isabeau recently said that Amber inspires her:

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Absolute Skating spoke to Isabeau after her Nebelhorn Trophy SP (6 photos): https://www.instagram.com/p/CymGadRo-vm/
"I love this program so much, and I really wanted to do it justice. Every jump, every spin is choreographed in it, so if I miss a technical element, I also miss a bit of choreography. Therefore, I was extra nervous about it, but for the first competition with this program, I feel pretty good. I'm excited to keep improving it.
I love it so much because it's a new style for me, the new gestures, I like the feeling I get when I perform it nicely. I really love that I get to just stare at the judges instead of smiling or flirting; this is so much fun! This is my most challenging program this year; I think my free skate is a bit easier. There are so many up and down movements, and you see this snake on my hand; it's a bit heavy! My coach came up with the costume; she's a genius in this way. The base color of the dress represents the desert, the dunes. It's like when the wind carries sand everywhere, so the crystals represent the sand, and I have the snake that runs over my whole body, with its tongue on my fingers. I'm basically the snake in this program; I'm everywhere, continuously moving, and I try to look spineless, so that's a struggle too. And at the end of the program, the snake attacks! So the judges are in danger!"

Scott512

I'm a little concerned about Isabeau. She's such a beautiful and artistic and charismatic skater but her levels are not as good as they were at US nationals in January. She doesn't spin as well as she used to and she seems to be less consistent. She won the France GP with somewhat disappointing LP. I mean a win is but I hope she's getting much bigger scores at nationals in a couple months.

Sylvia

TBD
Olympics.com article by Nick McCarvel (March 17, 2024): https://olympics.com/en/news/isabea...championships-mental-coach-return-confidence-
She has extra motivation to skate with, too, after stumbling to the bronze medal at the U.S. Championships in January, falling three times in her free skate. [...]
“I just accept what I did [at Nationals] and then start thinking about what I'm going to do in training to fix it,” she said after. “And what I'm going to think mentally to move past it, too.” [...]
Levito knows that her best can stack up – even on the world stage.
“I just want to skate the way I know I can skate, and I just want to be happy with how I skated and feel that no matter what the result is or the scores are, what placement I'm in, that I really skated my best,” she says.
“And to be satisfied with myself and know that I fulfilled my potential.”
Levito has said she works with a mental coach, and also uses the support of the crowd. Which, in particular at the national championships, was there to push her on.
“I was really disappointed with how I skated,” she admits. “Looking out into the crowd was just distracting me from the fact that I had fallen, the fact that I didn't win a title, the fact that I didn't skate the way I wanted to. When I was looking into the crowd, I just thought of how much they seem to love me and how heartwarming that felt.”

Sylvia

TBD
Nicholas Richard spoke to Isabeau the day after she won the silver and wrote a column about her for La Presse (updated March 26):
Translated excerpts:
Levito responded without hesitation when asked by your reporter if she deserved to hear her name pronounced in the same sentence as those athletes whose first names alone are enough to identify them: “Yes. »
Moreover, Levito inherited his first name thanks to the film Ladyhawke, the Woman of the Night, a 1985 film in which Michelle Pfeiffer played Isabeau d'Anjou.
The discussion took place near the entrance to the Montreal Canadiens locker room. For almost 10 minutes, the American with the angelic smile and the look of wonder who had impressed the judges and the Quebec public the day before seemed more withdrawn, offering more limited access than one might expect. A short eclipse has somewhat darkened the ray of sunshine that she personifies on the ice rink.
In reality, we will never be able to truly understand what it means to abandon oneself body and soul to a program defined in the fall and refined until the spring. And above all to deliver it in the most complete apotheosis while braving the storm.
Expectations were considerable, even if the main interested party claims not to have paid attention to them. “I never think about it. I don't care what people around me say. I truly skate for myself first and foremost. »
Somewhere between admiration and envy, young girls of her generation will certainly want to be inspired by her journey. But Levito, herself faced with disproportionate expectations in a sport where judgment sometimes hurts more than a bad result, wants to point out that comparison sometimes acts more like a poison.
It's also not like I have a normal life and go to school. --Isabeau Levito
Intruding into a world like that of professional figure skating cost him part of his adolescence. But the word “sacrifice” was never used by the Philadelphia native, who grew up in New Jersey. “It really is a full-time job. Everything I do in my life revolves around sport. I take care of my body. It requires a lot of responsibility in the same way as working 9 to 5. But it pushed me to become mature very quickly. »
The encouragement was thunderous, but it had nothing to do with the reception she will receive in a year, at the World Championships which will be presented at the TD Garden in Boston, in front of her family, and in the heart of a year Olympic qualification. “Oh no, I don’t want to think about it. It's really too far! »
American author Ernest Hemingway once defined courage as a display of grace under pressure. If Levito has already expressed all her virtuosity, it is in a year that we will see if she is also courageous.
No one can predict the future, not even Levito, who seems to have all the talents, but one thing is certain, she will be ready to brave the storm when the time comes.
“You have to be mentally ready, you have to be happy and you have to love what you do before you even jump on the ice and take on all that. We work so hard, it's surreal. So you have to enjoy what you do. »

mtnskater

Surprised there aren’t more post-worlds posts here congratulating Isabeau.

Both of Isabeau’s Worlds performances were absolutely gorgeous and spell binding. Several of us Ubers in tears both times. Especially knowing what a rough year she’s had. So glad to have seen these memorable performances live in Montreal.

Major congratulations to Isabeau! And for delivering three U.S. women’s spots for Boston with two clutch performances.

DreamSkates

Nicholas Richard spoke to Isabeau the day after she won the silver and wrote a column about her for La Presse (updated March 26):
Translated excerpts:
Except that Worlds results don’t qualify her for the Olympics, which come first.

Both of Isabeau’s Worlds performances were absolutely gorgeous and spell binding. Several of us Ubers in tears both times. Especially knowing what a rough year she’s had. So glad to have seen these memorable performances live in Montreal.

Major congratulations to Isabeau! And for delivering three U.S. women’s spots for Boston with two clutch performances.
My congrats (several) are on Instagram so hopefully she’s received plenty

Lots of congrats on Instagram!

Allskate

Isabeau has posted some fun photos from last week:

She's going to be skating in the SOI tour in Japan. Here are some photos Piper took of Isabeau with her and some of the other skaters:

Sylvia

TBD
She's going to be skating in the SOI tour in Japan.
The first show in Osaka was yesterday - I’m posting relevant links in the GSD thread dedicated to all shows in Japan: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...foi-probably-doi-the-ice.111623/#post-6582349

Except that Worlds results don’t qualify her for the Olympics, which come first.
I took the that part of the article to mean that Boston Worlds results will determine the number of Olympic spots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information