Grand Prix 2021-22 Season Potential Assignments

Sylvia

Off season is club competition season!
Nicolas Nadeau finished 6th in the Virtual Skate Canada Challenge behind Sadovsky, Nguyen, Corey Circelli (has one more year of ISU Junior age eligibility), Joseph Phan and Conrad Orzel. (Keegan Messing did not compete.)

ETA:

The World Team Trophy segment scores were added together and included in the ISU SB total scores lists:

Season Best Total Scores 2020/21

Last edited:

Frau Muller

Proud Puerto Rican-Russkaya!
I hope USFSA throws Amber the love and gives her skate America again since they passed her over for worlds

I think Amber gets two spots, hopefully skate America is one of them
I’d also love to see Amber at Skate America! Decision on who to invite (3rd US lady at SkAm) will likely be made after Nebelhorn...we’ll know WHO went to Nebelhorn and how she performed.

I’m pretty sure that one of the three SkAm slots is for Bradie as US champ. Toyota is the main sponsor, so Alysa will likely be there, regardless of whether or not she’s sent to Nebelhorn & the results there.

Then there’s the 3rd - usually “tbd” - slot. If someone other than Alysa is sent to Nebelhorn & does amazingly well (such as Amber or Mariah), then that person will likely be the “tbd slot” at SkAm.

If Alysa goes to Nebelhorn, she’s already likely going to SkAm...in which case NBC and sponsors may ask for Starr Andrews, assuming that Starr will have been improving her tech during summer.

I see several scenarios for who’ll fill the SkAm “tbd lady slot,” in other words.

There’s also Chen but I bet that she’ll be sent to SkCanada and/or GP France. Don’t they usually split the top-2 US ladies (based on performance at Worlds) between SkAm and SkCan? We know that neither Tennell nor Chen will be at Nebelhorn.

Last edited:

Karen-W

I’d also love to see Amber at Skate America! Decision on who to invite (3rd US lady at SkAm) will likely be made after Nebelhorn...we’ll know WHO went to Nebelhorn and how she performed.

I’m pretty sure that one of the three SkAm slots is for Bradie as US champ. Toyota is the main sponsor, so Alysa will likely be there, regardless of whether or not she’s sent to Nebelhorn & the results there.

Then there’s the 3rd - usually “tbd” - slot. If someone other than Alysa is sent to Nebelhorn & does amazingly well (such as Amber or Mariah), then that person will likely be the “tbd slot” at SkAm.

If Alysa goes to Nebelhorn, she’s already likely going to SkAm...in which case NBC and sponsors may ask for Starr Andrews, assuming that Starr will have been improving her tech during summer.

I see several scenarios for who’ll fill the SkAm “tbd lady slot,” in other words.

There’s also Chen but I bet that she’ll be sent to SkCanada and/or GP France. Don’t they usually split the top-2 US ladies (based on performance at Worlds) between SkAm and SkCan? We know that neither Tennell nor Chen will be at Nebelhorn.
Chen is going to be the #4 pick by the GP feds based on her Worlds finish. I'm sure the USFS will consult with her prior to the GP meeting and let the other feds know what her preferences are. SkCan and IdF seem like reasonable bets.

Per haribobo's calculations, Amber is expected to wind up in the top 24 WS when those are recalculated, same with Starr, so neither of them will be in need of the SkAm host pick. Odds are strong that those will go to Alysa and Mariah, especially if they can't manage to pick up an invitation to a 2nd GP - hopefully CoC will invite one of them since they rarely use their 3 host picks for Chinese ladies (my guess would be Shan Lin gets one of the host spots and they thank the USFS for inviting her to SkAm this past fall by inviting either Bell or Liu).

Also, aren’t Challenger champs put on the alternate list? I can see a lot of the early Challengers packed with some of these skaters who are out of the top 24 due to the unusual 2020-21 season and its effect on the WS rankings.

mattiecat13

Does anyone know when GP series rosters will be announced? I believe it’s usually in June but I thought it was earlier before an Olympic season.

Debbie S

Does anyone know when GP series rosters will be announced? I believe it’s usually in June but I thought it was earlier before an Olympic season.
I think it's always been June. The host countries "meet" (presumably virtual this year) and assignments are published a couple days after that. The latest ISU communication (the Challenger events announcement) says there is an ISU Council meeting on June 3...perhaps the GP selections will be tacked on to that.

Sylvia

Off season is club competition season!
The GP assignments for the last Olympic season were published in late May 2017. There is an ISU Grand Prix Coordination Group and I believe they organize the annual meeting that decides GP distribution and are separate from the ISU Council.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Also, aren’t Challenger champs put on the alternate list?
At the bottom, after the Top 75 (minus skaters who remain in juniors and skaters not competing for the season/opting out of GP). Although hosts ignore the order of the alternates list all the time.

Debbie S

My guess is it will stay in Vegas, at least for another year. But maybe their lack of announcement by now means it will be moved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information