German Skating Season 2020-21

J

Jeschke

It seems we have seen different programs or you are a little extra picky. It did n't seem wobbly at all to me and where were all the not so clean elements? It's true that not every element was +3, +4 or +5, but not clean is minus for me and I did n't see a lot worth a minus in this program. That was the program of H/S.
Seems like I have to rewatch to see if I have just been grumpy yesterday :rofl:

Rewatched. Okay, maybe it seemed picky, but I still stand to it: 2a2t of him, first throw two-footed, reverse and axel lift with not much speed - not shaky but not very secure to me either, him almost dropping out ending pose.

Might sound picky, but judge 3 would have been me :D
I like the, but yesterday, yes, that did not get me, sorry. I

Someone knows why they suddenly go for 2a2t instead of 3t?

sandra_persch

Does anyone know what the training conditions are like at the different rinks? there are so many rumors and different Covid rules all over.

J

Jeschke

After the kinda medicore outings of the single skaters in Dortmund, at least the dancers in HUN were on fire.

Good score for JvR/S, even with his little twizzle mistakes. I like the new costumes. They had good power and speed and sold the heck outta that :respec:

Nice debut for Luft/Pfisterer. For a new team this looked decent. She is overemoting as always. No fan of her using this dress again and his hair. Based on her number of partner switches I hope this one will hold on a bit longer.

J

Jeschke

Does anyone know what the training conditions are like at the different rinks? there are so many rumors and different ********* rules all over.
Yeah I really wonder about that too.
Especially for all the foreign skaters at the rinks too.

sandra_persch

Yeah I really wonder about that too.
Especially for all the foreign skaters at the rinks too.
I am less worried about Oberstdorf. But there is already a petition to stop Erika Hess Stadium bec9ming a vaccination center

Felicitas

Auww, what happened to Nicole Schott at NRW Autumn Trophy? Is she Injured?
Really disapointing for the DEU Ladies, but I expected Isaev getting more points for her performance.
She went for everything she could, but there was no homescoring given.

Felicitas

Another chance to get Fentz on an international podium?

#FentzForPodium
#TheDreamIsAlive

Ok, ok...he was 2nd in this event a couple of years ago & also 2nd at Golden Bear.

I deleted the rest what she said about clean programs. But have a look on the Ice Dance in Budapest.
Extraordinary times, stay healthy!

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

So, 172.13 for JvR/S in Hugary. This is lower (of course) than M/D at home event but higher than M/D in their only international this season. Whatever fed makes outta it :D
I liked it. They looked more polished than last season and are on the right track 💪

140.23 for L/P. This was unfortunately not good. Seemed very cautious and slow, wobbly and insecure. The RD was good, but that FD needs a lot of work.

Felicitas

Yes, it was very slow and looking like hard work. The speaker introduced them as L/K(Asaf)
"Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil", and did'nt say sorry for this. 😐
JvR/S beeing lovely, it looked so easy. Seems to be the right decision to travel to Budapest for the second time this year.
Also there was a young, very promising pair G/S. They won the Advanced novices Icedance, that was not held in Dortmund. Everything was nice there. How they fit together, how they managed the elements.
Small mistake, but not to talk about.

Last edited:

Sunny231

sandra_persch

I wouldn't rely on that list. German Nationals are still listed as taking place in Hamburg and World Juniors as not cancelled, so this list obviously isn't up to date.
You would think they know their own competions, but this being in Germany you may very well be right.
OR they are turning it into a domestically open event only ie only German skaters / couples.

sandra_persch

German Nationals wont take place in Hamburg. They are looking to hold it in one of the National training centers instead

They hope to get approval to hold Nationals in Dortmund

Sabine-Yuna

Time schedule for German nationals in Dortmund is out
I would predict that Hase /Seegert will not be there and Janse v. Rendsburg/ Steffan will not go either.

Sabine-Yuna

Because H/S will not fix their problems in such a short period of time. And they probably don't wanna loose again. JvR/S avoid competing against M/D the whole season and have no chance to go to Europeans anyway (if it'll take place), so why should they compete against M/D on their home soil? I just guess they will not do it.

J

Jeschke

Because H/S will not fix their problems in such a short period of time. And they probably don't wanna loose again. JvR/S avoid competing against M/D the whole season and have no chance to go to Europeans anyway (if it'll take place), so why should they compete against M/D on their home soil? I just guess they will not do it.
In a season with almost no competitions, I doubt both teams will skip nationals due to the reasons mentioned above.
But we will see in 2 weeks :watch:

Last edited by a moderator:

sandra_persch

Auww, what happened to Nicole Schott at NRW Autumn Trophy? Is she Injured?
Really disapointing for the DEU Ladies, but I expected Isaev getting more points for her performance.
She went for everything she could, but there was no homescoring given.
Pairs skating fan club lists Schott as having withdrawn due to illness and Suleymanova due to injury.

Hope we get to see them both at Nationals!

sandra_persch

Novice and Junior Nationals are postponed / on hold until the situation has changed.
Current Lockdown measures make holding it in early January impossible

Die Corona-Schutzverordnung vom 30.11.2020 mit Gültigkeit ab 01.12.2020 macht eine Ausrichtung der DNM in der ersten Januarwoche 2021 unmöglich. Anfang Januar wird man den Verlauf des Lockdowns und die Situation neu bewerten.

English translation
The Corona Protection Ordinance of November 30, 2020, which is valid from December 1, 2020, makes it impossible to host the DNM in the first week of January 2021. At the beginning of January, the course of the lockdown and the situation will be reassessed

sandra_persch

Looks like Nationals got the go ahead. Now I hope the Saxony based skaters will not have to pull out due to travel restrictions / lockdown rules in their area

Sabine-Yuna

Efimova/Blommaert have been removed from entry list again. 😩
I was wondering how you could officially skate Nationals if you belong to a different federation. Maybe they have realized that this is not possible. If it would be I would suggest that Germany invites somme Russian C ladies and men every year to make Nationals more interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information