German Skating Season 2020-21

text_skate

taz today: precomp report NHT Oberstdorf / German skaters
https://taz.de/!5711654/

online for a week (until 29-09-20): Katharina Witt

J

Jeschke

Solid first day for #TeamD 🇩🇪
Good outing from the 'leaders' of the team.

Not much time left.
But kudos to german fed pulling this event.

I liked they held on to their strict plan; almost no audience, coaches with mask, plexi glass ,...

Whoever is responsible for the stream: sportdeutschland.tv and german fed, well done; this was one of the best free skating streams I can recall (quality). Also nice they tried to commentate; Schwendinger did a solid job there too.

Nice to see german fed finally found someone bringing fed's IG page to life too!

Quadjump

After yesterday German skating was a desaster today.

Nevertheless Hocke/Kunkel's Free skate is the best choreographed pairs skating Free skate without Aljons on the ice. You can clearly see her handwriting there anyway! All the little touches and the amount of hairtime for her.

Robert is still not capable of doing all those Bruno Massot-Lifts. He needs a lot of more practice.

Sabine-Yuna

After yesterday German skating was a desaster today.

Nevertheless Hocke/Kunkel's Free skate is the best choreographed pairs skating Free skate without Aljons on the ice. You can clearly see her handwriting there anyway! All the little touches and the amount of hairtime for her.

Robert is still not capable of doing all those Bruno Massot-Lifts. He needs a lot of more practice.
I like both of their programs. A shame about the mistakes in the FS. It seemed that all pairs had to deal a lot with the circumstances of preparing for this season.

J

Jeschke

This article mentions Isaev is switiching from Mannheim and Sczypa to Oberstdorf.
No word on new coach though. Might be the new center around Huth or is Dierking located in O now? as he was with her at Nebelhorn.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Great to see german fed is going for another competition! :respec:
I guess this one will be amongst those counting for #eurosrace too, based on the lack of challenger events this season and the wording of nominations criteria.

Another chance to get Fentz on an international podium?

#FentzForPodium
#TheDreamIsAlive

Ok, ok...he was 2nd in this event a couple of years ago & also 2nd at Golden Bear. Maybe the motto should be:

#TwoCleanPrograms

Last edited:

Felicitas

It's also an opportunity for the juniors to compete at international level?!
JGP:wuzrobbed
Two weeks later they will have nationals, also held in Dortmund.

J

Jeschke

Well I love Efimova and for her sake I hope this is working out.
Olympics'22 are obviously out of discussion for them.

On paper, they seem like a good fit, when on. We know about her jump and his lift issues. Maybe they can work it out.

It seems he always strives for the better, who can blame him here? But yeah, these constant switches seems weird for me too.

Nonetheless, if on, I like him a lot and hope this somehow works out.

They train in Oberstdorf. So he is either back to Wendes, Fajfr or now with Savchenko? Not too much options, or?

Last edited by a moderator:

Felicitas

Good vibes for Efimova in Oberstdorf. She won the NHT 2018 with her former partner Korovin.
I was impressed of their performance in FP.

Sabine-Yuna

Well I love Efimova and for her sake I hope this is working out.
Olympics'22 are obviously out of discussion for them.

On paper, they seem like a good fit, when on. We know about her jump and his lift issues. Maybe they can work it out.

It seems he always strives for the better, who can blame him here? But yeah, these constant switches seems weird for me too.

Nonetheless, if on, I like him a lot and hope this somehow works out.

They train in Oberstdorf. So he is either back to Wendes, Fajfr or now with Savchenko? Not too much options, or?
I don't think he could go back to Wendes after the split with Mari. I don't think Aljona would coach him. Hmm, not too many options there.

J

Jeschke

CS 🇭🇺
Dastich, Schott, Weinzierl
Janse van Rensburg/Steffan, Luft/Pfisterer, MĂĽller/Dieck

Junior Competition:
Hus, Steblyanka, Suleymanova

J

Jeschke

Re Efimova/Blommaert:
according to the new RUS release policy Efimova has to sit out until fall 2021 as she competed internationally at Grand Prix Series last season.

It seems pretty naive/optimistic to assume RUS fed would go for an earlier release when they set up the new regulations not long ago.

J

Jeschke

Sabine-Yuna

Update on the Euros qualification competitions:

Events counting:
  • Grand Prix / Grand Prix Final
  • Challenger Series
  • Volvo Cup
  • NRW Autumn Trophy

Complete 'Beschickungsliste' is found here:
Only coloured events are counting towards junior worlds qualification.
Not sure if Volvo Cup and Budapest will work. Budapest is named high risk, so I'm not sure if DEU will send athletes and Latvia has a 10 day quanatine, unless they have special rules for athletes.

J

Jeschke

Not sure if Volvo Cup and Budapest will work. Budapest is named high risk, so I'm not sure if DEU will send athletes and Latvia has a 10 day quanatine, unless they have special rules for athletes.
Agree about Budapest. I do wonder what happens here.
Well, the situation is so dynamic. I would not be surprised, if some events will get cancelled and others are added.
We just have to wait.

J

Jeschke

Grand Prix Entries are out.
As expected #TeamD was in the running for GP 🇫🇷 .

Men: ---
Ladies: Nicole Schott
Pairs: Hase/Seegert, Hocke/Kunkel
Ice Dance: Janse van Rensburg/Steffan

Ouch for Fentz. Lost to lil'Majorov.
Surprised JvR/S got the edge over M/D, but happy for them. Still one tba spot on the line, so there is hope.

J

Jeschke

So Koch/NĂĽchtern are listed as individuals in the team envelope. Not as a team anymore.
Typo, or...?

And what about Bock? :(

Maofan7

Away (Workload)
Schott’s post competition thoughts about Nebelhorn

“The training was good. I don’t know what happened. I wasn’t on top of the jumps at all. It’s an experience, but it’s not what I want, and not what I’m capable of.”

Last edited:

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
It happens.
In Russia, they use the terms "plus-start" and "minus-start".
The "plus-start"-competitor does better in competitions than in practice and the "minus-start"-competitor does worse in competitions tha in practice. But these tendencies are not stable.

Eislauffan

Schott and Luft/Pfisterer too as of today.

MĂĽller/Dieck only german teamn remaining in.

One of the German skaters, I don't remember who as I talked to most of them, told me that the German Fed won't send them to Budapest anymore as it is considered a high risk area. Not sure about MĂĽller/Dieck, they said they wanted to go, maybe they can go if they do it on their own risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information