German Skating Season 2020-21

cs.berlin

Let's hope this works out better than Aliona's last coaching gig :D

................. :yawn:

Incidentally, this has nothing to do with hope. Rather with the obtuseness of those who cannot or will not understand Alyona's attitude ... :D

However, Ms. Savchenko may have learned that it is pointless to try to help begging couples in need. Whose time has not only passed, but which also prove to be lazy and incapable.
Note: anyone who thinks they can cut a piece of the golden cake so cheaply knows nothing of a real friendship. Thanks for your attention.

Last edited:

LL22

Let's hope this works out better than Aliona's last coaching gig :D
Lol! Chris and Alexa looked the best they ever did With Aljona as far as their programs were concerned. Their elements, not so much.
I think they are just announcing that Aljona is now part of their team and their choreographer. They didn’t mention anything about splitting with their coaches from last year. They seem to have been back on the ice for a while already in Obersdorf with Aljona. They must be enjoying the experience and wanted to officially bring her on the team. Smart move, IMO. Aljona can bring something special to a team, if they can execute her vision. I’m a huge fan of her skating and coaching.

cs.berlin

They must be enjoying the experience and wanted to officially bring her on the team. Smart move, IMO.
Clear message from her: Work, work, work.

It should also be mentioned that the strict Alyona is resuming training with her two up-and-coming women's junior skaters - at the same time providing support in singles and pairs. So she seems to have a lot of plans - the B-coach licence is already in her pocket, and I wouldn't be surprised if she were to take up her diploma as national coach in the near future.

It's just that... sometimes I wonder if she (including the whole scene) has taken notice of the "New World Order" - dirtiest world politics was the last thing she was interested in so far (in this respect: rather gloomy future prospects ...)

Last edited:

cs.berlin

IG story in Russian and German language
Aljona had to straighten out the latest news and the excitement of some fans:

"Yesterday I read in some media and I was sent links to be the coach of the pair Annika Hocke and Robert Kunkel. I am not their coach. Joti Polizioakis and I just choreographed a new program for the pair, that's why we all worked intensively on it together in Oberstdorf. We will continue to help and support this pair on their program if possible."

As already mentioned, with a B-coach licence she can officially only act in a supportive capacity, the main responsibility remains with the national coaches until further notice (which doesn't mean she doesn't call the shots... :D)

It is clearly visible: no other young German pair has ever received so much support, which is quite justified. With all this, I wonder how our top pair is doing. Unfortunately, you don't hear anything about the two ...

Last edited:

LL22

IG story in Russian and German language
Aljona had to straighten out the latest news and the excitement of some fans:

"Yesterday I read in some media and I was sent links to be the coach of the pair Annika Hocke and Robert Kunkel. I am not their coach. Joti Polizioakis and I just choreographed a new program for the pair, that's why we all worked intensively on it together in Oberstdorf. We will continue to help and support this pair on their program if possible."

As already mentioned, with a B-coach licence she can officially only act in a supportive capacity, the main responsibility remains with the national coaches until further notice (which doesn't mean she doesn't call the shots... :D)

It is clearly visible: no other young German pair has ever received so much support, which is quite justified. With all this, I wonder how our top pair is doing. Unfortunately, you don't hear anything about the two ...

That makes sense. How nice of her to set the record straight!

Do Annika and Robert have any of the same coaches as Minerva and Nolan?

cs.berlin

Do Annika and Robert have any of the same coaches as Minerva and Nolan?
Given the small number of top staff at the coaches (Koenig, Rex, Oesterreich, as well as the technical coach Savin from Moscow) it is not surprising that both couples train more or less together as a team in the Berlin Forum Hohenschönhausen. They have been doing this for quite some time, together they form a more or less illustrious "pigsty", which is also based on mutual friendship among the pairs. They push each other in fair competition and together they secure the starting places. And for the time being it doesn't look like envy will play a bigger role ...

LL22

Given the small number of top staff at the coaches (Koenig, Rex, Oesterreich, as well as the technical coach Savin from Moscow) it is not surprising that both couples train more or less together as a team in the Berlin Forum Hohenschönhausen. They have been doing this for quite some time, together they form a more or less illustrious "pigsty", which is also based on mutual friendship among the pairs. They push each other in fair competition and together they secure the starting places. And for the time being it doesn't look like envy will play a bigger role ...
Thank you! That is what I thought, but I wasn’t sure. The girls always seem friendly and supportive of one another! I love Koenig! He is a caller too, I believe!

sus2850

................. :yawn:

Incidentally, this has nothing to do with hope. Rather with the obtuseness of those who cannot or will not understand Alyona's attitude ... :D

However, Ms. Savchenko may have learned that it is pointless to try to help begging couples in need. Whose time has not only passed, but which also prove to be lazy and incapable.
Note: anyone who thinks they can cut a piece of the golden cake so cheaply knows nothing of a real friendship. Thanks for your attention.

Calling a skater who suffers from depression lazy is really mean.

I am sure Chris‘ illness played a big part in that coaching situation not working out.

sus2850

A film team travels the long way from Berlin to Oberstdorf and this is what happens ...

I think it is a nice little feature, and they put quite some work into it. Sounds like it is made for young audiences but nicely done.

cs.berlin

Calling a skater who suffers from depression lazy is really mean.

I am sure Chris‘ illness played a big part in that coaching situation not working out.
Oh God, I also get depressed when I think back to the beautiful time in Oberstdorf and all the beautiful pictures of beautiful landscapes and happy cows. Let's face it, the chatter, insinuations and allusions didn't and still don't come from the people involved, but from the pack, which likes nothing better than to talk about others. Forget it.

cs.berlin

I think it is a nice little feature, and they put quite some work into it. Sounds like it is made for young audiences but nicely done.
So someone seems to know the target audience very well - how could I be so presumptuous as to expect something more substantial!
(I see ... that would be totally irresponsible)

Last edited:

cs.berlin

Radio interview with Alyona
The station from the southwest of Germany, which consistently invites "particularly interesting people" (based on an earlier title of the program that has been popular for many years) records the conversations visually as well:

Last edited:

cs.berlin

Two recent interviews by "Blossom on Ice" with Nicole Schott and Minerva Hase/Nolan Seegert, originally published in Russian:

"Nicole Schott: 'The whole German team is a member of the squad of athletes of the German armed forces.'"
Google Translate

"Minerva Fabienne Hase / Nolan Seegert: 'Moscow is just an amazing audience.'"
Google Translate

Last edited:

cs.berlin

I came across an article recently published in the Swiss "Neue Züricher Zeitung" that takes a deep look into the past of sport. To sum up, in the past the Games were pretty shitty and hypocritical, both on and off the stage, and were held especially on the backs of the athletes. The section on Sonia Henie and Marika Kilius / Hans Jürgen Bäumler refers to figure skating, at this point, however, rather in the opposite context of the article (the winners and losers among the active).
Google Translate

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Well, we joked about it last year,... :shuffle:
Lara Luft is on IcePartnerSearch.
Ouch, well the pair lasted longer than expected by some of us, but still, meh.
3rd girl gone for Schuster (after Orlova and Peterson).

I feel a bit bad for Wolf/Liebers who had good momentum and results but lost their trip to JW to Luft/Schuster.
Well, either way, GER fed has not too many skaters/talents, so let's hope she finds another partner.

cs.berlin

Lara Luft is on IcePartnerSearch.
Michelle Konov (they have the same coach) also looking for a new ice dancer?
(I recently had the impression, that she needed someone, who was more up to her "fire" ... she also has such a nice cheeky way, while the partner seems a little too boyish in my opinion)

PS, Talisa Thomalla is not listed, which hopefully does not mean that we will never see her again on the ice.

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Based on her IG story, Schott gave a sneak peek on one of her new programs:

Not sure the music is the actual music, but if:
It's Surf Mesa's 'ILY', a cover of Sinatra's 'I love you baby'

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

Müller/Dieck are getting a new RD.
Choreo by Matteo Zanni.

I like that move, I never was too fond of their Burlesque program.

cs.berlin

Oh, my goodness, I guess nobody expected this ...
H/K presented their new FS music.
What a spectacle! :D
(I think the long enema is clearly gathered, so that it fits in time and the shreds get going right away)

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

This is a good choice; I hope they go more with the energetic part of it.
Could be a good fit for Kunkel just on paper.
So this is the SP Savchenko/Polizoakis have done or are they switching the (intended) FS?

cs.berlin

At first I thought that "Ruelle" would be the FP, but they probably rehearsed the SP for this in Berlin, while the illustrious gang in Oberstdorf probably cooked up something special ... (hasn't König advertised that they need an audience? Since I don't have it too far, I would like to go there and see what the two couples are up to).

Last edited:

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Savchenko attempting a 3A
When Volosozhar interviewed her she asked whether Savchenko wants to come back as a single skater and represent Germany. Savchenko answered `what for?' because she doesn't have a quad and is not competitive without it. Could it mean she is coming back as a single? Please please pretty please?

marie1616

For me a step in the right direction compared to last season. I see them as a softer, more lyrical pair and their short programs worked well with that style.

J

Jeschke

Blommaert still practicing by his own. This really does not look good for those 2 :(

So, who will get the Nebelhorn entries?
With not too many 'big' events on the line, might get interesting especially for ladies.
Schott is safe, which 2 others?
Weinzierl, Isaev, Dastich, Hatakawa, Marold? 2 spots for 5 girls.
Based on recent content I would assume Bock and Helleken are outta race here.

Was there any monitoring like in former years? Or was all shut down this season?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information