German Skating News - Part 3

Kelvster

Tanja was my favourite skater as well. To this day, I struggle to find anyone that skates with as much pure joy as she did! It's unfortunate that her career was a relatively short one, but she achieved a lot nonetheless (medalling at Junior Worlds, Euros, Worlds, and participating in one Olympics). I am glad she found closure (it's very interesting that the soap opera gave her the chance / motivation to skate again!). Btw, I don't think Katarina Witt skated "perfectly" as Tanja claimed at 1994 Nationals :D ... but the pressure on her trying to qualify for the Olympics as a 16 year old must have been immense (especially with Marina Kielmann also breathing down her neck).

I didn't know about the GPF in 1997 taking place in Munich and the stories about her doctor being in the audience etc., All very touching! It was indeed an amazing skate. She even landed the 3flip, and managed to land most of the jumps on one foot!

I hope there will be a resurgence of the German ladiezzz soon.

J

Jeschke

Taking a look at the worlds entries...I fear I fear.:drama:

In the worst case we have 2 olympic pairs spots secured and that's it.

I really fear for Fentz making the final, Schott and Lorenz/Polizoakis are not a 100% given either. So fingers crossed :watch:

text_skate

I really fear for Fentz making the final, Schott and Lorenz/Polizoakis are not a 100% given either. So fingers crossed :watch:

Please no doubts! ALWAYS positive. Probably we should do some voodoo :saint:

skatingguy

decently

Looking at the entries and season's best scores I think Germany will get 2 Pairs & 1 Ladies, Ice Dance entries for the Olympics at Worlds. Fentz may have to go to Neblehorn to earn a spot.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.

Something very dark,
Is playin' with your mind,
It's not the end of days,
It just the bump and ride

Show a little more,
Show a little less,
Add a little smoke....

#GoTeamGermany :cheer:
#WiseWordsfromWeinzierl

Quadjump

Aliona seems to be more than ready, but hopefully Bruno overcomes his back problems til Worlds. After Europeans they will have another major competition without proper practice. I just cross my fingers that they can skate!
Back problems? What happened?

Catherine M

It does seem like everyone is giving pairs a shot (saw some guy from the Netherlands on IPS that trains in Berlin wanting a partner).

Maybe all those pair camps that have been held in Berlin are paying off and skaters are thinking "why not me?" as your chance of skating internationally does go up if you can form a decent pairs team.

Good luck to Alina & Ivan as they begin their partnership.

text_skate

Schwendinger/Wunderlich finished 10th in FS with PB and ended up in 10th overall :40beers:. Two spots next year for ID at Junior Worlds:cheer2:.

Link to FS (PB): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaVNVHN8RG4
Link to OD (PB): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgnHWXxZ2-A

I like the idea of their twizzles: one clockwise while the other one counter-clockwise and vice versa. The downside: they always look a bit messy, because they aren't in perfect synchro.

Kudos to the team for delivering only PBs!

Quadjump

Schwendinger/Wunderlich finished 10th in FS with PB and ended up in 10th overall :40beers:. Two spots next year for ID at Junior Worlds:cheer2:.

Link to FS (PB): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaVNVHN8RG4
Link to OD (PB): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgnHWXxZ2-A

I like the idea of their twizzles: one clockwise while the other one counter-clockwise and vice versa. The downside: they always look a bit messy, because they aren't in perfect synchro.

Kudos to the team for delivering only PBs!
Really good result. Congratulations.

Valentin´s costume ist one of the worst I have ever seen. I know it shall match the music structure. But sorry. If the costumes dominates the whole outward appearance and makes him look like an unsporty fat guy something is wrong.

text_skate

Top Ten for Dastich! Great tech, but I can't see any improvement in her skating, spins aren't good, but they probably have their levels.
She's kinda mixed bag. On spins she got one level 4 and two level 3. They are centered. She lacks speed, flexibility. She loses on GOE and PCS. On the other hand her BV is one of the highest, actually 3rd. Could be lot of potential

I'm happy for her: clean performance and PB. Link to FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVYPAkXgDcI
AND: she earned two spots for next year :respec:

J

Jeschke

It's great, that Dastich could keep her momentum until junior worlds.

I am on the same boat, I can't see any improvement in her overall skating. With tons of luck at the right challengers next season, she might be in the game for the spots, but if all goes the normal route, Schott/Weinzierl should be slaying her almost even with a tech 10pts gap. The pcs difference is too big still.

But as of today, big cheers to Lea for having that skate, finishing 8th and getting us more spots for jgp and junior worlds.!
Great! What a season end it is for her!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabine-Yuna

She's kinda mixed bag. On spins she got one level 4 and two level 3. They are centered. She lacks speed, flexibility. She loses on GOE and PCS. On the other hand her BV is one of the highest, actually 3rd. Could be lot of potential

I'm happy for her: clean performance and PB. Link to FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVYPAkXgDcI
AND: she earned two spots for next year :respec:
Dastich really has great potential in her jumps, but you probably need the whole package to rise up. At this moment she is saving a lot of power in not doing great steps, spins, choreography and interpretation and spends this energy in her jumps. Let's see how it'll work if she will do the rest too. Figure skating is not just jumps. But she definetly is way the best junior skater Germany has to offer. I don't see anyone who should acompany her next year at junior worlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information