Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by sandra_persch, Dec 15, 2015.
I think it's a god choice. They seem nice together. I hope they can do well.
LOL that quote was priceless. , lets hope the GF actually learns how to be flexible in the long run.
shamed be he who thinks evil of it !
I take it his girlfriend thinks that Hocke, at 16, is too young to be a potential threat to their relationship.
Sad for the athletes but better safe than sorry. This is the right decision.
After SP at Bavarian Open in Junior Pairs Lena KREITMEIER / Anton KEMPF are sitting in 9th (last) with 36.20 points. I somehow expected more … although I know, they're really new to pair skating, and a new pair anyhow.
Any on site reports? @Jeschke probably
What I have heard from people who have seen it, their twist is questionable, but at least they have got it. Their lifts are the same (not good). The scoring at Bavarian is huge (as always). So I wouldn't expect too much of them either. Their sbs jump was only double.
That's great news about Mari getting a new partner as I found her dumping by Ruben to be well kinda suspect.
Never heard of Matti Landgraf before but the last guy to get off of a cruise ship, Tim LeDuc has done quite well so you never know.
Good luck to Mari & Matti as they begin their partnership!
Nice to hear about Mari's new partner. What's the source of the news?
Here is a article in German (use google translate) in Freie Presse, Chemnitz, his hometown: The adventures of a world-class figure skating
Around last Christmas he was in Chemnitz, says he has a new contract on a ship in January. He ended his professional skating career in spring 2013, because of injuries. He skated singles and later for a couple of years in pairs with Linda Wetzig (junior world championships in 2012, ISU biography)
Someone who was named after Matti Nykänen cannot be a bad person and partner. Looking forward to this partnership!
Matti has a german passport, so after all, we can expect an epic battle for the 2nd spot at least
(how could i forget about him? )
Matti has a good look (i will not comment on his current platinum blonde ) and was decent back then. If decent is enough now, I doubt, but if he's into and diva mari will kick his ass, this could work!
Do we have an official confirmation?
sorry, i can be of no help; missed the junior pairs, but judging on the protocol
Why did Müller/Dieck pull out of Bavarian Open? They were on the entry list a couples of days ago. Does anybody know?
Now I gotta glimpse on them on off-ice practice.
They look kinda mismatched; she looks really reall young, but maybe with make up and costumes they look better together.
He looks way better than on tv ( ) but his arms are as muscular as mine...
So let's wait and see how they develop. I will miss the free as it is scheduled 8am tomorrow
Oh, great sbs 3loop on blommaerts instagram.
(private, so can not share)
the battle is on
So, according to this article, Mari Vartmann / Matti Landgraf are confirmed!
They will be coached by Maylin and Daniel Wende. He-Wende confirmed that Matti agreed to skate with Mari. His contract on the cruise ship is until the end of March. He got a one-year-break by his cruiseship for the fight for olympics.
So seems like this is a 1-year-deal, which hopefully brings Mari finally to the olympics.
Thanks for the confirmation about Mari & Matti, @Jeschke. I'm very glad that she at least has a chance to make a run at the Olympic team---bet ole Ruben didn't expect that .
And with Matti getting off the cruise ship in late March, should have plenty of time to get ready for the new season.
you could be right
even i thought there is no german guy out there for her. foolish me. foolish foolish!
Plenty? When qualification for olympics are in december and h/b are already skating? not plenty, but better than nothing. hope dies last!
I'm in a very good mood today--beginning of Mardi Gras Holiday for me--so of course I think 9 months is "plenty" of time.
Every team that gets together comes together at a different rate so hopefully Mari & Matti will be one of the lucky ones and come December it will be all good.
So if get it right, they just want to skate til the Olympics. He can probably get better deals as a show skater if he has participated at the Olympics. And it's less than a year. So this is a short period of time every partner has made it with queen Mari. So good luck!
I am hoping that queen Mari will make it to Olympics too. She's too good a skater to miss out so many times.
I am beginning to wonder why the German fed are sending the German no.3s (sorry, their names escape me) to Helsinki. Without them competing, the Germans may JUST have a chance of securing 3 spots (it's a lot to ask of S/M, but it's not impossible).
They should definitely leave them at home.
Very interesting: Germans screwed it up for the last two Olympics. They could have earned three spots, but first Hausch/ Wende failed and then Vartmann/ van Cleave. If they wouldn't have gone to Worlds before the Olympics Vartmann could have had two olympic events. I wonder what they will do this time. I would say no second German pair would be the safest.
Stop demanding H/S to stay at home of worlds!
Germad fed did not send them once, that was enough. They stayed together, where other pairs split, they met the criteria, so they deserve to go!
Let them skate; if they somehow manage the final it is great for them, as they can build some momentum towards ger3 and ger4. if not, it's more harm to themselves as german fed will not hesitate to drop them.
no one did see either v/l nor h/b on ice, so we have no clue, if there is need for a 3rd spot! (of course i want mari )
question above all will be if ger#2#3#4 will meet the criteria for olympics. if even weinzierl failed for sochi (and was graciously send), it's not a given they can achieve it all.
Couple of days ago this videos (fan cam, ok quality) were posted on youtube, just in case someone is curious how they performed
Lorenz/Polizoakis SD 2017 Bavarian Open
Lorenz/Polizoakis FD 2017 Bavarian Open
There is a nice article on N. Weinzierl in DM-Magazin Alverde. You can get it free in every DM store.
Maria Herceg finally went for 3t3t again at tyrol sp
I am ignoring the fact she splatted the attempt, doubled the loop, splatted in the steps and 3-turned the axel after that
either way - i hope she is fix now with schindler and gets her shit together next season!
Todays episode of 'Ewige Helden' (Eternal heroes) was about Tanja Szewczenko.
'Ewige Helden' is a TV show, where 8 former athletes compete against each other and present/review their sports career to the others. This is the 2nd season, the 1st one was won by Frank Busemann (Track and Field). The other contestants this season are Fanny Cihlar (Field Hockey), Silke Kraushaar-Pielach (Luge), Evi Sachenbacher-Stehle (Cross Country Skiing/Biathlon), Julius Brink (Beachvolleyball), Fabian Hambüchen (Gymnastics), Björn Otto (Track and Field), Nils Schumann (Track and Field).
Tanja is the one, whose sports career (retired 2000) is with 17years ago the most far away of all of them. All other athletes are Olympic medalists (all one gold at least, Björn Otto silver).
Summary of Tanjas recap of her career:
- got her first skates with 2yrs
- big support by her family
- importance of her grandfather, who was with her at every competition and taped them (until his death)
- thanks to her mother who worked as a taxidriver and additionally as a cleaning lady to support tanja skating (single-mom)
- blaming german fed of less suport in bad times
- early success as a junior lady
- junior worlds bronze '93
- German nationals '94 as one of her best/most important competitions; as Katatrina Witt skated flawless right before her and it was lots of pressure for makig the olympic team. Tanja won nationals with one of her 2 best career performances.
- excitement of first olympics as a 16yrs old
- talking about the crash in the practice with Oksana Baiul and her will to skate afterwards
- Worlds Bronze '94
- talk about her illness which brought her close to death (two strange viral infections combined took her immune system down)
- weekly trips to her doctor in munich, 20 pills a day - no thoughts of skating back then
- comeback season '17/18
- describes the champions series finale in munich '97 as the skate of her life. it meant a lot to her skating it in munich, where the doctor who saved her life was located; he was in the audience too.
(side note: love the fact, how the camera guy zoomed to the german judge who dared to give 5,6 and 5,7 where all other judges scored 5,8 and 5,9 - heavy booing blaming of the german judge by german commentary, camera zoom of the evil judge - those were the times )
- Setback in withdrawing from Nagano due to illness again, followed by another round of therapy
- wanted to continue her career, but her body did not want to
- flashes of her '99 and '00 appearances where she finished 3rd at nationals and failed to make the team. this was the end of her sports career. (such a sad imagine, seeing someone ending her career with such a sad knc)
- Tanja mentions she wanted to end on a high note, but there was too much love for the sport, so she had to go on, though knowing she could not skate that well anymore.
- mentions that getting the contract for the tv show (where she played a figure skater) gave her a good final closing chapter to her skating, as for the first time since 6yrs she went back on skates and started practicing again.she said, she had all jumps back for the show, so she could finally make peace with herself.
- the episode started showing her and her husband (stilly very hot ) norman jeschke and their little daughter.
- right now she is ranked 7th in the 'Ewige Helden' race.
Tanja was the reason i started watching skating, so she'll always has a special place in my heart.
Here's to the memory the skate of her life: