German Skating News - Part 3

J

Jeschke

So,

season started with 4 dance teams in Germany.

Hoffmann never showed up as a dancer - quit
Urban/Lerche, only world tes right now - split
Urban - partnersearch
Nelli - partnersearch (really?)

So we are down to L/P and D/M right now. Both show promise. Koch/Nüchtern back in training...let's see how this will all develop.

Are there any German dance guys still out there? Bjelde, switch? ;)

J

Jeschke

At least some good news today;

Koch/Nüchtern will debut actually this season at Bavarian Open.
Herceg is set for the Seniors event, too!

J

Jeschke

Where are Schott, Bock and Dastich I wonder. Not listed for SAS Regionals either.

Bock has had lots of competitions this season; she better gets her time to get in form for worlds (hopefully) and junior worlds.

Schott, guess her season has finished in Torun? to be honest I thought to see her in the entries here, but.....:drama:

sandra_persch

Argg not a great day for Bock. Hope she doesn't let that take her down. Can someone please get that girl a real coach in her hometown and a mental coach too. I am getting the impression she doesn't have the right kind of team.

Wonder if the german fed will still send her to Junior Worlds or will have a skate off between her and Dastich at Bavarian Open. Kinda interesting to see that the 2nd place finisher from the Junior Worlds qualifier is competing at the Junior Olympics so there must be other plans for Dastich.

J

Jeschke

Drama in German Fed goes on.
(@alchemy void )

Weinzierl is no official member of Team Germany in Bratsilava, as she did not attend a team meeting the evening before her short program. Some people were informed by her, but seems like not enough, and some officials cut her off the team for Euros.
(whatever that may be, if she was allowed to start)
Her practice this morning was 5:30am.
She just got a short press release on her homepage, more to come after the free.

Hell, now I am rooting even more for her. Got ditched and then rocked the house. And tomorrow Mrs. Feeling Good will secure da 2nd spot!!!!
#goweinzierl :cheer2:

J

Jeschke

Argg not a great day for Bock. Hope she doesn't let that take her down. Can someone please get that girl a real coach in her hometown and a mental coach too. I am getting the impression she doesn't have the right kind of team.

Wonder if the german fed will still send her to Junior Worlds or will have a skate off between her and Dastich at Bavarian Open. Kinda interesting to see that the 2nd place finisher from the Junior Worlds qualifier is competing at the Junior Olympics so there must be other plans for Dastich.

hopefully not; this was a silly combo mistake, bock would have easily made the finally. she deserves to go to junior worlds.i hated to see her that sad today.

once more pretty in pink please.

but totally agree on the coaching issue.

J

Jeschke

(@alchemy void )

Weinzierl is no official member of Team Germany in Bratsilava, as she did not attend a team meeting the evening before her short program. Some people were informed by her, but seems like not enough, and some officials cut her off the team for Euros.
She just got a short press release on her homepage, more to come after the free.

Hell, now I am rooting even more for her. Got ditched and then rocked the house. And tomorrow Mrs. Feeling Good will secure da 2nd spot!!!!

and Weinzierl is back in the team as new press release occured. fed commitee put her back and said that the decision could not have been made by this one single person (as it has happened); they kinda took the blame for the young represantive who made the mistake and ordered weinzierl to give her team jackets back.

german drama at its best, muhahaha.

#goweinzierl

text_skate

A good day for Weinzierl, particularly with that sanctions on and off drama. What is wrong with the German fed? According to German sports news agency SID the fed sanctioned her for not being at a team meeting link Handelsblatt - a reaction from another century. After her performance today the fed de-sanctioned her link Handelblatt (SID). It's not specified why the sanctions off, now. Head of fed is blaming an underling for harsh reaction.

Sanction in this case: start as a non-member of team, giving back team clothing (she wore her Olympic ones)

It's quite unbelievable.

According to news from today she told Ilona Schindler that she wouldn't attend the team meeting, but not the head of mission.

Does anybody have first hand information? The fed looks so entirely unprofessional, not knowing what each official is up to.

Edit: Composing my posts takes quite some time - always :rolleyes:, so almost same content.

Last edited:

sandra_persch

and Weinzierl is back in the team as new press release occured. fed commitee put her back and said that the decision could not have been made by this one single person (as it has happened); they kinda took the blame for the young represantive who made the mistake and ordered weinzierl to give her team jackets back.

#goweinzierl

Clearly someone got his knickers in a twist because she didn't sign off with him and only with the team leader :p there was a correction published by her earlier today on facebook but it has now been removed.
Way to psyche out the skaters before a competition. I fully blame Lutricias off skate on the same official too, he probably made so much fuss about it that the poor girl was shaking :p

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.

#goweinzierl

Finally! I grant you membership to #TeanWeinzierl :cheer:

Robin26

(@alchemy void )

The whole situation is bizarre. Everyone will make believe it was someone else's fault.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
:cheer2: I hope they shock the whole skating world with their skates here, a silver medal (at the least) is extremely doable.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
The good news is, Lorenz/Polizoakis got the SD Worlds TES minimums at Euros.

The bad news is that Mueller/Dieck did not, and they missed qualifying for the FD by three places. It won't be easy for L/P, in 13th after the SD, to finish Top 10, which they'd need to keep two spots for 2017 Euros.

figureskatingforlife

Amazing skate by Lorenz Polizoakis. They seem to get stronger with every competition. I watched on Russian TV and Tarasova was very impressed. She couldn't stop talking positively.

I'm sad for Bock. Such a talent. The federation needs to support her. Send her to Orser or somwhere. She ha huge potential.

Excited for the Pairs event!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information