German Skating News 2018/19

sanni

The last days Joti was part of the german national junior and novice camp in Dortmund. He was coach/mentor for expression and dance.

sanni

Do you know more about the camp? Who was invited?

I saw it on the schedule from the DEU. There it is called “components and athletic course” for all disciplines. On Instagram Joti posted two pictures. I don’t know if that are alle members of the camp.

Sabine-Yuna

I saw it on the schedule from the DEU. There it is called “components and athletic course” for all disciplines. On Instagram Joti posted two pictures. I don’t know if that are alle members of the camp.
Seemed to be a wild mix of single skaters, pair skaters and ice dancers. I recognised Stefano Schuster and Lara Luft at the picture, maybe a new pairing...

text_skate

Annika Hocke and Ruben Blommaert have ended their partnership. He announced it on Instagram
He says they found no training rhythm after the difficult begin of the season with injuries and illnesses
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwSXGxbnN8b/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1arsorqi5nqa1
It's not really a surprise, because the body language and other things were different from last season. Anyhow, during the last 2 competitions I had my hopes up again, they'll stay together. I did like them, and think they showed promise.

As of Ruben's post, I gather Annika broke up, and he will think about his future.

Annika is imo a good pair's skater. Anyone?

Sylvia

TBD
Annika Hocke and Ruben Blommaert have ended their partnership. He announced it on Instagram
He says they found no training rhythm after the difficult begin of the season with injuries and illnesses
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwSXGxbnN8b/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1arsorqi5nqa1
Is the Google translation of Blommaert's IG post more-or-less accurate?
After this season, which started with illness and injuries already very difficult, we unfortunately had to come to the conclusion that Annika and my joint sports career has no future. I'm sad to tell you, but I respect her decision and wish her all the best. Looking back, we have learned a lot in this short time and have started very successfully in our first season. The reward for our hard training was the participation in the Olympic Games in Pyeongchang with which my biggest dream came true! After the difficult start to the past season, we found no training routine. Consequently, the results in the competition were also worse than hoped. Nevertheless, in my opinion, we had a good degree in Japan and I am proud of what we have achieved together.
In the next 6 weeks, I will first complete my training with the German Armed Forces and am still curious about what opportunities will arise in my sporting career yet.
Now I would like to thank all those who supported us in these two eventful years!

Quadjump

To me there is no way to create a longtime partnership with Ruben...
Annika needs a new strong partner otherwise her career has come to a close.

I expect Alexander König to feel that happen long before. His body language was disappointing all season long.

From three competitive pairs just one is left. Maybe the least talented one. Minerva and Nolan faught themselves through the long path.

Last edited:

Kelvster

I love Annika's presence on the ice! And who would have thought that they would make it to the finals in pyeongchang!

Minerva and Nolan are v elegant. Hope they continue to develop

marie1616

Annika and Robert teaming up sounds like a good option as Talisa has problems with the jumps and is a lot younger.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
J

Jeschke

Being 3 weeks away, coming back and german fed is the same mess as usual.
No word about worlds or Hocke/Blommaert split at all on the fed's page. Seriously? :wall:

About H/B, of course I am biased, still it's a shame it did not work out. They looked promising in their first year, so my patriotic heart is sad, but yeah, that's it.

I have no clue who might be out there available for Hocke; I can't see her seriously considering Kunkel.
Funnily, T/K are now in a position maybe going to Euros and Worlds in their 1st senior year ( if she gets healthy again), surprise surprise. I always had a soft spot for them, so I hope they won't split (I have had a bad feeling through the entire season) and can develop.

I hope the fed got the wake up call finally, something needs to change drastically.

Sabine-Yuna

Being 3 weeks away, coming back and german fed is the same mess as usual.
No word about worlds or Hocke/Blommaert split at all on the fed's page. Seriously? :wall:

About H/B, of course I am biased, still it's a shame it did not work out. They looked promising in their first year, so my patriotic heart is sad, but yeah, that's it.

I have no clue who might be out there available for Hocke; I can't see her seriously considering Kunkel.
Funnily, T/K are now in a position maybe going to Euros and Worlds in their 1st senior year ( if she gets healthy again), surprise surprise. I always had a soft spot for them, so I hope they won't split (I have had a bad feeling through the entire season) and can develop.

I hope the fed got the wake up call finally, something needs to change drastically.
This fed will probably never wake up. Doing nothing as usual.
I just don't get it, if you have someone like Blommaert who has caused problems with all of his partners and you still don't care when you can even see the problems on the ice (like last season with Hocke/ Blommaert). Everyone could see, something is wrong, except the coaches and fed:scream: This is no professional work at all!
And please don't send T/K to Euros and Worlds (if they can manage the technical score). They skate worse than most junior pairs and don't belong to senior yet. They couldn't even manage to survive at the junior stage. I don't think it would be a good idea to throw them into seniors. This would probably not help them develop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information