German Skating News 2018/19

Laney

She left it again? For the...3rd time? 4th? I've lost count since I stopped watching it ages ago because it sucks so much :lol:
I have no clue if she has left more than once before, I don't watch it. But I follow her on Facebook and she posted it there that she'll leave now.

Laney

55€ ticket costs for seeing them skate. One day before christmas. German fed knows how to fill the ranks :rolleyes:
Nationals are in my hometown, but even I am not sure going and paying this for seeing actually 5 decent performances, if at all.
I also don't live far away but I won't go. Too expansive and boring :blah:

J

Jeschke

Wasn’t there a rule that you are only allowed to skate junior OR senior nationals?
Wouldn't be surprised if german fed ditched this rule to fill the entries.
Though all junior boys with 3a are missing in men. So...:huh:

Speaking of junior men. Where is Droysen all season? :huh:

Golden1

Oh, and I thought Joti's big news would be about coming back to competing with a new partner. :rolleyes: Does anyone know more about that? And did we ever learn the reason for Kavita's decision of ending her career?

sandra_persch

Wasn’t there a rule that you are only allowed to skate junior OR senior nationals?

I thought they ditched that last season. They needed to do Junior if they aim to qualify for Junior worlds and can do Senior if they think its time to move up.

J

Jeschke

Is Alina Mayer-Virtanen competing this year?? I like her skating :D
Only time she was seen this season was at the boards.
But usually, she showed up for nationals and maybe 1,2 small competitions later. So I wouldn't count it out completely, though I think she moved on.

Last edited by a moderator:

figureskatingforlife

German version of Dancing on Ice:
https://www.ok-magazin.de/entertain...nd-die-kandidaten-und-ihre-partner-54929.html

As already mentioned, Joti is taking part.
The other skaters are: Annette Dytrt, Amani Fancy, Matti Landgraf, David Vincour, Kat Rybkowski, Alexander Gazsi, Myriam Leuenberger.

The most scandalous thing is: why is Vartmann not there? :drama::rofl:
I think Zhiganshina would have been nice too.

Oh wow that is cool. The professional cast to me sounds convincing.
Zhiganshina & Vartmann: have you ever heard them speak? You'd fall asleep. Not saying they're boring but i can see why they would not be a fit.
BUT i am glad to see Joti on TV. That will be cool. Just hoping that this won't influence him to retire or something...

J

Jeschke

I heard that Droysen has decided to end his career. :(
Ah no :wuzrobbed
He looked the most promising of the juniors for me (overall skating); but his jumps were a mess.
I feared, but hoped as he was listed as sub for jgp :drama:

J

Jeschke

🇩🇪 #EurosRace Update

Men
345,08 Thomas Stoll (CS AUT 183,82; CS EST 161,26) 1
324,50 Catalin Dimitrescu (CS AUT 169,12; CS EST 155,38) 2
220,57 Paul Fentz (GP RUS 220,57 ) 2

Ladies (2 spots)
296,11 Nathalie Weinzierl (CS GER 157,45; CS ITA 138,66) 2
154,83 Nicole Schott (CS EST 154,83) 2
123,87 Lutricia Bock (CS FIN 123,87) 1
123,84 Alissa Scheidt (CS AUT 123,84 ) 2

Pairs (2 spots)
323,71 Minerva Fabienne Hase / Nolan Seegert (GP USA 162,10; CS GER 161,61) 2
144,53 Annika Hocke / Ruben Blommaert (GP USA 144,53) 2

Ice Dance
305,26 Katharina Müller / Tim Dieck (GP USA 158,11 ; CS GER 147,15) 2
305,00 Jennifer Urban / Benjamin Steffan (CS EST 154,27; CS GER 150,73) 1
301,62 Shari Koch / Christian Nüchtern (CS GER 152,68; CS AUT 148,94) 2

J

Jeschke

Koch/Nüchtern are leading at Bosphorus Cup after RD with almost 68pts (Evdokimova/Bazin behind them!)
That's a score they would need at their next challenger for the #eurosrace! :D

J

Jeschke

🇩🇪 #JuniorRace Update

Junior Men
333,32 Nikita Starostin (Tallinn Trophy 172,37; Inge Solar Memorial 160,95)
301,00 Denis Gurdzhi (Inge Solar Memorial 152,29 ; Christmas Cup 148,71)
297,78 Kai Jagoda (Halloween Cup 150,59; Volvo Cup 147,19)
286,25 Jonathan Hess (JGP AUT 161,51; JGP CZE 124,74)
251,84 Louis Weissert (Christmas Cup 129,66; Inge Solar Memorial 122,18)
229,54 Tim England (Prague Riedell Ice Cup 123,72; Halloween Cup 105,81)
152,92 Florian Paschke (Volvo Cup 152,92)
139,99 Daniel Sapozhnikov (Volvo Cup 139,99)
97,22 Nicos Jaron Martick (Prague Riedell Ice Cup 97,22)

Junior Ladies (2 spots)
235,50 Ann-Christin Marold (Skate Celje 136,99; JGP CZE 98,51)
215,32 Carolin Hess (Inge Solar Memorial 114,15; Halloween Cup 101,17)
114,23 Anastasia Steblyanka (Inge Solar Memorial 114,23)
113,82 Linn Jörgensen (Inge Solar Memorial 113,82)
104,16 Tiffany Klaunig (Golden Bear 104,16)
89,37 Lea Schwamberger (Prague Riedell Ice Cup 89,37)
86,01 Romy Schallert (Inge Solar Memorial 86,01)

Junior Pairs
235,78 Talisa Thomalla / Robert Kunkel (JGP AUT 119,54; JGP CZE 116,24)
109,23 Letizia Roscher / Luis Schuster (Prague Riedell Ice Cup 109,23)

Junior Ice Dance (2 spots)
270,21 Charise Matthaei / Maximilian Pfisterer Pavel Roman Memorial 137,04; Halloween Cup 133,17)
243,45 Lara Luft / Asaf Kazimov (Volvo Cup 127,72; JGP LTU 115,73)
241,71 Amanda Peterson / Stephano Valentino Schuster (Halloween Cup 123,47; JGP SVK 118,24)
235,19 Anne-Marie Wolf / Max Lieber (Pavel Roman Memorial 118,59; JGP CZE 116,60)
101,31 Lilia Schubert / Kieren Wagner (Pavel Roman Memorial 101,31)
99,70 Julia Albrecht / Kai Hofrichter (Volvo Cup 99,70)
78,46 Diana Kist / Sergej Gross (Volvo Cup 78,46)
75,06 Annabel Habermann / Leon Wagner (Volvo Cup 75,06)

When I first read that, I couldn’t believe it. It’s a sad loss, way too young. He will surely be missed whether it be by his loved ones, students or fans.
He did a great job with Aljona and Bruno and Kieffer/Zieglers win speeks for itself. Rip.

J

Jeschke

Weinzierl does, what she does best: WD from CS in Zagreb :blah:
Seriously, what's going on here?

Good question!

Schott‘s injury would have been a chance for Weinzierl to catch up.
Instead...

When it comes to nationals, may I ask why exactly you are sceptical in terms of Marold, @Jeschke?

Sad as it is total scores at nationals often start with 10-,.. something and Marolds personal best would have put her on to the podium in some year.

Not that I particularly disagree about her having no real chances to carry off the title.

But I can see why a trainer might consider starting her seniors.

IMO she has been looking promising for quite a while.

From her body type fs suits her well, I guess and there were some articles from local newspapers about her very own will to skate and what sacrifices she and the family had to make due to their location in eastern Bavaria, where there is not much of a fs infrastructure.

Undeniably she struggled competing in JGP. Maybe growth? Maybe nerves? Maybe the training situation?

But if I recall that correctly, she has pretty much a whole set of triples, plus she is ambitious and has potential regarding PCS.
I‘m not an insider, so I‘m not aware if there are any better bets among the young talents, but surely they don’t come by the dozens.

The next step for her could be building up some competition hardness.

They might want to use nationals to train skating under higher pressure.

Or bring her into play pairs-wise? Like it went with Hocke? Though, the move to Linz doesn‘t sound anything like pairs, does it?

J

Jeschke

When it comes to nationals, may I ask why exactly you are sceptical in terms of Marold, @Jeschke?
It's not about being sceptical in terms of Marold (though her underrotations and ongoing puberty leaves me more than sceptical), it's about the history of german fed pushing youngsters way too early into the senior scene.

I agree that based on her scores Marold can easily skate nationals and with some luck and a good caller even manage to grab the bronze somehow.
If the move was done by her and her coaching team, I am okay with it, still don't think it's a good move.

If she participates because fed inteded it I am still :wall:

Marold is like lots of other juniors before: good jumps (with somehow worrisome technique) but lacking a lot in overall skating. Focus should imho be to work here instead of throwing her into the senior field, with luck grabbing a medal and thinking that way is the right one.

J

Jeschke

Schott 55,44pts (9th) and Scheidt 51,91pts (11th) very close in Zagreb.

Waiting for detailed scores, but somehow new judging system does not work for Schott with her scratchy landings :drama:
Will be a nailbiter to get in Top8 for WS points overall :watch:

Scheidt made a great step forward this season (in SP at least); she became quite decent and is getting good scores. So work girl and get at least a secure 3rd triple!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information