German Skating News 2018/19

text_skate

Hope Alex König can help them, fix their issues whatever they are. Annika's the bitchy face ... my fears :yikes:
Ruben was somehow distant

Sabine-Yuna

He's just coming back from a major injury. Give it a little time.
Well I wouldn't call a cut in your foot a major injury. He just looks so unmotivated. He is not even fighting for a single element. That's really worrisome. A lot of pairs have some problems at this moment, but I haven't seen anyone just letting it go and not fight.

RoseRed

Well I wouldn't call a cut in your foot a major injury. He just looks so unmotivated. He is not even fighting for a single element. That's really worrisome. A lot of pairs have some problems at this moment, but I haven't seen anyone just letting it go and not fight.
He was off the ice on crutches and apparently was only able to start jumping again a week ago, so yeah, that's going to have an affect.

Sabine-Yuna

He was off the ice on crutches and apparently was only able to start jumping again a week ago, so yeah, that's going to have an affect.
As far as I know he is back on the ice for a couple of weeks. If you are totally not ready you don't go. But he was there at the Grand Prix and as I mentioned the biggest problem seems to be his mindset.

Quadjump

What a rough skate for H/B. He was injured but I did not expect them to skate that defectively. She almost could not hold her fire back in the Kiss and Cry because of his lifts today.

So kind to hear König praising the Axel and the second throw.

J

Jeschke

Please German Fed get Hocke a new partner! Blommaert obviously doesn't want to do his job anymore.
Even though this statement was kinda overdramatic (which is usually my department :D), I really have a no-good-feeling either.

Apart from the actual skate (and the letting go) the KnC seemed very worrisome for me. The entire interaction was kinda :shuffle: Hocke seems to have grown too.
(As much as I loved Vartmann and will always be :angryfire) I don't want H/B to split, but it's not like Blommaert has no history in ditching his partners when it's getting rough.

Stay tuned :watch:

J

Jeschke

Hess finished 4th in his senior debut in Budapest. Great he gets WS points, his scores of 159,49pts was :shuffle: though.
Koch/Nüchtern grabbing bronze 155,58pts, Urban/Steffan came in 5th (151,89pts).

The junior situation looks totally worrisome, Jagoda with gorgeous 3a and nothing else.

#juniorrace standings:

Junior Men
322,37 Nikita Starostin (NRW Summer Trophy 163,39; JGP SLO 158,98)
306,22 Jonathan Hess (JGP AUT 161,51; NRW Summer Trophy 144,71)
301,25 Denis Gurdzhi (NRW Summer Trophy 155,19; JGP SVK 146,06)
283,39 Kai Jagoda (Halloween Cup 150,59; JGP LTU 132,80)
139,63 Daniel Sapoznikov (NRW Summer Trophy 139,63)
138,83 Louis Weissert (NRW Summer Trophy 138,83)
134,53 Florian Paschke (NRW Summer Trophy 134,53)
125,28 Maxim Knorr (NRW Summer Trophy 125,28)
105,81 Tim England (Halloween Cup 105,81)

Junior Ladies
202,98 Carolin Hess (NRW Summer Trophy 101,81; Halloween Cup 101,17)
115,49 Elodie Eudine (NRW Summer Trophy 115,49)
98,51 Ann-Christin Marold (JGP CZE 98,51)

Junior Pairs
235,78 Talisa Thomalla / Robert Kunkel (JGP AUT 119,54; JGP CZE 116,24)

Junior Ice Dance
255,89 Charise Matthaei / Maximilian Pfisterer (Halloween Cup 133,17; JGP SLO 122,72)
247,12 Lara Luft / Asaf Kazimov (NRW Summer Trophy 131,39; JGP LTU 115,73)
241,71 Amanda Peterson / Stephano Valentino Schuster (Halloween Cup 123,47; JGP SVK 118,24)
233,02 Anne-Marie Wolf / Max Lieber (JGP CZE 116,60; Halloween Cup 116,42)
90,14 Lilia Schubert / Kieren Wagner (NRW Summer Trophy 90,14)
82,37 Diana Kist / Sergey Gross (NRW Summer Trophy 82,37)

Last edited by a moderator:

Maryland25

To be fair, Annabelle grew and didn’t really have the enthusiasm for pairs.

Yes she grew but she was actually willing to find a new partner. All I know is that i was pretty surprised in a bad way how bad Ruben was talking about Annabelle. In my opinion if people start to talk nasty about their expartners they have something to hide. I also heard that none of the excoaches of ruben never want him to coach again. I don’t know why but heard rumors about that

insideedgeua

I only met Annabelle a couple of times but I am told she is very sweet. I have met Ruben more often and he has never been anything but charming and very friendly.

I have family members that know him better than I do though and they’ve never heard him talk about ex partners.

I’m not saying it hasn’t happened, just that we sometimes see different sides of people.

I guess my original point was that Annabelle grew and I didn’t think that the partnership was going to be sustainable, something that due to growth can be beyond the control of either partner, even when they get long well.

Maryland25

I only met Annabelle a couple of times but I am told she is very sweet. I have met Ruben more often and he has never been anything but charming and very friendly.

I have family members that know him better than I do though and they’ve never heard him talk about ex partners.

I’m not saying it hasn’t happened, just that we sometimes see different sides of people.

I guess my original point was that Annabelle grew and I didn’t think that the partnership was going to be sustainable, something that due to growth can be beyond the control of either partner, even when they get long well.

Yes you’re right there are always two sides of a story. But nevertheless it will be interesting to see how things will
Go. There are couple rumors that his girlfriend is too intense and too much involved in this sport. I heard about this rumor when he was skating with vartmann too. I actually couldn’t believe that this has something to do with his girlfriend. But if there is the same gossip as it was with vartmann I start to believe that his girlfriend is too intense. We‘ll see ;-) Anyways i don’t want H/B to split

insideedgeua

Yes you’re right there are always two sides of a story. But nevertheless it will be interesting to see how things will
Go. There are couple rumors that his girlfriend is too intense and too much involved in this sport. I heard about this rumor when he was skating with vartmann too. I actually couldn’t believe that this has something to do with his girlfriend. But if there is the same gossip as it was with vartmann I start to believe that his girlfriend is too intense. We‘ll see ;-) Anyways i don’t want H/B to split

I had heard those whispers too. I guess only time will tell. There’s a lot of pressure on skaters. Relationships seem easier when they are within the sport, with people that understand.

It would be hard for partners of Pair skaters and Dancers when they are often trying to portray a story of love or passion. I guess some jealousies may be inevitable.

Sunny231

#juniorrace standings:

Junior Men
322,37 Nikita Starostin (NRW Summer Trophy 163,39; JGP SLO 158,98)
306,22 Jonathan Hess (JGP AUT 161,51; NRW Summer Trophy 144,71)
301,25 Denis Gurdzhi (NRW Summer Trophy 155,19; JGP SVK 146,06)
139,63 Daniel Sapoznikov (NRW Summer Trophy 139,63)
138,83 Louis Weissert (NRW Summer Trophy 138,83)
134,53 Florian Paschke (NRW Summer Trophy 134,53)
125,28 Maxim Knorr (NRW Summer Trophy 125,28)

Junior Ladies
202,98 Carolin Hess (NRW Summer Trophy 101,81; Halloween Cup 101,17)
115,49 Elodie Eudine (NRW Summer Trophy 115,49)

Junior Pairs

Junior Ice Dance
255,89 Charise Matthaei / Maximilian Pfisterer (Halloween Cup 133,17; JGP SLO 122,72)
247,12 Lara Luft / Asaf Kazimov (NRW Summer Trophy 131,39; JGP LTU 115,73)
241,71 Amanda Peterson / Stephano Valentino Schuster (Halloween Cup 123,47; JGP SVK 118,24)
90,14 Lilia Schubert / Kieren Wagner (NRW Summer Trophy 90,14)
82,37 Diana Kist / Sergey Gross (NRW Summer Trophy 82,37)

Thank you for posting the standings, but I have to correct you, the results from NRW Summer Trophy do not count for Junior Worlds, it is written in the German Federation nomination criteria that only the results from international competitions between 13.08.18 and 03.02.19 count for points, however, NRW Summer Trophy was held from 10.08 - 12.08.18, so before the mentioned dates.

J

Jeschke

Thank you for posting the standings, but I have to correct you, the results from NRW Summer Trophy do not count for Junior Worlds, it is written in the German Federation nomination criteria that only the results from international competitions between 13.08.18 and 03.02.19 count for points, however, NRW Summer Trophy was held from 10.08 - 12.08.18, so before the mentioned dates.
Thanks for the info! Must have missed that paragraph 🙈😅
I will update the standings later!👍🏼

J

Jeschke

#juniorrace update

Junior Men
286,25 Jonathan Hess (JGP AUT 161,51; JGP CZE 124,74)
158,98 Nikita Starostin (JGP SLO 158,98)
146,06 Denis Gurdzhi (JGP SVK 146,06)

Junior Ladies
101,17 Carolin Hess (Halloween Cup 101,17)

Junior Pairs

Junior Ice Dance
231,28 Lara Luft / Asaf Kazimov (JGP LTU 115,73; JGP ARM 115,55)

alj5

Even though Hocke & Blommaert were awful this weekend, I did love her first lift position. So beautiful! I hope Ruben's training improves, because she could be something very special.

text_skate

Newspaper Süddeutsche (SZ) about Aljona's short time coach experience:
https://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/eiskunstlauf-traineramt-beendet-1.4179849

google translate:
Aliona Savchenko did not travel to the West Coast. She herself decided to split up, she told SZ Sunday: "I've helped as much as possible, but it turns out that we have different opinions about working on the ice."

The potential of the US pair team Aljona Savchenko has also stressed again on Sunday. The work, she says, was "not enough": "I know the way to the goal, I opened the door for them, but they have to go through it alone." Aljona Savchenko did not exclude, that they will work together again in the future.

I definitely hope, they will work together again. IMO the short period shows already some improvements for the Knierims. But I also hope, that Aljona will learn to be a bit more patient. Changing the amount of training takes time and insight (each fibre of body/mind has to be on board).

J

Jeschke

Medals for Fentz (196,47, 2nd) and Scheidt (147,90, 3rd) at Golden Bear in Zagreb :respec:

Fentz seemed fine, the quad was hopeless, but after all coming of injury, this could work until GP.

Great result for Scheidt, earning WS points and leaving some 'known' names behind her!

J

Jeschke

Schott has been crossed out of GP FIN.
Do we have any updates (on injury)?

:drama:

J

Jeschke

I am surprised to see lots of german juniors on the entries for Prague Riedell Ice Cup.

That event does not count towards #juniorsrace , or?
It's not marked on the 'Beschickungsliste' as sanctioned by DEU.

Someone has infos if this even does count? :huh:

Either way, great to Roscher/Schuster on the entries.

sandra_persch

I am surprised to see lots of german juniors on the entries for Prague Riedell Ice Cup.

That event does not count towards #juniorsrace , or?
It's not marked on the 'Beschickungsliste' as sanctioned by DEU.

Someone has infos if this even does count? :huh:

Either way, great to Roscher/Schuster on the entries.

They keep changing the list so we will see but of the singles only Gurdhzi may stand a chance and he does several other comps too.

Sunny231

PR of german fed sucks so much, seriously.
German Fed is not updating any information on their website at the moment. The minimum total scores which must be reached by the second best pair and ice dance couple to make it to WJC still haven't been published although it is mentioned in the nomination criteria that these scores are set until mid October. The "Rahmenterminplan" hasn't been updated since mid June :shuffle: and there are still no scores published which must be reached to get into the national team ("Kadernormen"). I'm wondering when the German Fed will finally publish them on their website as we are already in mid season.:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information