FSU Watch Party Sunday #1: 1991 Worlds part 2 [12pm CDT/6pm CET]

Sonata

Josée fan here. She got better music and choreography once she moved to Toronto to work with Louis and Mary Jane Stong and Sandra Bezic. Debbie Wilkes famously called her music before that move grocery shopping music.

Plus - these music medleys were kind of the norm. Wait until you see Harding’s Send in the Clowns / Batman combo.

Bonaly’s roller skating style is driving me crazy.

S

SmallFairy

Surya's skating skills are really subpar. She's mostly on two feet, and her take offs are very strange. But lots of spring and speed.
This program was a carrot party.

VGThuy

I still cringe thinking of their horrific Beatles medley costumes at the 88 Olympics in Calgary.

I loved them. I thought it was whimsical and cute. Maybe they’re the only MARRIEDS I bought into other than Shen/Zhao, but I bought into them before they were even romantically involved.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Martini's comment about "losing her concentration for the rest of the program" was absurd...She landed several jumps in between the quad and the fall on the 3loop.

Thank god for COP!!!

Sonata

I’ve always wanted to know what the crick crack music at the end of Tonya’s program was called.

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
Her favorite music was "Send in the Clowns"? I don't believe it! She was listening to "People Are Still Having Sex" and Freeez and no one can tell me otherwise.

Also, my current avatar is Freeez.

LeafOnTheWind

Is it Tonya's fault we get so many Send in the Clowns in figure skating or was she just continuing the war horse?

olympic

Love Paul Martini's comment before the SP - Elimination of the figures helps Tonya. Umm. She was finishing better than Kristi and Nancy in the figures on the National level and Midori was not exactly the best at figures, either

Sonata

Random thought but I’ve ALWAYS wanted to name my pet Midori. A 30-year plan that has not yet come to fruition.

S

SmallFairy

:(:(:(

I want to point out that Midori is the only one using classical music with an actual orchestra. Remember, we had computer Prokofiev on crack earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information