From Russia With Love [#38]: Fall/Winter 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

lala

Go on :)
People shouldn't forget that your are the owner of this thread.
Go back to Yagudin..it will be easy to find describe him: homophobic, rassist, envious, malicious,hateful...oops! these aren't gentle words!....but at least these are true!

lala

Alena wants to jump 3A
Alena's 3A is back. She wants to jump it in the Free Skate and maybe in the Short program (so seems like it is not 100% stable yet)

Sasha https://www.sports.ru/figure-skatin...etape-kubka-rossii-v-kazani-chetyre-chet.html
Bronze medalist of the European Figure Skating Championship 2020 Sasha spoke about the preparation for the competition.

Trusova plans to perform four quadruple jumps in a free program and a triple axel in a short program in Kazan.

“I wanted all the jumps, I always wanted to insert more into the program. Now I'm working on that too, and I really enjoy skating. I have never felt this way.

I really feel how the sliding is changing, ”Trusova said on the air of Channel One.

Tinami Amori

(for those who don't have time to watch the whole show, here are few individual videos, whatever i could find quickly)

Alina Zagitova skates her new programme "Esmeralda" @ "In Love with Figure Skating" show last night.

Liza Tuktamysheva skates her "lady of the band" number

Volosozhar/Transkov

Javier Fernandez

Tarasova/Morozov

Dmitry Aliev

Khydabirdieva/Bazin

Zabiako/Enbert

Mikhail Kolyada

kalle

Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere but when does the Ladies SP taking place in Kazan? Cannot wait to see Trusovas SP hoping that she nails that 3A this time around.
Very curious about Kostornaia too!

drfj

Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere but when does the Ladies SP taking place in Kazan? Cannot wait to see Trusovas SP hoping that she nails that 3A this time around.
Very curious about Kostornaia too!
today afternoon central european time at 15.30

Bigbird

(for those who don't have time to watch the whole show, here are few individual videos, whatever i could find quickly)

Alina Zagitova skates her new programme "Esmeralda" @ "In Love with Figure Skating" show last night.

Liza Tuktamysheva skates her "lady of the band" number

Volosozhar/Transkov

Javier Fernandez

Tarasova/Morozov

Dmitry Aliev

Khydabirdieva/Bazin

Zabiako/Enbert

Mikhail Kolyada
Tarasova and Morozov have made no real improvements have they? Or maybe just lighting wrecking havoc on their performance. Why not just skate a simple gala number? I found this weeks Ice Age much more interesting than this gala, unfortunately.

hanca

Values her privacy
Tarasova and Morozov have made no real improvements have they? Or maybe just lighting wrecking havoc on their performance. Why not just skate a simple gala number? I found this weeks Ice Age much more interesting than this gala, unfortunately.
How can you say that based on seeing them in one show? In shows no one ever shows their competitive technical content. But soon we will see, on Tuesday they have their SP and they will want to get back to their number 1 Russian pair status, so it could be a good fight.

Bigbird

How can you say that based on seeing them in one show? In shows no one ever shows their competitive technical content. But soon we will see, on Tuesday they have their SP and they will want to get back to their number 1 Russian pair status, so it could be a good fight.
Maybe. The essence I was trying to get across though is that given conditions at a gala an exhibition number could have been pulled out with more ease and confidence leaving a better impression of them. The optics..just that. The race for number 1 never even came to mind.

hanca

Values her privacy
Maybe. The essence I was trying to get across though is that given conditions at a gala an exhibition number could have been pulled out with more ease and confidence leaving a better impression of them. The optics..just that. The race for number 1 never even came to mind.
I am just not sure what ‘improvement’ did you expect to see in a show. Shows would not be a place where I am looking for a progress of skaters.

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story

Under those lighting conditions and there being no warm-up before they perform, the skaters are not going to be at their best for sure.

Bigbird

I am just not sure what ‘improvement’ did you expect to see in a show. Shows would not be a place where I am looking for a progress of skaters.
Well, because you asked....IMHO, they did not look any sharper, faster or more confident. They had the same mistakes as before. So knowing that you are not at your best just do a simple gala well? Let that boost your confidence. But no need to escalate the issue. I am neither for or against them. My favourite pairs tend to either come from the Moskvina or Sui and Han. But there were times that these two really surprised me. For the latter couple of seasons though they've just been stagnant in my eyes. I would not be surprised if they retire soon. It looks like they've passed their peak form some time ago. Also with Trankov as their reluctant coach, prospects just seem dim. But I like a good surprise, yes?.....

Bigbird

Exactly, fans need to take into account that shows are not like competitions.
Shows are challenging with the spotlights blinding you making lifts etc. even more challenging.
True. Ergo, my original point. Keep things simple no need to try a competive number. They could have injured themselves. But I assume that culturally this is not the Russian way?

Also, why no masks in the finale? Is it that XYZ no longer exists in Russia? Sigh.

Bigbird

Didn't like the look of either Kostornaia or Trusova today. It looks like they didn't understand some valuable merits of the Eteri method. They would actually be helping each other to skate with each other. Seems like the rigors of high level training has left them scarred somewhat. I hope I am proven wrong but Aliona just looked plain spooked. Plushenko's success will come from the younger ones maybe not these girls. But hey I will be glad to be proven wrong.

kalle

I liked all top 3 skates today.Yes, two costly mistakes from Kostornaia but I think she got some jitters out and better to have mistakes here than at Nationals..
I was reminded again how much I love her skating and commitment to the music.

Trusova is so close to land that 3A cleanly! It must be a bit frustrating for her but I am sure it is just a question of time. In any case, I like this SP and I think she feels it pretty well. She seems to be in a good place mentally speaking and I hope she will hold it together the whole season.

Maia is a lovely skater and she has good basics. There is always something statuesque over tall skaters and she is coming along well.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I liked all top 3 skates today.Yes, two costly mistakes from Kostornaia but I think she got some jitters out and better to have mistakes here than at Nationals..
I was reminded again how much I love her skating and commitment to the music.

Trusova is so close to land that 3A cleanly! It must be a bit frustrating for her but I am sure it is just a question of time. In any case, I like this SP and I think she feels it pretty well. She seems to be in a good place mentally speaking and I hope she will hold it together the whole season.

Maia is a lovely skater and she has good basics. There is always something statuesque over tall skaters and she is coming along well.
She was landing it just fine in the warm up.

Bigbird

She was landing it just fine in the warm up.
Truth, she landed several of them in warm up. She is just a nervous skater. It's a pity her parents didn't understand that. Isolating her from her competition will not help her but rather hinder. She also pays skant if any attention to artistry. She seemed to skate the SP best at the test skates.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I like Trusova's SP (and LOVE her costume), and I think she's made some progress with learning to move gracefully. She just needs to work on keeping her head up and on her facial expression. She just looks businesslike when she's out there.

Natanielle825

In my opinion... top 3 were all meh.
I thought I saw some improvement when Sasha skated her short at test skates and then everything has looked the same since. No elegance or performance that I can see. I am confident in her ability to do the triple axel tho, I wish she was trying again in the long. Can't wait to see her quads.
Alena's skating skills are still very good but the music is sooo irrelevant I barely even noticed it before the step sequence, a huge disservice to her, but I believe the long will be better. Her double axel was gorgeous and the landing of the lutz was too, tho she's on the wrong edge. Definitely shouldn't have gotten positive GOEs on the combo and spin.
At first Maia looked good, she definitely was performing towards the beginning of the program and landed all her jumps, but the slow-mo clearly shows she uses a full blade assist for all her toe jumps so I stopped being mad that she got 3rd.

Tinami Amori

Wait until they skate @ the Russian Cup event. There are several reasons why their programme in this show is watered down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information