From Russia With Love [#38]: Fall/Winter 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Reporters are going to lots of coaches trying get them to weigh in on the ladies "drama." Most of them aren't as wise as Moskvina and refuse to be drawn in. In her recent interview, the reporter was persistent, yet the wily Elder just laughed and refused to give them what they wanted.

hanca

Values her privacy
I remember Tarasova saying that about Konstantinova at the Rus Cup event#2
Because Tarasova is an expert on healthy weight. As her own weight proves.

I remember one year Tarasova was on a diet, and during the Russian nationals, in between talking about skaters she shared plenty of what she had eaten, what she would like to eat, what she should be eating... it was seriously weird doing it while she was paid to be a commentator for the competition. It was like a cross between competition and cooking/healthy eating program.

Maximillian

RIP TA
Because Tarasova is an expert on healthy weight. As her own weight proves.

I remember one year Tarasova was on a diet, and during the Russian nationals, in between talking about skaters she shared plenty of what she had eaten, what she would like to eat, what she should be eating... it was seriously weird doing it while she was paid to be a commentator for the competition. It was like a cross between competition and cooking/healthy eating program.
This is fascinating because I always imagine that when Tarasova is commentating she is wolfing down a cheeseburger, fries and chocolate shake complete with mustard stains on her fur.

hanca

Values her privacy
This is fascinating because I always imagine that when Tarasova is commentating she is wolfing down a cheeseburger, fries and chocolate shake complete with mustard stains on her fur.
She can’t be eating when she is commentating. She makes such weird noises, including heavy breathing, happy screams, sighs and some other unidentifiable sounds, I am always wondering whether she is having sex. It would be impossible to make all those noises if she was eating.

Bellanca

Reporters are going to lots of coaches trying get them to weigh in on the ladies "drama." Most of them aren't as wise as Moskvina and refuse to be drawn in. In her recent interview, the reporter was persistent, yet the wily Elder just laughed and refused to give them what they wanted.
:lol: This is not the wily Elder's first rodeo with these clowns. Moskvina was probably thinking 'nice try!' More should follow her lead.

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
I have a memory of a former poster here (and owner of another board) telling me about observing TAT at 2004-2005 Skate America in Pittsburgh at a fast food window inhaling French fries and moaning in ecstasy while wearing a dark blue fur coat.

anonymoose_au

If I right remember Tarasova also said Tuk needs to lose weight not so long ago

I remember Tarasova saying that about Konstantinova at the Rus Cup event#2
Whenever I hear TAT spout off this BS, I feel like this scene from The Simpsons is playing out and I wish I could be Marge!

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Slutskaya wouldn't approve.
Oh please she was wolfing down those corticosteroids to get her high to perform to tittles!
I have a memory of a former poster here (and owner of another board) telling me about observing TAT at 2004-2005 Skate America in Pittsburgh at a fast food window inhaling French fries and moaning in ecstasy while wearing a dark blue fur coat.
God, I was there, and TAT is just a detestable woman. Uggh. She can talk and inhale food like Jabba the Hut.

Amy L

Andrei Lazukin will not compete this season. He has not been training due to his knee injury and is instead focused on rehabilitation. There are no plans to retire and he will return to the ice once his knee is healed.

Amy L

@Sylvia posted this link in the T/M thread but more people should see this here.

Trankov will always be remembered for his lyrical snot comments, but I think we have quote cough Number Two:

- Evgeni Plushenko believes that scandals are moving figure skating forward.
- Any coin has two sides. You know who is interested. Yes, bad PR is PR too. Let's take a philosophical look: since it is not beauty that gains popularity, but scandals, this personifies our society. Yes, it is clear that if you eat shit with a spoon, you will gain 2 million subscribers, and if you feed stray dogs, then 200 people. If so, then it is a mirror of our society.

Bellanca

@Sylvia posted this link in the T/M thread but more people should see this here.

Trankov will always be remembered for his lyrical snot comments, but I think we have quote cough Number Two:

- Evgeni Plushenko believes that scandals are moving figure skating forward.
- Any coin has two sides. You know who is interested. Yes, bad PR is PR too. Let's take a philosophical look: since it is not beauty that gains popularity, but scandals, this personifies our society. Yes, it is clear that if you eat shit with a spoon, you will gain 2 million subscribers, and if you feed stray dogs, then 200 people. If so, then it is a mirror of our society.
Well, Plush may have a point, but I would say (scandals moving fs forward) not in a good way. When you get right down to it, it's a lousy situation when people watch for all the wrong reasons.

Tinami Amori

Russia FS Fed's publication, "World of Figure Skating", issue #3. It is in Russian but the text is not blocked, it can be copied and google-translated. Lots of photos.

Ka3sha

From Vladislav Zhukov (TASS journalist) telegram channel:
Sasha Samarin has serious back problems - the pain has not gone away for several months. He went to a good clinic in St. Petersburg to be examined. Hopefully they finally find out what the problem is. I have some concerns about his participation in the remaining events of the season. Wishing Sasha health, of course. If it is necessary to be treated, it is better not to risk it again. With the example of Andrey Lazukin, we have already understood how dangerous it is to go out on the ice half-treated.

NAOTMAA

I would have thought when the rinks got closed it would have given the injured skaters a chance to heal a little but it doesn't seem to have made any difference at all for most of them. Of course the Russian fed. pretty much pressuring them to compete at these cup events isn't helping but still :(

Natanielle825

As a skater, Tarasova probably barely ate for 18 years, so if she has a problem with overeating now I wouldn't blame her. However, her telling others to lose weight is sick and continuing the cycle of abuse. Especially in regards to Tuktemysheva. She's well into her twenties - she could never eat again and wouldn't be able to land all the quads the other girls can. Why not appreciate all the incredible things she has done, is doing, and will do in the future instead of demanding she turn back time or torture her body to no end.

hanca

Values her privacy
As a skater, Tarasova probably barely ate for 18 years, so if she has a problem with overeating now I wouldn't blame her. However, her telling others to lose weight is sick and continuing the cycle of abuse. Especially in regards to Tuktemysheva. She's well into her twenties - she could never eat again and wouldn't be able to land all the quads the other girls can. Why not appreciate all the incredible things she has done, is doing, and will do in the future instead of demanding she turn back time or torture her body to no end.
I don’t think at that time when she skated, the skaters were as thin as they are nowadays. We are talking about 50-60 years ago. In the sixties, I don’t think there would be the same pressure on skaters to starve themselves (at least what I saw the photos from the past).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information