From Russia With Love [#38]: Fall/Winter 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

marie1616

Pepeleva/Pleshkov remind me of Tarasova/Morozov. So much potential but they always make weird mistakes. The sp would have been in second place if they had done a lift. I hope with more experience they can become consistent. I enjoy them the most of all the junior pairs.

hanca

Values her privacy
Pepeleva/Pleshkov remind me of Tarasova/Morozov. So much potential but they always make weird mistakes. The sp would have been in second place if they had done a lift. I hope with more experience they can become consistent. I enjoy them the most of all the junior pairs.
I don’t see that much potential. If they had potential, they would have already shown it at juniors. They were never competitive enough among Russian juniors and now they are not competitive among seniors. Pepeleva is not consistent with her jumps, and they don’t seem to be able to do two clean programs. Which is fine if someone skates for country that doesn’t have many pairs, but it is a bit of a problem when skating for Russia.Tarasova/Morozov struggle with their consistency now, but they managed to have two or three very consistent seasons, which enabled them to get to the top three in the world. Now they will get the benefit of doubt if they have off day, whereas Pepeleva/Pleshkov haven’t earned that status.

Tinami Amori

Alina Zagitova was filmed (on private phone) practicing her SP/FS? routine, here is a fragment, she is doing triples with ease..... I wonder what for if she is not going to Nationals and accepted Navka's show role. Maybe to stay in shape for next Olympic season... I hope she does not drop University and commercial/business activities.

hanca

Values her privacy
That looks more like a show number than a competitive routine. She is doing solo triples with ease but that should come as no surprise to anyone.
Actually, it does come as a surprise. Seeing the photos from the show, I thought she is either pregnant or has put quite a bit on weight. But it is also possible that the show stylist either hates her or is an incompetent idiot.

Tinami Amori

That looks more like a show number than a competitive routine. She is doing solo triples with ease but that should come as no surprise to anyone.
People are writing that it is "Esmeralda" which is a show number also turned into a SP.

But it is also possible that the show stylist either hates her or is an incompetent idiot.
Half the audience on russian chats calling the "Ice Age" stylist an "incompetent idiot"..... :) Especially after her last dress up...

Here is Alina dresses herself (with some foreign help), black and gray, and punkish or business like look is good for all time!

Here is the latest from Ice Age, frigging pink dress with dots ....:wall:

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Zhulin said that he likes Tuktamysheva's programmes, but in order to have solid secure jumps she needs to "lose a couple of KG" (2 kg is 4.5 lbs).... :)

Pairs skater Khodykin, now that the Russian Cup series are done with, will go to physical therapy to treat his injury further.
His injury is one of the reasons they made their FS lighter in components.

hanca

Values her privacy
Yes, here she looks like her normal herself.
Here is the latest from Ice Age, frigging pink dress with dots ....:wall:
It wasn’t only this one, but it seems to be every week a fashion mistake. To make one mistake is...mistake. To make repeated mistakes, one really wondered whether it is how Alina looks now, or whether it is the stylist. I don’t think someone can be so incompetent that they would make a mistake every week. So is it some weird idea of joke?

hanca

Values her privacy
Zhulin said that he likes Tuktamysheva's programmes, but in order to have solid secure jumps she needs to "lose a couple of KG" (2 kg is 4.5 lbs).... :)
If anyone here works for media, could you ask Zhulin how many kilos does he think he needs to lose himself? Just curious...

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I am sure he is correct. I hope she does.

Bellanca

There you go, reason number one million why Zhulin has been flirting with yet another Usova-inspired A$$ kicking. 🙄

ETA: Glutton for Punishment.

Last edited:

starrynight

I think that extremely small 13/14 year olds who have not been been touched by puberty have become such the norm that people forget that adults don’t actually look like that.

Saw Trusova in person a couple of years ago and she was so tiny it would take your breath away. Even compared to girls of her own age.

This is children’s skating with a couple of adults that have snuck in. The adults do look bigger than the children, but of course they do.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Oh yes, obviously, a grown up woman who can land a triple axel, 3-3 combos and is training 4T and 4S definitely needs to loose weight.

Btw, according to Mishin Liza is recovering from a shoulder injury - she dislocated her left shoulder at that practice some time ago).

Also, Liza just launched her merch
She had her shoulder taped during her skates and the cameras showed her getting a massage backstage. It looked like it hurt.

I need that Empress hoodie.

Tinami Amori

That comment about Tukt’s weight Makes me wonder if ladies figure skating really is becoming kids skating. An adult will never be the same weight as a child.
To be fair, nobody ever told the ladies who skater towards their 30ies, like Carolina Kostner, Kiira Korpi, Fumie Suguri etc, to loose weight. And the first two were not just "over 20", they were VERY tall for skaters... :cool:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
To be fair, nobody ever told the ladies who skater towards their 30ies, like Carolina Kostner, Kiira Korpi, Fumie Suguri etc, to loose weight. And the first two were not just "over 20", they were VERY tall for skaters... :cool:
Did they lose the weight when told to? I don’t think so.

Bellanca

Zhulin's weight comment re Liza was no accident; Zhulin said what he did knowing that she would eventually hear about it. Completely unnecessary, and clearly, he still suffers from foot in mouth disease.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
That comment about Tukt’s weight Makes me wonder if ladies figure skating really is becoming kids skating. An adult will never be the same weight as a child.
True. However any athlete will tell you that to perform optimally they need to be at their optimum weight . Just a few pounds can make a huge difference .

Bigbird

Zhulin's weight comment re Liza was no accident; Zhulin said what he did knowing that she would eventually hear about it. Completely unnecessary, and clearly, he still suffers from foot in mouth disease.
Look at his skaters, that's just the way he runs things. Sinitsina is a mere skeletal fraction of herself. I thought she looked rather gaunt at the test skates given her former self. But seeing pics of her sister maybe it's just genetic.

Bellanca

Look at his skaters, that's just the way he runs things. Sinitsina is a mere skeletal fraction of herself. I thought she looked rather gaunt at the test skates given her former self. But seeing pics of her sister maybe it's just genetic.
Could be. :sekret: Sources say Zhulin is just being a (fill in the blank). He can be ornery.

lala

If I right remember Tarasova also said Tuk needs to lose weight not so long ago

Marco

Kolyada's skating was so mesmerizing I was surprised he lost the free skate to Mozalev - who was a strong skater too but did not quite have the same skating quality as Kolyada. I suppose a clean 4flip was PCS - boosting for those judges. Or perhaps the judges gave Kolyada a deduction for his coach not wearing a mask properly... I mean, seriously...

Sad but kind of expected to see Shchberkova continue struggling with jumps. They just didn't have the same ease as those from last season anymore. I don't like her programs but I feel she has been paying more attention and taking more time to present them (in contrast to say, Usacheva), which was nice to see.

Usacheva was very promising to see and had nice programs too, but I couldn't help but feel that she was way over the top with her arms and her other moves. She needed to learn to hold the moves like Kostornaia last season and Shchberkova this season to truly deserve those high PCS.

My comment on Tuktamysheva continues to be 'too little too late'. I was very impressed by all those 3axels and 3/3s and repeating lutzes and flips, but she simply got left in the dust in spins and PCS. She was showing very good commitment to her music (for me, more enjoyable than Usacheva) but I don't think the judges cared much anymore because her basics were just too weak to contend at this point.

Bigbird

Could be. :sekret: Sources say Zhulin is just being a (fill in the blank). He can be ornery.
He's putting in a lot of practice lately. Maybe he's getting desperate. Who does he have of note in his camp after S/K? Are K/D still together?

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Except for naturally lanky adults like Bradie Tennell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information