From Russia With Love [#38]: Fall/Winter 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiquitaBanana

Can you be specific and just spit it put, what exactly you are suggesting? I don’t do very well with hints. And when someone is making allegations, they should have the guts to say exactly what they are saying rather than tiny hints here and there.
Breathe in, breathe out. First I have a life outside FSU so I am not permanently here waiting to write an answer. Secondly, I am not talking about you so you shouldn’t take it too personal IMHO. Thirdly, words around, my constats (as reliable as it can be lol) and this https://tnv.ru/articles/renat-laysh...LQeIHDFxYgqiJYd1LT0VKOJIQl60Wz3GP6wbs7-RpcZJw

I hope you sleep better now I have answered back. Xxx

Tinami Amori

hanca

Values her privacy
Why do the Russian team jackets use the Roman/Latin alphabet instead of Cyrillic?
Because it is about promoting Russia. There is not that many countries who use Azbuka. Most foreign countries where the skaters compete use Latin alphabet, so it would be useless trying to promote something in a language people can’t really read. The same way as you would not put an advert on TV in a language that the majority of population can’t speak.

Ka3sha

Big interview with Tamara Moskvina

Tinami Amori

Sofia Akatieva lands 4S in practice (at Khrystalny rink)

Evegeniya Medvedeva resume practice, tries jumps only occasionally and not every day.

mjb52

Quiet for a little while and then boom, rippon triple axel from Kamila, rippon quad sal from Akatieva. How are they getting it done without Rozanov? :) The Eteri team soldiers on.

Things do seem a little mellower nowadays (ok I probably shouldn't have said that), maybe the "remember we are all one team" admonition helped.

lala

Quiet for a little while and then boom, rippon triple axel from Kamila, rippon quad sal from Akatieva. How are they getting it done without Rozanov? :) The Eteri team soldiers on.

Things do seem a little mellower nowadays (ok I probably shouldn't have said that), maybe the "remember we are all one team" admonition helped.
The fs fans often exaggerate and just guess. And say what they would like to see. Davidov is a great technical coach.

Skibean

Who is to say they haven’t been working on things while Romanov was still there? All these silly argument can be used both ways. It’s time for people to just accept that the girls and the coach decided on their own to move on. Now the fans need to do the same. Didn’t the zhenya situation teach you anything?

mjb52

Who is to say they haven’t been working on things while Romanov was still there? All these silly argument can be used both ways. It’s time for people to just accept that the girls and the coach decided on their own to move on. Now the fans need to do the same. Didn’t the zhenya situation teach you anything?

I don't give a shit that they moved on, I just think the people who think Rozanov - a coach who was there for two years and mostly worked with the younger skaters - was single-handedly responsible for the technical success of the Eteri's skaters, are ridiculous. However, I admire his good looks and wish him all the success in the world, as a person with those cheekbones deserves.

And I fully supported Zhenya's move (though not their original choreography for her; fortunately, it got better).

syzygy

Breathe in, breathe out. First I have a life outside FSU so I am not permanently here waiting to write an answer. Secondly, I am not talking about you so you shouldn’t take it too personal IMHO. Thirdly, words around, my constats (as reliable as it can be lol) and this https://tnv.ru/articles/renat-laysh...LQeIHDFxYgqiJYd1LT0VKOJIQl60Wz3GP6wbs7-RpcZJw

I hope you sleep better now I have answered back. Xxx
Chill. They didn't attack you. If you only had time for one word you probably shouldn't have posted a very unproductive post.

Edit: accidentally pressed send halfway through.

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
It looks like a good length for her. I'm interested to see how she'll wear it for competition.
Actually, I am more interested if her skating is back to her previous level. She has had plenty of time by now, so she won’t be able to have any excuses. I want to see her in full competitive strength, with 3A and her powerful skating.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Actually, I am more interested if her skating is back to her previous level. She has had plenty of time by now, so she won’t be able to have any excuses. I want to see her in full competitive strength, with 3A and her powerful skating.
I'm more interested in that too, of course. But also interested in the hair. :D

hanca

Values her privacy
I'm more interested in that too, of course. But also interested in the hair. :D
Is it the right place to admit that I actually liked the SP she showed at the test skates? Even though my first impression was WTF and ‘it’s a weird program’, there was something that made me watch it again...and again...and again...and after watching it a few times, I realised that actually I like it. I like it a lot.

ChiquitaBanana

Chill. They didn't attack you. If you only had time for one word you probably shouldn't have posted a very unproductive post.

Edit: accidentally pressed send halfway through.
Hanca asked me where I was heading and I answered. The real debate here is what do you think of the link I have provided . As for the rest, I did state my reasons.
P.s.: I am pretty sure Hanca can answer for herself (his self I don’t know).
p.p.s.: Sorry I don’t have your eloquence in English.

muffinplus

Is it the right place to admit that I actually liked the SP she showed at the test skates? Even though my first impression was WTF and ‘it’s a weird program’, there was something that made me watch it again...and again...and again...and after watching it a few times, I realised that actually I like it. I like it a lot.

I like it, but then I found about it's about clinical death.... 😅 Well, I still like it anyways.

Bellanca

Weird programs have become the norm this "season"... ETA: just saw a few at SkAm. 🥴 😳

Last edited:

Bellanca

True, Alena has had plenty of time by now, but what if that time (off) affects her skating initially? It may or may not be a good excuse, but it could be a concern, although I certainly hope not. I too, wish to see her at 100%.

ETA: it looks like more than a few skaters have been a little rusty, so we'll see what happens.

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
Well, in one past interview Moser made a dig at Panfilova/Rylov, that with doubles they should not be in seniors. From Moser’s school Pepeleva/Pleshkov have just skated program with double toe loop-double toe loop combination and double salchow with a fall as a solo jump. No comment...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information