From Russia with love [#29]: Spring 2018 and beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvia

TBD
Pj Kwong is in St. Petersburg and visited Tamara Moskvina and Oleg Vasiliev at their rink: https://www.instagram.com/p/BlFdHUdjx6o/?taken-by=pjkwong
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlFfa0Gj6HS/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlFfbwVDL78/
A podcast interview with Moskvina is in the works! https://www.instagram.com/p/BlFp9QVDrZ3/

ETA:
John Wilson's Blades just posted an interview with Evgenia in English from the Cricket Club. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MelmS0brIBc
Thanks! I just re-posted the link in her Cheer thread.

Last edited:

VGThuy

But when Morozov coached Ilynikh, were they living in New Jersey? I thought they were in Russia which means that their relationship would fall under Russian jurisdiction but I may be wrong.

Oh right! I can never remember when he was living in Russia and when he returned to New Jersey.

Bigbird

Any real news about Pavel Drozd and Alla Loboda in terms of new partners? Everything so far has just been at the level of rumours....

Marco

It seems Tarakanova left Tutberidze and trains at Pluschenko’s school.

Interesting. Is Plushenko's school starting to produce promising skaters yet? I know it is still very new but the depth in Russia is just insane. The biggest name I know who trained there was Serafima who left.

lala

Interesting. Is Plushenko's school starting to produce promising skaters yet? I know it is still very new but the depth in Russia is just insane. The biggest name I know who trained there was Serafima who left.
Sotnikova?

Last edited:

Eislauffan

Anastasia Tarankova, JGP Final bronze medalist, went to Plushenko's school now.
This school basically has just started, so we'll have to wait and see what skaters they will produce (apart from skaters that are already at a certain level and switch there). Some skaters said that the conditions in the school are not the best, because the ice surface is not standard size and there are many children on the ice. Apparently they also will open a standard sized rink, but I don't know when. I'm also not sure who is coaching there now (apart from Evgeni himself, but he is still busy performing). Alexander Volkov probably is coaching in the school, but others like Julia Lavrenchuk apparently are not there anymore. I also don't know if Inna Goncharenko is still there.

lala

Anastasia Tarankova, JGP Final bronze medalist, went to Plushenko's school now.
This school basically has just started, so we'll have to wait and see what skaters they will produce (apart from skaters that are already at a certain level and switch there). Some skaters said that the conditions in the school are not the best, because the ice surface is not standard size and there are many children on the ice. Apparently they also will open a standard sized rink, but I don't know when. I'm also not sure who is coaching there now (apart from Evgeni himself, but he is still busy performing). Alexander Volkov probably is coaching in the school, but others like Julia Lavrenchuk apparently are not there anymore. I also don't know if Inna Goncharenko is still there.

Inna wasn't there for a long time. She just came from CSKA with Kovtun and Mikhaylova. But she has not been at Plushy's academy for a while, since after Kovtun left. She said wants to rest. Kovtun went back to Buyanova, he said Evgeni is always on way, and he has no time to wait for him , he decided to continue the sport. Not to mention the salary in CSKA.:shuffle:
The academy's conditions is really good( ballet room, gym, medical room, restorant, hotel) except the ice rink's size what is the most important for the skaters, of course. :lol:According to a Evgeni's interview the new standard rink will be ready soon.
I think Evgeni has problem with the coaches there are many at the academy but after Lavrenchuk and her husband's departure they are -except Volkov- unknown ( for me).
edit: the IG account https://www.instagram.com/angelsofplushenko/

Last edited:

zebraswan

As far as I can tell from FSO, Samoilov is also gone (to Tsareva?). Sotnikova is just skating in shows, so I don't see how she can be counted as a "promising skater" produced by Plushy. Apparently Phillip Kirkorov's child Alla-Victoria is skating there, though...

lala

As far as I can tell from FSO, Samoilov is also gone (to Tsareva?). Sotnikova is just skating in shows, so I don't see how she can be counted as a "promising skater" produced by Plushy. Apparently Phillip Kirkorov's child Alla-Victoria is skating there, though...

Not only Alla Victoria but Martin, too.:lol: The star children also like the figure skating. :D

hanca

Values her privacy
To be fair, even Tutberidze didn’t produce champions in the first few years of her coaching. Look at her work, how with each skater she got more experience and better and better results, from Schelepen to Lipnitskaya to Tsurskaya to Medvedeva... wasn’t Medvedeva the first skater from this line who was with her from a really young age? Pluschenko’s school needs to get established, and they need to wait for a few years until the kids who are 4 are early teenagers before we will know for sure if it is going somewhere. Getting ready made students is not a good indicator about whether the school is any good or not.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Please do not make false accusations about my character. Beware, I will put together a poorly edited, 3 min video with crappy music trashing your internet screen name. That's how I roll. I am going to atone for the sins of my past. Too many crappy videos trashing the greatest skaters on the planet Earth. Moving forward, I will campaign hard and to my fullest, to rebuild Koola King's reputation as the greatest, most devoted, follower and admirer of my queen, and the queen of all figure skating coaching and techniques, Saint Eteri Tutberidze. Koola King <3 Eteri Tutberidze 4 ever. Let it be known from this point forward.
How old are you? Three?

Tinami Amori

SamuraiK

Is Anna pregnant or something? That was a short engagement :shuffle:

He proposed like 2-3 months ago during their Paris vacation . Its on her instagram. Its only the recent article with the wedding date that surfaced just some weeks ago. If pregnancy was the reason it would be obvious by now.

oleada

He proposed like 2-3 months ago during their Paris vacation . Its on her instagram. Its only the recent article with the wedding date that surfaced just some weeks ago. If pregnancy was the reason it would be obvious by now.

Ah okay. I only heard about it a few weeks ago and my automatic reaction when a 20 year old gets engaged and married quickly is pregnancy. Good to know that's not the case. Still, they're soooo young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information