From Russia with love [#29]: Spring 2018 and beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarafan

Roster for test skates Provided by Tatjana Flade.
http://sh.uploads.ru/PkKqv.jpg

Mikhail Kolyada, Sergei Voronov, Alexei Erokhov, Alexander Samarin, Dmitry Aliev, Arthur Dmitriev, Andrei Lazukin;
Alina Zagitova, Evgenia Medvedeva, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Maria Sotskova,
Elena Radionova, Darya Panenkova, Stanislava Konstantinova, Polina Tsurskaya, Sofya Samodurova;
Evgenia Tarasova / Vladimir Morozov, Natalia Zabiyako / Alexander Enbert, Darya Pavlyuchenko / Denis Khodykin, Alexandra Boykova / Dmitry Kozlovsky, Alisa Efimova / Alexander Korovin;
Alexandra Stepanova / Ivan Bukin, Betina Popova / Sergei Mozgov, Sofya Evdokimova / Yegor Bazin, Victoria Sinitsyna / Nikita Katsalapov, Anastasia Shpilevaya / Grigory Smirnov, Annabelle Morozov / Andrey Bazin

What time are the free skates happening? pls

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Holy moly, Janny looks like a different skater. That program is really working for her. She looks so happy and relaxed -- I love it! (And how cute are those bangs!?)

Kind of wild to think that last year four of these skaters were Eteri girls, and now just one is. But anyway, it is HARD to like so many of the Russian girls. :drama: :( I wish every one of them could go to Worlds!

skatfan

Holy moly, Janny looks like a different skater. That program is really working for her. She looks so happy and relaxed -- I love it! (And how cute are those bangs!?)

Kind of wild to think that last year four of these skaters were Eteri girls, and now just one is. But anyway, it is HARD to like so many of the Russian girls. :drama: :( I wish every one of them could go to Worlds!

Janny has an Audrey Hepburn vibe with those bangs. So cute!

S

SmallFairy

I know @Wyliefan Janny looks great. Love her hair, she seems to be having fun, that's the most important thing and a good base for further development. Her axel already looks so much better. I don't mind the cross foot lutz entry. Much better than the swinging back and forth on the blade that lots of Russian girls do.

I didn't mind T/M either. It's impossible for me to get a full impression of the program from a fan video anyway. (But thanks A LOT for all the videos, I really appreciate them!) the program will grow. If they'll be able to sell it, they'll be fine. That's key. I don't find anything wrong with the program itself.

S

SmallFairy

And I must also say Voronov was beautiful, Secret garden really worked for him. That quad was killer. Silver fox is not letting it go without a fight:respec:
Aliev's program was lovely too.

Anyone have any word on Sphilevaya/Smirnov???

lily

I unfortunately see nothing so special in Medvedeva's skating or program. Yes, program is different - not usual Tutberidze team style but usual Wilson style. And Medvedeva performs it like she always does: jumps and moves what are intended. She doesn't just feel it.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I unfortunately see nothing so special in Medvedeva's skating or program. Yes, program is different - not usual Tutberidze team style but usual Wilson style. And Medvedeva performs it like she always does: jumps and moves what are intended. She doesn't just feel it.

You just have a different taste.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I am curious about Stolbova's new partner. I had never heard his name. Who did he skate with earlier? Is he a good skater? I am glad that Ksenia found a new partner quickly. Hopefully they will be successful. I am not thinking of world championship. This is too early.

hanca

Values her privacy
I am curious about Stolbova's new partner. I had never heard his name. Who did he skate with earlier? Is he a good skater? I am glad that Ksenia found a new partner quickly. Hopefully they will be successful. I am not thinking of world championship. This is too early.
Why don’t you google him? He is 28, Russian. He skated with Esbrat for France and his best is 16 th at worlds three years ago and 10 th at Europeans last year. If you follow pairs, the chances are you probably saw him but may not have noticed him. He wasn’t standing out anyhow. Their personal best score was 154.86. For comparison, the best Russian juniors scored over 170 at the JGP events.

kalle

I have not watched all programs yet but have to say that I like Med and Sotskovas a lot and it seemed they skated very fast!
Indeed, Yuna vibes over Med's SP but it is still refreshing to see her skate with Wilsons choreography. She can sell any program but I liked the playful side to this one and it could be a cracker later in the season. Also happy to see she is skating without that rush feeling which I feel for example Zag still do. Zags program was nice too but perhaps missing a bit of wow factor at this outing. I am expecting it to look more polished later in the season.
Sotskovas program was great! Really liked it and I forgot how beautiful lines she has and that she is actually quite a powerful skater. Very mature presentation and good ice coverage too.
Liza and Radio was a bit same old but seems they have been working on their lines and spins. Lizas lutz is still to die for and so hoping she finds some consistency again this year.

angi

The music is loud and monotonous, but I wouldn't call it EMBARRASSINGLY bad. Just kind of annoying.
Regarding T/M SP - It's not even the music (I like Lenny Kravitz quite a lot) but it's just a terrible fit for them and their personalities. And that first 40 seconds up until the twist are just embarrassing in terms of choreography - their arm movements are just awkward. They will just continue being the target of jokes in the figure skating world if they'll keep it up and at this point someone, anyone should really know better - if they and Trankov don't have the senses to put a stop to it and get good prgrams and costumes I hope the federation will do something about it (but I doubt it).

hanca

Values her privacy
WTF with the loose white shirt? Is it a preview-mumu? kinda sloppy.
It seems she is in her practice clothes. Maybe her dress is not done yet. Why does it bother you so much that someone is not in their competition dress?

hanca

Values her privacy
Regarding T/M SP - It's not even the music (I like Lenny Kravitz quite a lot) but it's just a terrible fit for them and their personalities. And that first 40 seconds up until the twist are just embarrassing in terms of choreography - their arm movements are just awkward. They will just continue being the target of jokes in the figure skating world if they'll keep it up and at this point someone, anyone should really know better - if they and Trankov don't have the senses to put a stop to it and get good prgrams and costumes I hope the federation will do something about it (but I doubt it).
To be fair, Trankov did say that the SP was not his idea.

angi

Still, if he is involved he needs to guide them better. It's not a fluke at this point. After what happened with Candyman they should have been super careful with their music choice and they are repeating their mistakes. When Candyman was announced everyone knew it will be terrible even before seeing it and during the entire season commentators couldn't stop commenting as gently as they could about what a terrible program it is. Their SP to Rachmaninoff on the other hand got rave reviews because it was really T/M at their best.
I mean sure if they'll execute this SP cleanly at their full ability they'll get good marks, but they'll never be taken seriously or have people truly rooting for them if they'll keep having this kind of programs. In PyeongChang when they skated last and were so close to the gold all people did was basically tell the universe to "please don't let candyman get the gold" because it would have been embarrassing to the sport if that happened.
And for the record I truly think the next quad can be T/M vs. S/H - they are truly good when they have the right programs and packaging, but it's hard to root for them when they keep doing such glaring mistakes with their material.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
It gets tiresome when fans whine that a piece of music doesn't fit a skater's personality when they don't really know anything about their personalities. T/M's personality must like Lenny Kravitz since THEY picked the music. If the feed back from the test skates isn't positive, I'm sure they'll work on whatever is suggested to them.

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
I liked Sotskova's SP the best of all. I feel the explosion of her feelings. It's unlike re her in the past. Nice to see her skating what she wants to skate! I think I'll be in love with Tsurskaya's SP too when she skates it to its full potential. The changes of the tones and tempos caught me.

And I love tall girls doing dynamic skating. #teamtallgirl :cheer:

Bigbird

I don't understand that statement. Is it that he doesn't fully understand his role as their coach or is it that T/M have the final say in what they deliver? Either scenario is telling the figure skating community that this team is not to be taken seriously.

Kateri

void beast
Medvedeva: gorgeous, and the 2A is so improved!
Sotskova: I already adored her, but I'm extra happy she's changing things up a bit, and daring anyone to say she's snooze-worthy! I do hope she keeps the black short-shorts for her real costume!
Tukt: Her usual style, but I love it, so whatevs. Jumps looking good!
Radio: wtf was going on towards the end, there? :lol: not that I'm complaining!

looking forwards to watching the rest, I love all these girls so much!

Also, lookit Grandpa, trying the 4R! :)

hanca

Values her privacy
I don't understand that statement. Is it that he doesn't fully understand his role as their coach or is it that T/M have the final say in what they deliver? Either scenario is telling the figure skating community that this team is not to be taken seriously.
His role as a coach? If he was an experienced coach with lots of medals from his students, maybe he would be in a position to tell his students ‘you are not doing that’ and they would do as he says. As it is now, Trankov can advise them, but I don’t think he can make them do what he wants if they don’t want to take the advice. He is an adult, they are adults too. He may not like the program, they do. I am sure they listen to his advice most of the time, but the bottom line is that the skaters are the ones on the ice and therefore they have the final say what they will do or not do. As an example - Nathan Chen didn’t listen to his coach Arytyunyan at the Olympics either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information