From Russia with love [#29]: Spring 2018 and beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eislauffan

World Junior Ice Dance Champions Anastasia Skoptcova/Kirill Aleshin missed the test skates as she is recovering from injury.
World Junior Champion Alexei Erokhov was training, but got hurt in the morning practice and therefore did not skate in the SP at the test skates.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I'll go against the flow and say I quite liked Zagitova's program. She looks much more mature. Russian nationals will come down to who skates best between she and Med. Or the GPF if they both get there first. I like them both and don't care which one wins. I also like Radionova's new program as well as LaTuks. So much to like among the Russian ladies.

Tinami Amori

Maybe he can coach Stolbova and her new partner. :saint:
He said that he will try to work with Moser on some training projects, and for now he'll try to do some start-up coaching, like holding master-classes, seminars. Also, he said that he and Ksenya talked and parted on a good note. They had both good and difficult moments, but over all he is grateful and happy with all they had accomplished. It was a difficult decision for him, and he reserves the right to someday maybe change his mind and return to compete.

Fedor posted this foto: https://pp.userapi.com/c636918/v636918443/1622d/A0swjJTxNwo.jpg

Last edited:

barbarafan

The best part is seeing T Tarasova clapping and smiling at the end of the program too! That will be a boost for Evgenia.
How do the test skates work. Are they judged or just monitored?

If judged do they release the scores or is it top secret?

S

SmallFairy

The ladies look really smooth. I agree Fever could work for Sotskova, and Amy W. for Radio, if she really sells it like crazy. We'll get a better impression later, all these programs are choreographed to face the judges, and the person filming was sitting on the opposite side. Aliev's program was beauty. Kolyada keeps mixing weird classical...

Bigbird

Wow, I would rather watch last year’s FS than this new SP. Not only the music is so monotonous, but what a noise! Considering the average age of judges, I can’t see them liming this either!

What? What did they do to deserve this for the second year in a row? Why is it so hard to give them two decent programs? Why would they ever allow anyone to see them skate this in public? I mean, don't they have a sense of self?

I am utterly speechless this is so AWFUL. Trankov, looked embarrassed at the end of the performance so why did they need to subject them to this?

I am so done.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
The music is loud and monotonous, but I wouldn't call it EMBARRASSINGLY bad. Just kind of annoying.

honey

What are the odds on whether Tarasova/Morozov can top Hough/Ladret's costumes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYaJYOl1pgo

For the record, I think the H/L program is fantastic. I think T/M's is....not. Just why. :confused: They do not have the personality for this, their choreographer (who did this??) does not know the first thing about how to make them move to it, and it is going against all of their fantastic qualities.

hanca

Values her privacy
What are the odds on whether Tarasova/Morozov can top Hough/Ladret's costumes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYaJYOl1pgo

For the record, I think the H/L program is fantastic. I think T/M's is....not. Just why. :confused: They do not have the personality for this, their choreographer (who did this??) does not know the first thing about how to make them move to it, and it is going against all of their fantastic qualities.
I am not worried about them not having personality for this, I am more worried about me not having ears for this.

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
Eh, Candyman was definitely worse. Maybe how people react to this program really will depend on age/musical taste because I don't mind the music or anything. It's just that the choreo is really bland and simple.

They cover ice so nicely. Just give them something to *do*!

Aliev's SP is thankfully lovely. I'm so happy his team is playing to his strengths and emphasising lyricism, extension, etc. He just needs to find some consistency/not meltdown (and possibly go to Lambiel's school for a spinning summer intensive to complete the package).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information