From Russia with love [#29]: Spring 2018 and beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigbird

Painful to watch....
Is Bagin really her partner? Or is he just a tool used to facilitate her partner search? He is so..

I must say I didn't understand why they bundled the dismount from the first lift. Then second he falls on sbs steps. And you know in the right hands their programme isn't half bad.

Last edited:

Moustaffask8r

Is Bagin really het partner? Or is he just a tool used to facilitate her partner search? He is so..

I must say I didn't understand why they bundled the dismount from the first lift. Then second he falls on sbs Steps. And you know in the right hands their programme isn't half bad.
Or she and the M dad are using Bagin father.... isn't he high up in the russian feds?

hanca

Values her privacy
I think the issue wasn’t about using him because of his father, but about finding as good partner as possible for Morozov’s daughter. Let’s not forget that she started with ice dance relatively recently - last season was her first season in ice dance. In comparison, Bagin was an established ice dancer who perhaps wasn’t brilliant, but at least he has ten years of ice dance, experience in international competitions, several 4th places at JGP (which is not brilliant for Russian standards but not completely useless either). I mean, it’s not as if a beginner ice dancer could choose that much. Look at Stavitskaya, where she is now!

CaliSteve

Liked Zhenya’s program more than I thought I would. Couldn’t tell if the lutz had a better edge but the flip toe looked great and axel better. Zag looks a little faster than last year but program with literally pre-juv music cuts. Absolutely awful

It was still ur but much improved.

skatingguy

decently
Awful music. It totally overpowers her. She is such a tiny skater!
How can you tell? The acoustics are terrible. I think it better to reserve judgement until we see it in a competition setting with a better sound system. I think it has potential if she can really own the performance and command the attention she can skate up to the size of the music.

caseyedwards

Hmm, this is a good suggestion - maybe they should go back to their Rach SP. I think one of the weird things about maturing is that you both learn that it's good to stick to your guns when you believe in what you're doing AND that it's good to give up on something that isn't working. Last year, they stuck with Candyman; maybe this year, it wouldn't be bad to do the opposite - whether the criticism of them when they try something different is fair or not, this is a subjective sport, why not go with the style that people are responding to?
If no one likes a program change the program! Skaters are human ! As the stakes get bigger and bigger they will collapse under the pressure of doing “a horrible program” it will be all they think about! It happened to t/m! Perfect flawless sp twice! Do the fs and they make mistakes? Because they knew they were doing “worst program of all time.” No one can handle that much pressure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information