Football 2022-2023, Quarterbacks, Tight ends...men in tight pants

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Still a proud fan here even with a tough loss and I know my guys will be back in that game again. I want to hug all of them right now though because I'm sure they're extremely disappointed and feeling like they let our city down (which is not true....we're all proud of them no matter what). 💖
We felt that disappointment last year.

We have some pretty great young quarterbacks to give us great games for a long time. Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, Jason Hurts, Brock Prudy, Patrick Mahommes, Jason Herbert, Dak Prescott, LaMar Jackson.

Some good matches for years to come.

After seeing the Eli/Payton commercial tonight, I can't wait to see Super Bowl commercial.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Super Bowl fever is already here, in Glendale. Next two weeks will be very interesting. My biggest concern is traffic and road closures. I live just 5 miles from the stadium.

So sad for the Bengals! If not for that personal foul toward the end, the game would have gone into OT. I am happy for the Chiefs though. Mahomes was so gutsy, running on that injured ankle! Hats off to both teams For a great game.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Oh. My. God. That was close. I am thrilled but you can’t help but feel for the weeping Bengal player at the end. A game is never won or lost on one play. I hope his coaches let him know.
His coach was pure class after the game. He said (paraphrasing) game is never won/lost by one player. We are all in it.

I watched the AFC game from beginning to end. Didn't watch the NFC game. I was sorry to hear of Purdy's injury. I hope it is not serious.

Now the t shirts will be sold with names of the two teams in them. I had bought a Super Bowl t shirt at Phoenix airport in September. I plan on wearing it now. It is so exciting that the Super Bowl is Here!

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I think everyone is going to need those 2 weeks to let their bodies recover some. Jalen Hurts and his shoulder, Patrick Mahomes and his ankle particularly after running for the first down almost like usual, Travis Kelce and his back.

I dont know who threw punches or got slammed down in the Eagles game or what the ejection means for being allowed to play or not. I was watching skating and haven't watched any ESPN or NFL talk shows.

I hope we don't have the trash talking stuff from political leaders like Cincinnati mayor did before the Chiefs/Bengals game. I know fans and players will do that - which I think is awful - but an official signed proclamation by a politician was way above normal trash talking. The taunting calls/penalties called on KC were just and I hope they learned (but it's football I guess).

I hope we have a great game. I'm not sure which of our group is planning the watch party, but it will happen.

Good play from/for both teams.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Early line is Eagles by 2.

I drove past the stadium today. From the Highway I had a better view of the 'Superbowl...' in big colorful letters On the dome. I couldn't take a photo since I was driving. Closer to the stadium it was hard to see the stadium walls (from that side) but there are big signs on the road. I want to go there this week, before the players start coming.

Soon we will start seeing visitors from Philly and KC.

In Feb it may be warm enough to open the roof for the game. I don't know the weather forecast yet but it has been cold here, by our standards. On Sunday it will be in the low 70s. If that trend continues, we could have great weather on game day.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I looked for volunteer opportunities at the Super Bowl but it is too late. Their volunteer registration is closed.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Be prepared for absolute mayhem. My guess is that if you live anywhere near the stadium or major hotels or anywhere in the area, you will be unable to just normal driving times, etc
When I looked at TicketMaster tickets were $5,000 - $15,000 a single ticket. People who can't afford that but want to be part of the experience will pour into sport bars and pay thousands just to be close to the action.

If I lived in the area, I might take the week off. Run to Sam's or Costco and buy supplies for the week and huddle down in my house ,:ROFLMAO:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Be prepared for absolute mayhem. My guess is that if you live anywhere near the stadium or major hotels or anywhere in the area, you will be unable to just normal driving times, etc
When I looked at TicketMaster tickets were $5,000 - $15,000 a single ticket. People who can't afford that but want to be part of the experience will pour into sport bars and pay thousands just to be close to the action.

If I lived in the area, I might take the week off. Run to Sam's or Costco and buy supplies for the week and huddle down in my house ,:ROFLMAO:
I plan on finishing my grocery shopping this coming Sunday. The food should last me 8-10 days.

For driving, I am going to avoid my usual route (highway - too close to the stadium and hotels). I can go in the opposite direction (away from the stadium) and use smaller roads. I may not go out unless I have to. I don't usually eat out, which is good.

I was initially tempted to attend the opening of that week, but when I discovered it will be in Central Phoenix, not at the stadium, I dropped the idea. Central Phoenix is a mess even without a major event. Driving to/from during Super Bowl week will be a nightmare.

We have hosted two Superbowls before this. Last time I lived so far from Glendale that it didn't affect me at all. In 1995 it was in Tempe. I went there with a friend during the week to see the atmosphere. It was fun. This time something tells me to not go in the direction of the stadium next week. This Tues/Wed May be a good time to just see the preps.

In 1995 I could have bought a ticket for $400 but I didn't. All the Superbowls that followed were outrageously expensive.

A house next to me is Air bnb. I am dreading it. There could be parties, crowd, noise. So perhaps locking myself in my home Fri-Sun May be a good thing.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Drove to the stadium today. It is just one exit away from my highway Entrance.

Once on Cardinals Way, most of the road was closed, except for one left turn. I asked the woman at the parking entrance there if I could park my car in the only parking lot. She asked if I had credentials. I didn't but she allowed me to park there.

Then I walked on the road across from the stadium and took many pictures of it. Many pavilions, including Fox Sports, are in the process of being put up. The stadium looks great From outside, with all the colorful paintings.

I may try going there again on Friday, if they still allow people to park there and take photos.

They are not giving stadium tours right now. I had taken a tour of that stadium (from inside) a few years ago. I had attended a couple of NFL games there too. Just can't afford to buy a ticket to this Super Bowl. So I was happy to at least walk near the stadium.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
We'll see

Rob G was on Fallon on Monday or Tuesday. Jimmy asked him if he had been called or thought about going back to play. He said that during the last season, he gotten calls. At first said "Thanks, flattered but no thanks".

Kept getting calls and said the last one, he would think about since he was I'm OK shape. So went back to the gym, thought about for 3-5 days and decided he didn't miss football that much.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I’m sure it is hard to walk away.
He is still a pretty good QB. I am sure it is tough to walk away When he can still play at a high level. He didn't have a strong supporting cast in Tampa Bay this year, so I thought he may shop around for a stronger team.

My feeling is that this time his retirement is for real.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
The lowest price for a Superbowl ticket is $6000 now. Yikes! Who has so much money? Not me, for sure. If I did, I May use it to travel.

ETA- the coin toss is going to honor local hero and ex- Cardinal,the late Pat Tillman.

Cachoo

The lowest price for a Superbowl ticket is $6000 now. Yikes! Who has so much money? Not me, for sure. If I did, I May use it to travel.

ETA- the coin toss is going to honor local hero and ex- Cardinal,the late Pat Tillman.
People who have money to blow....The last time KC was in it some of the people who went commented on the spectacle of it. The people there from KC and San Francisco were into it but others were up and down, schmoozing and partying. I think I'd rather watch with other fans from home.

Last edited:

once_upon

Better off than 2020
People who have money to blow....The last time KC was in it some of the people who went commented on the spectacle of it. The people there from KC and San Francisco were into it but others were up and down, schmoozing and partying. I think I'd rather watch with other fans from home.
Yep. The KC package email I got was $15,600 per person. Semi good tickets -maybe- but also a bit of access to the pre party activities. With airfare and hotel room and car rentals/parking etc. a whole lot more.

Not that I can afford that, I just get KC emails since I've gone to a couple of home games.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Another thing that surprised me, was that the tickets allotted to employees and other staff, are taxed. I'm not at what rate - bonus I assume. Not the person or persons they gave one or two of the allotted tickets, but the employee who gets them as a beneft.

For the players, that might not be big consideration but for most employees it is.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Another thing that surprised me, was that the tickets allotted to employees and other staff, are taxed. I'm not at what rate - bonus I assume. Not the person or persons they gave one or two of the allotted tickets, but the employee who gets them as a beneft.

For the players, that might not be big consideration but for most employees it is.
DH used to work for a NFL team and the tickets are a bonus (ours were upper level and under $300 face value). So not much tax wise at all. Wish we would have gone but we were just out of college and sold them every year to pay on student loans.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
DH used to work for a NFL team and the tickets are a bonus (ours were upper level and under $300 face value). So not much tax wise at all. Wish we would have gone but we were just out of college and sold them every year to pay on student loans.
Our neighbor a couple doors down played for 2 NFL teams in the 80's. He said he used to, I don't know if he still does, get offers to purchase them from whom i dont know. He said he never took them up but sometimes wishes he might have.

He played during the Dave Rimington era - both in college together and different teams in NFL. (They are Nebraska guys and both were in high school Division A, so played each other in state tournament games.)

I asked him about Chiefs vs Eagles, then we talked a little about Mahomes, Kelce, Hurts and other injuries. I said that I could almost guarantee Mahomes had Lidocaine and Cortisone shots to his ankle, he agreed. We both agreed that most people don't have a clue about how beat up the players are at the end of the season.

I asked him - Chiefs or Eagles. He was pretty evasive, he just wants "a good game". Just like everytime NE has brought in a new coach and he gets asked he tries to be diplomatic.

Cachoo

Our neighbor a couple doors down played for 2 NFL teams in the 80's. He said he used to, I don't know if he still does, get offers to purchase them from whom i dont know. He said he never took them up but sometimes wishes he might have.

He played during the Dave Rimington era - both in college together and different teams in NFL. (They are Nebraska guys and both were in high school Division A, so played each other in state tournament games.)

I asked him about Chiefs vs Eagles, then we talked a little about Mahomes, Kelce, Hurts and other injuries. I said that I could almost guarantee Mahomes had Lidocaine and Cortisone shots to his ankle, he agreed. We both agreed that most people don't have a clue about how beat up the players are at the end of the season.

I asked him - Chiefs or Eagles. He was pretty evasive, he just wants "a good game". Just like everytime NE has brought in a new coach and he gets asked he tries to be diplomatic.
Mahomes mentioned the trainer who helped him after the injury and I thought it was cool that the "Wall Street Journal" gave her a feature: https://www.wsj.com/articles/patric...11675371252?reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

Also I was watching an interview with the recently retired offensive tackle Andrew Whitworth on Colin Cowherd's show. Colin asked him if he wanted to come out of retirement. And he said no---about half way through the season it was not unusual to see him using his hand against the wall to get from one place to another in his house after he woke up. Everything hurt. They love the game, they are well paid (Whitworth earned 106 million) but man it is certainly a brutal sport.

Cachoo

Winnipeg

I know this sounds indecisive but I just hope it is a great game, close, back and forth, no injuries, no riots, etc.

I do not have a preferred team between KC and the Eagles but I like the Eagles hats with the bird wings that go up and down as if in flight! :cool:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Opening night of the Super Bowl. They hosted the Eagles and Chiefs. At the Phx convention center Player interviews, q/a by public, etc. From what I saw on tv, it was Very crowded.

My niece wanted to come here part of the weekend. I asked her to come later. I don't want to be anywhere near the airport this week. There is also the Phoenix Open golf tournament this week/ending Sunday. I always thought it was extremely stupid to have that on Super Bowl weekend.

ETA- The Super Bowl is expected to generate 1 Billion dollars in Arizona, which is great news for us. There is a lot of sports betting, in addition to other ways of revenue.

Last edited:

Winnipeg

Does Mahomes do a commercial with the song from The Courtship of Eddies Father tune in the background?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information