DWTS Season 22 3-21-2016

Desperado

Oh Bruno calling Mischa "sedated". I guess her and Artem will be the "stormy" couple this season.

Really enjoyed Kim Fields and especially Wanya.

Desperado

I get all jaded about DWTS and every few weeks before every season starts I go "I don't know who this is and I won't care" and d*mn, they always pull me in. Hello Nyle! Wonderful chemistry with Peta and great job by her.

screech

Ok, based on everyone else's scores, Nyle should have had 9's. You could not tell at all that he's deaf, his rhythm is fantastic, and let's face it - the guy can just plain move!! And he and Peta do already have a fantastic partnership.

I thought Ginger was a bit overmarked. I would have had her and Jodie about the same (Jodie should have had all 7s, Ginger too). Kim Fields would have had a deserved few points higher if she had danced later in the night.

When Mischa was announced, I predicted that she would be exactly as she was tonight.

I never expected Marla to be so damn likeable. I love how she addressed the Trump marriage right away, then said it's time for people to learn about her. So soft spoken, gracious and lovely. And slightly resembling Kim Cattrall.

None of the football players wowed me.

Wanya was great too. I'd have him in 2nd behind Nyle, who was head and shoulders ahead of the pack.

mackiecat

I liked Ginger and Jodie. Since Jodie danced as a kid and has been seen as a ringer, they probably marked her lower but I agree she should have been higher. I think this is going to be a good season.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I like Erin as an interviewer. She could see Mischa was about to burst into tears and was supportive without seeming condescending.

That was a really nice and welcome moment. I mean, Mischa has some issues and is not a born dancer, there was no reason for the judges to be so harsh on her verbally.

I am sappy and I hope she has some come to Jesus moments and makes major improvements. She's seemingly been at a crossroads in her life for the last, oh, 10 years and she needs to have a breakthrough.

PeterG

In Nyle and Peta's rehearsal, they mentioned and showed Peta doing things like tapping Nyle on the back when it was time to do a different move. I didn't notice that happening during their number for I was distracted by the phenomenal dancing! I wonder if she does something more subtle than a tap on the back, like how and when she squeezes his hand or shoulder to communicate a change in movement. Or if Nyle just perfectly memorized each and every step until it was simply all done from memory. I wonder how many of his competitors are going to take what they are doing WAY more seriously to have somebody who can't hear ANYTHING...just kick their a**!! :respec:

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
When Nyle was on ANTM, he was very good at mimicking movement. As long as the bass is strong enough, he can feel the rhythm a bit, so that helps, too.

AYS

🌻
Sound like I missed things by going to sleep early (Nyle). I'll have to find a video. I only caught a few dances, but I liked the weather person dancing with Val a lot.

Susan1

I just hope that A) they invite Edyta back next season, and B) she will want to go it.

Wanya was a nice surprise, he's been my favorite so far.

Why would they bring her back now only to give her the most likely to be eliminated contestant? Rats.

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
That was a really nice and welcome moment. I mean, Mischa has some issues and is not a born dancer, there was no reason for the judges to be so harsh on her verbally.

A former lineman for the Pittsburgh Steelers tweeted that Len's comments re Mischa "kind of hurt my feelings just watching"

orbitz

I'm not sure why Len coudn't criticize Mischa without looking all angry and constipated. He could've said the exact same thing to Mischa but without raising his voice and not looking all angry.

I'm sure Bruno will be more racy and pg-13 with his comments toward Peta and Nyle as the season progresses. It'll be funny to see how Nyle's interpeter handles those, LOL.

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
Uh oh, I guess Doug Flutie isn't going to be this season's pleasant surprise. :shuffle:
I'm afraid you're right. I hope he can last a couple of weeks, though. At least he was actually trying to dance for his number.
Poor Edyta. When they were introduced on GMA along with the rest of the cast, Geraldo didn't even bother to acknowledge Edyta at all when he and she were introduced; He was too busy admiring himself on the monitor. Ugh. I hope she gets some big $$$ out of this brief gig at least.
Poor Edyta, is right. At least two of the judges got out their 4 paddles for Geraldo. I would have been :lynch: if they had given him 5s for his "dance" which was 75% standing rooted and perhaps 25% walking stiffly. Carrie Ann evidently thought that this was equal to Doug Flutie's performance. :rolleyes:

This season actually seems to have a higher than usual number of pretty good dancers and several who already were at a fairly high level on week 1. I will admit to being pleasantly surprised overall.

ETA: I can't understand why they paired Witney with Von -- their height discrepancy was enormous. I kept wondering why they hadn't given Von a taller partner -- there were several possibilities among the ladies.

Last edited:

Cycliste

I had a feeling Geraldo would be bad, even though he looks quite fit for a 72 year old. Then he said in a radio interview yesterday that he cannot feel his right foot at all due to back surgery, so I knew he would be bad. So sad for Edyta to return from a long hiatus, only to be the first eliminated.

And man, Len was extra nasty!

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
Is Mischa simply terrified; or does she have another issue?
I think that her main issue is that (as was said by several last night) she isn't a "natural dancer" -- i.e. that she doesn't seem to have much of a relation to the music or to her own body movement. I know that they heavily edit the bumper "packages" but she seemed rather awkward and uncoordinated in the rehearsal clips. If this is the case, I would be "terrified" too.

pixie cut

I think that her main issue is that (as was said by several last night) she isn't a "natural dancer" -- i.e. that she doesn't seem to have much of a relation to the music or to her own body movement. I know that they heavily edit the bumper "packages" but she seemed rather awkward and uncoordinated in the rehearsal clips. If this is the case, I would be "terrified" too.

She looks more than terrified. She looked miserable at the cast announce. If you so hate the idea, why do it? If she'd tried hard or at least looked like she enjoyed being there, I think Len would have been kinder. When you act like you're in a labor camp, you prompt an appropriate response.

I am quite amused how people are already bitching about Len. All last season, everyone wrote how much they missed him and wished he'd return. Now that he's there and Julianne is gone, it took all of one show for the Len complaints to return. :D

Desperado

She looks more than terrified. She looked miserable at the cast announce. If you so hate the idea, why do it? If she'd tried hard or at least looked like she enjoyed being there, I think Len would have been kinder. When you act like you're in a labor camp, you prompt an appropriate response.
I also don't think she's hitting it off very well with Artem, which probably doesn't help. He doesn't strike me as an easy going guy and she looks like she needs a lot of coddling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information