DWTS Season 21 cast rumors....anyone?

Debbie S

In the quick scene they just showed, it looked like Tamar was having chest pain. Val may have feared she was having a heart attack. He looked very worried when he was talking to Tom.

"Cool Cat in Town" was one of the numbers in Tony/Sharna's section of Sway. Not a solo for them, a cast number...IIRC they danced in a small part of it. :)

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
She looked drugged to the max after the dance was over. :eek: She probably shouldn't have danced, but points for perseverance, fighting through, and not giving up.

BigB08822

I know that guy is sad to see his wife eliminated but she isn't being executed or anything. Didn't realize how serious this show is.

Debbie S

(((Carlos and Alexa)))

The two of them in 'jeopardy' face-off reminded me of the Meryl vs Charlie elimination. I'm sure Carlos wasn't in the bottom 2, the producers couldn't pass up the chance to put the married couple up against each other. Reality TV, sigh....

screech

Okay, this is why Alek should be going home. No way should Alexa, who is a really good dancer, be eliminated before him. I get that people like him, but it is a dancing show...
And I agree about the producers putting them there. Carlos even alluded to it when they showed what happened during the break and he had said something like 'this is what they want'.

Huge props to Tamar for dancing through (I think Val said she had pneumonia at one point). She looked about ready to pass out after their dance, though I will say, that's the first time all season I've seen her dance with emotion on her face. But something was up with Nick after that dance, because he looked really off.

pixie cut

Okay, this is why Alek should be going home. No way should Alexa, who is a really good dancer, be eliminated before him. I get that people like him, but it is a dancing show...
And I agree about the producers putting them there. Carlos even alluded to it when they showed what happened during the break and he had said something like 'this is what they want'.

While I agree that Alek should have gone home this week, I also think that Alexa and Mark's Argentine tango last week was an elimination worthy dance. It was a risky concept, but if you're going to go for something that far out there, you best make it great. She made two huge, obvious mistakes. Sealed her fate.

As for "this is what they want," yes, it is and they knew that when they were cast. Grow up! They booked the show because of the married angle. Accept it and respect it. I agree, no way Carlos was bottom two. Just like Meryl was never bottom two. It was a set up. That's Dancing with the Stars.

BaileyCatts

Tamar looked like she was gonna puke right on the stage after that dance was over. If she's run down with fever, etc., that was a pretty decent dance she pulled off. And what happened with Carrie/Val when Carrie was making her comments (I wasn't looking at the screen, just listening). Carrie made the comment about Tamar being all drugged up or something like that (which I thought she was just kidding as I said the same thing, because man she looked it!), did Val storm off or something? I missed what that whole exchange was. Was Val really mad about that?

screech

While I agree that Alek should have gone home this week, I also think that Alexa and Mark's Argentine tango last week was an elimination worthy dance. It was a risky concept, but if you're going to go for something that far out there, you best make it great. She made two huge, obvious mistakes. Sealed her fate.
I agree it was major mistakes, but Alek didn't even dance last week. He basically stood there while Lindsay danced around him. He is great at lifts, though. IMO Alexa's stumbles were nowhere near as bad as the dances Alek's been putting out week after week.

I will say, though, that he and Carlos were adorable in their duo clip package this week.

Katha

As for "this is what they want," yes, it is and they knew that when they were cast. Grow up! They booked the show because of the married angle. Accept it and respect it. I agree, no way Carlos was bottom two. Just like Meryl was never bottom two. It was a set up. That's Dancing with the Stars.

While I agree that the mistakes in the AT didn't help, I don't think it's about that. Alek has been giving blah, mediocre performances all season for which he gets way too high scores. A few mistakes here and there don't make Alexa a worse dancer, the mistakes last week also didn't make her performances as a whole worse than Alek's. Alek's just the kind of "American hero" candidate the DWTS audience votes for no matter what he does. Not fair, but it's a popularity contest in the end.

I think what happened is that Alexa just didn't have the votes anyway. I've been suspecting since they overscored her for her tango that she's got problems on that front. Then the week after they were over the top mean to her, put her in jeopardy to get her sympathy. Then the week after they put her in jeopardy AGAIN. Then they gave up.

ETA: It was sad to see her go because IMO Alexa/Mark were just hitting their stride as a dance pair in the last weeks. One of the more interesting actual, genuine relationship developments on DWTS, as opposed to BS editing (though they got their fair share of that as well). Alexa is talented, but also unsure of herself, nervous and I suspect mostly did the show because they wanted the package deal of the married couple, so sometimes seemed more invested in Carlos than herself. Then you had Mark a bit frustrated with her at the beginning of the season because he saw her abilities and thought she was scattered and inconsistent because she doesn't care.

Then at a certain point she realized that her main focus needs to be her own dancing and Mark realized that she tries her hardest, she's just a headcase. It was rather fascinating to watch things come together for them and how they worked through their problems, I thought. But it's not enough of a soap opera story to hook the general audience, I guess. Just everyday work conflict and resolution.

Last edited:

Susan1

I know that guy is sad to see his wife eliminated but she isn't being executed or anything. Didn't realize how serious this show is.

I know! I said it's not like she's dying and he's never going to see her again.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....

I always have to smile at viewer outrage when a good dancer goes home. It's the voters, not the producers. I've voted for her from the 1st but I've expected that she would go before Carlos. She became committed too late. She & Mark just didn't jell soon enough. Tamar has the same problem which I think is more off-putting than any of the other criticisms.

Huge props to Tamar for dancing through (I think Val said she had pneumonia at one point). She looked about ready to pass out after their dance, though I will say, that's the first time all season I've seen her dance with emotion on her face. But something was up with Nick after that dance, because he looked really off.

I read an article that before the dance, Val told Nick that he would have to basically prop Tamar up during their solo dance because she was so sick & weak plus she had missed a lot of rehearsals for the team dance. And Nick said that at the end he had to sit her on his knee because she couldn't stand any longer. So then Val said that Nick was spending most of the dance covering Tamar's mistakes.

jkl said:
And Carlos had just said in his preview that he wanted to stay longer than his wife!

That was trash-talk. When it came down to it he clearly didn't want her hurt.

BTW my favorite dance of the night was Alexa's contemporary. And then the Bindi/Derek/Alexa/Mark team dance.

Scrufflet

Not the most satisfying night.
Tamar - oh please, just go away.
Alexa - what a shame, when she was just hitting her stride.
Alec - Hero. Enough said. He's already gone farther than he should.
Bindi - Is she on caffeine? She's exhausting me.
Nick - Glad he's still in there because I love Sharna.
Carlos - I like him but enough of the waterworks.

My faves were the Chicago number and Nick/Sharna's cool dude/Jessica Rabbitt number. I also liked the Carlos tango. I agreed more with Bruno last night.

halffull

Life is a beautiful thing
Overall a great night of dancing last night :) Alek seriously needs to be gone now though. Agree that Carlos and Alexa were OTT about the whole going home. It's a dance show not a terminal illness or something. Tamar, silly drugged up girl. Go home and look after yourself! I love Bindi and I though Nick was great too!

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Overall a great night of dancing last night :) Alek seriously needs to be gone now though. Agree that Carlos and Alexa were OTT about the whole going home. It's a dance show not a terminal illness or something. Tamar, silly drugged up girl. Go home and look after yourself! I love Bindi and I though Nick was great too!

How was Alexa OTT? I thought she was very gracious.

tarotx

They can't do anything about it. Alexa doesn't have any votes this week. Though the show is going to be down two dances so something needs to fill the spots. Maybe some actual ballroom choreography pro dances?

Debbie S

Agree. I can understand her wanting to stay in, but if she had to go to the hospital, and the docs told her not to leave, she should have listened in the first place (I wonder what they would have done about the duet if she hadn't been there).

And I thought she should have been eliminated before Alexa anyway. :shuffle:

ArtisticFan

How was Alexa OTT? I thought she was very gracious.

It was the crying and clinging to her husband and Mark that cracked me up. I get that she was disappointed, but when they announced it was like she was about to be killed or locked away from 50 years.

Her remarks were gracious and fine, but she was OTT with the crying and carrying on there. However, I would rather have contestants with that reaction than I would someone looking bored and put upon.

Desperado

Not a fan of Tamar (don't know her from anything) but the fact that she cared so little about herself to heal properly, and so put her life at risk is incredibly sad in my opinion. She must have flown to and back from Las Vegas, not sure if that's what lead to the pulmonary embolisms or if she had some instances before, but that is crazy dangerous.

Susan1

Agree. I can understand her wanting to stay in, but if she had to go to the hospital, and the docs told her not to leave, she should have listened in the first place (I wonder what they would have done about the duet if she hadn't been there).

And I thought she should have been eliminated before Alexa anyway. :shuffle:

Especially after a week with two perfect scores!!!!

BaileyCatts

I don't know about y'all, but I put in my votes right as soon as the show starts since am voting for one person regardless of how the night goes. I don't wait to see if they got voted out and then put my votes in. So Alexa might still have some votes from people who vote for her regardless if they would bring her back in. But ...... they wouldn't do that anyway so whatevs! :p I don't think she would have made the Top 3 anyway so no difference, but kinda sucks that Tamar should have just quit Monday night and Alexa got another week.

Desperado

No one is commenting tonight? Really loved Sharna's dress and the Val dance to Alessia Cara. They explained the Tamar stuff more and mentioned that they had been flying all month and how dangerous that was for her condition. Oh, and Cary Ann coming up with "you overdanced with your face" comment was just :yikes:

Apologies, but I'm really not invested this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information