Decisions of the ISU Council: Stockholm Worlds (March 22-28) still on; Synchro Worlds cancelled; 2021 Grand Prix schedule/Beijing test event announced

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Are any of the likely Worlds participants in Australia rn? Kerry and Windsor aren't. Not sure whether Windsor has a partner yet or not. I wonder if some of the North American teams might head to Europe or Sweden early so as to be closer and not trying to fly in at the last minute. Not sure if that's actually any easier or not.
Harley has a wrist injury so even if he has a partner, no Worlds for them this season (info was in the Aussie thread last month). Their dancers who were on the Worlds team last year train in Canada (I think IAM but not positive) so it shouldn't be an issue for them to go. Not sure where Kailani is based right now.
Canadian short track team picked and ready to go. Our current rates of infection are similar to GB as theirs greatly improved since their lockdown and USA much worse, have other teams been banned? Seems odd to me? Just present a negative test?
I wonder if it has anything to do with trying to stop the spread of the UK variant. I don't think it's that the team has been "banned" but simply that the Netherlands is not allowing entry to anyone from GB at this time, not even high-performance athlete exemptions, which is a real shame.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Harley has a wrist injury so even if he has a partner, no Worlds for them this season (info was in the Aussie thread last month). Their dancers who were on the Worlds team last year train in Canada (I think IAM but not positive) so it shouldn't be an issue for them to go. Not sure where Kailani is based right now.

I wonder if it has anything to do with trying to stop the spread of the UK variant. I don't think it's that the team has been "banned" but simply that the Netherlands is not allowing entry to anyone from GB at this time, not even high-performance athlete exemptions, which is a real shame.
Yes you might be right. Canada did that initially but replaced the ban with testing requirement.

Colonel Green

Holly & Jason are part of IAM, but they are in Australia right now (or were as of late January, anyway).

mjb52

Canadian short track team picked and ready to go. Our current rates of infection are similar to GB as theirs greatly improved since their lockdown and USA much worse, have other teams been banned? Seems odd to me? Just present a negative test?

The US isn't much worse? It's down incredibly dramatically since early to mid January.

Dave of the North

Digging up dead relatives since 1992
I think the travel restrictions against GB in Netherlands are probably still because of the British mutation (which already spread everywhere now anyways, so it seems rather pointless). There's not all that much logic to all restrictions.

Netherlands 7 day moving average is 4258, UK is 10882 (about 2.5 times greater) (from Worldometers). UK pop is about 4 times greater, so the UK is actually doing better based on 7 day moving average (I know its not the whole story).

The UK variant is almost 100% of all new UK cases. It's about 2/3 on new Netherlands cases, according to this story from Reuters

Netherlands cases

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Netherlands 7 day moving average is 4258, UK is 10882 (about 2.5 times greater) (from Worldometers). UK pop is about 4 times greater, so the UK is actually doing better based on 7 day moving average (I know its not the whole story).
You aren't accounting for population.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
Kailani is also in Australia.

Karen-W

Skaters competing this weekend at Challenge Cup and Sophia Trophy for Worlds TES minimums:

* = country has at least one skater with both TES minimums already
Need SP min only
Need FS min only

Scores are relatively close in both segments

Men: 34/64
CC - Jari Kessler CRO SP/FS, Georgii Reshtenko* CZE SP/FS, Mate Borocz HUN SP/FS, Andras Csernoch HUN SP/FS, Donovan Carrillo Suazo MEX FS, Kornel Witkowski POL* SP/FS, Aleix Gabara ESP SP/FS, Tomas Laurenc Guarino ESP SP/FS, Arnau Joly ESP SF/FS
ST - Alexander Zlatkov BUL* SP/FS, Mikhail Shaidorov KAZ SP/FS, Davide Lewton-Brain MON FS

Ladies: 30/51
CC - Emmy Ma TPE SP/FS, Emilea Zingas CYP SP (competing at ST also), Maia Sorensen DEN* SP/FS, Bernadett Szigeti HUN* FS, Nelli Ioffe ISR SP/FS, Viktoriia Iushchenkova ISR SP/FS, Taylor Morris ISR FS, Anete Lace LAT* SP/FS, Andrea Montesinos Cantu MEX SP/FS, Lindsay Van Zundert NED* SP, Victoria Velarde PER SP/FS
ST - Ivelina Baicheva BUL* SP/FS, Simona Gospidinova BUL* SP/FS, Kristina Grigorova BUL* SP/FS, Maria Ilinova BUL* SP/FS, Mariya Levushkina BUL* SP/FS, Emilea Zingas CYP SP (competing at CC also), Nikola Rychtarikova CZE* SP/FS, Yasmin Tekik KAZ* SP/FS, Antonina Dubinina SRB SP/FS, Dasa Grm SLO FS, Anna La Porta SUI* SP, Sinem Pekder SP/FS, Zeynep Dilruba Sanoglu TUR SP/FS
NOTE - Hana Cvijanovic CRO SP/FS is listed as competing in the Junior Ladies at Sophia Trophy but I think this is an error and she is actually competing in Senior Ladies since she is too old for Juniors

Pairs: 27/44
Sara Conti/Niccolo Macii ITA* SP, Nika Osipova/Dmitry Epstein NED* SP/FS, Dorota Broda/Pedro Betegon Martin ESP SP/FS, Greta Crafoord/John Crafoord SWE SP/FS, Alexandra Herbrikova/Nicolas Roulet SUI FS

Dance: 33/47
NONE

Karen-W

Skaters competing this weekend at Challenge Cup and Sophia Trophy for Worlds TES minimums:

Need SP min only
Need FS min only

Ladies: 30/51
Emmy Ma TPE SP/FS, Emilea Zingas CYP SP (competing at ST also), Bernadett Szigeti HUN* FS, Nelli Ioffe ISR SP/FS, Taylor Morris ISR FS, Lindsay Van Zundert NED* SP
Update now that the Challenge Cup Ladies SP scores are available!

Congratulations to Ma, Van Zundert, Zingas, and Ioffe for earning the SP minimums. Zingas and VZ are now qualified for Worlds.

Good luck to Ma, Ioffe, Morris and Szigeti in the FS tomorrow!

Karen-W

Emmy Ma TPE and Nelli Ioffe ISR earned their FS mins this morning and are now qualified for Worlds!!!

This weekend will be busy with the CC Men & Pairs as well as both singles categories at ST (plus Russian Cup Finals so we will see who earns places on their Worlds team).

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Emmy Ma TPE and Nelli Ioffe ISR earned their FS mins this morning and are now qualified for Worlds!!!
@Karen-W , have you happened to keep track of how many ladies have qualified to Worlds additionally this year on top of the 2020 rosters? I'm guessing it has to be somewhere around 42 and seven full warm-up groups, with more potentially coming from video reviews.

Karen-W

@Karen-W , have you happened to keep track of how many ladies have qualified to Worlds additionally this year on top of the 2020 rosters? I'm guessing it has to be somewhere around 42 and seven full warm-up groups, with more potentially coming from video reviews.
No, I haven't done that. There haven't been many extra qualifiers until this weekend's competitions. I'll see if I can find time over the weekend to do that.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I counted quickly and I'm at 42- but I am wondering how Isadora Williams was scheduled to compete last year? Was it pending a late-season competition to get the mins? Also, have we heard anything regarding Perticheto, Yi Christy Leung, or Kropa (LTU)?

Grm and Matos are two of the closest skaters to the mins, so that would bump it up to 44 max, plus anyone else that may get through a video monitoring or last minute competition.

ARM AUS AUT AZE BEL BLR BRA* BUL CAN CAN CHN TPE CYP CZE EST FIN FRA GEO GER GBR HKG* HUN ISR ITA JPN JPN JPN LAT LTU* NED PHI* POL RUS RUS RUS KOR KOR SWE SUI UKR USA USA [still trying: SLO ESP]

Karen-W

I counted quickly and I'm at 42- but I am wondering how Isadora Williams was scheduled to compete last year? Was it pending a late-season competition to get the mins? Also, have we heard anything regarding Perticheto, Yi Christy Leung, or Kropa (LTU)?

Grm and Matos are two of the closest skaters to the mins, so that would bump it up to 44 max, plus anyone else that may get through a video monitoring or last minute competition.

ARM AUS AUT AZE BEL BLR BRA* BUL CAN CAN CHN TPE CYP CZE EST FIN FRA GEO GER GBR HKG* HUN ISR ITA JPN JPN JPN LAT LTU* NED PHI* POL RUS RUS RUS KOR KOR SWE SUI UKR USA USA [still trying: SLO ESP]
Kropa got her mins last week so I assume she will be there.

olympic

Thanks. The 14 pg. ISU memo was easier to read than anticipated. Question - Will there be spectators? The chart shows a green bubble outside of the 4 levels that seems to leave the idea of spectators open ... However, they are not mentioned anywhere in the memo

Sylvia

TBD
Will there be spectators?
According to the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2021 Questions and Answers document (linked from the 2021 Worlds FAQ page): https://isu.org/docman-documents-li...ments-96/25494-wfsc2021-general-qa-media/file

Will there be public allowed inside the Ericsson Globe?
Currently the Swedish government does not allow any spectators. However if the situation were to
improve and the Swedish government lifts the restrictions, a small number of spectators could be
allowed.
The ISU and the Organizing Committee would evaluate the situation if it were to change and take into
consideration all aspects to guarantee a safe environment.

Last edited:

olympic

According to the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2021 Questions and Answers document (linked from the 2021 Worlds FAQ page): https://isu.org/docman-documents-li...ments-96/25494-wfsc2021-general-qa-media/file

Currently the Swedish government does not allow any spectators. However if the situation were to
improve and the Swedish government lifts the restrictions, a small number of spectators could be
allowed.
The ISU and the Organizing Committee would evaluate the situation if it were to change and take into
Thanks! It seems it will look like SkAm or Nationals rather than Russian or JPN events

greenapple

allowed.
This is a very old post from the ISU. People who have contacted the Swedish organizing committee in the past few days say they have been told no fans will be permitted.

npavel

This is a very old post from the ISU. People who have contacted the Swedish organizing committee in the past few days say they have been told no fans will be permitted.
Hi,

No fans are permitted.
"Because of the current pandemic and the local restrictions that are in place today in Stockholm, we cannot have any tickets for sale to the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2021. There will not be any audience on site. Our main goal right now is to create an event that is safe for the participants. " https://stockholm2021.se/tickets/

Health and safety is our top priority

The ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2021 at the Ericsson Globe Arena in Stockholm are just five weeks away. An unforgettable week during which the world’s top figure skaters will compete for a raft of Championship titles. The health and safety of skaters and their teams are our absolute top priority. The entire Championships will be held in a so-called “bubble” where everyone will be tested and quarantined in the Globe arena and its on-site hotel.

Karen-W

Need SP min only
Need FS min only

Men: 34/64
CC - Georgii Reshtenko* CZE SP/FS, Donovan Carrillo Suazo MEX FS,Tomas Laurenc Guarino ESP SP/FS
This morning at Challenge Cup only 2 guys who were looking for it achieved the SP minimum - Reshtenko and Guarino. Hopefully they can also, along with Carrillo, also earn the FS minimums tomorrow!

Karen-W

Need SP min only
Need FS min only

Pairs: 27/44
Sara Conti/Niccolo Macii ITA* SP, Nika Osipova/Dmitry Epstein NED* SP/FS, Alexandra Herbrikova/Nicolas Roulet SUI FS
Conti/Macii and Osipova/Epstein earned the TES minimums. Herbrikova/Roulet are looking hard-pressed after a very bad SP to be in the shape they need to earn their FS minumums but we'll see.

C/M are now qualified as the alternates for Italy's Worlds team (Della Monica/Guarise and Ghilardi/Ambrosini have the two spots).

skategal

Bunny mama
The 2020-2021 season entry for the ISU world standing is empty. I wonder how ISU will draw the order at the worlds.

Eeney, meeney, miney, mo....

(I’ll let myself out now...) :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information