The Fifth ISU Grand Prix and the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final of the 2023/24 Allotted to Espoo and Beijing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gris

不做奴才做公民

The ISU Council decided to allot the organization of the fifth ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating event to Espoo (FIN) which will take place on November 17-19, 2023 and the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final will return to Beijing (CHN) on December 7-10, 2023.

The 2023/24 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series and Final are thus planned according to the following schedule with the pending cities to be announced later in the year:

1. ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating – Skate America: October 20-22, 2023 – TBA (USA)
  2. ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating – Skate Canada International: October 27-29, 2023 – Vancouver (CAN)
  3. ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating – Grand Prix de France: Novembre 3-5, 2023 – Angers (FRA)
  4. ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating – Cup of China: November 10-12, 2023 – Chongqing (CHN)
  5. ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating – Grand Prix Espoo: November 17-19, 2023 – Espoo (FIN)
  6. ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating – NHK Trophy: November 24-26, 2023 – Osaka (JPN)
  7. ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final (Junior & Senior): December 7-10, 2023 – Beijing (CHN)

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Whelp, the ISU is chasing the dollar signs wherever it can. It's not like butts were filling the seats anywhere this season so far, so why not try China?

I'm a little surprised Italy didn't bid for the 5th GP. They could really use those host spots.

Karen-W

Also, note that Osaka is hosting both a JGP and a GP this season.

Nice of the ISU to let the host feds announce their GP locations before the ISU announced them, lol. Skate Canada back to Vancouver and GPdF back to Angers.

Rhumba d’Amour

And of course USFS is last minute again with the SA location. :drama:

Anyone hear any rumors about the location?
Let’s speculate. Will we return to any former locations—Norwood MA, Las Vegas, Lake Placid, etc? Or will it be somewhere new and exciting?

SidelineSkater

I know the answer - how can other countries select their GP host city and USFS can't announce without a few months notice for planning. Yes, there are more location options here, but it really helps for travel plans.

I think I'll be in Europe the week or so before SA and probably can't swing two trips so close together. My timing is bad - we're leaving right before the start of Finlandia Trophy...but we will be in Antwerp the weekend prior for the World Gymnastics Championships event finals...so there's that!

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Whelp, the ISU is chasing the dollar signs wherever it can. It's not like butts were filling the seats anywhere this season so far, so why not try China?

I'm a little surprised Italy didn't bid for the 5th GP. They could really use those host spots.
Given today’s international news…Will Pres Xi insist on Russian skaters? 🇷🇺 🇨🇳

Karen-W

Y'all just had it in Boston.

While I know some don't care for Las Vegas, it would be nice to see it in a different part of the country. Maybe Atlanta or DFW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information