The Fifth ISU Grand Prix and the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final of the 2023/24 Allotted to Espoo and Beijing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ice coverage

USFS site now has page for 2023 Skate America in Allen, Texas.

So far, it shows tentative schedule:

Thursday, Oct. 19​
Practices Only​
Friday, Oct. 20​
Pairs Short Program​
Mens Short Program​
Saturday, Oct. 21​
Ice Dance Rhythm Dance​
Ladies Short Program​
Pairs Free Skate​
Mens Free Skate​
Sunday, Oct. 22​
Ice Dance Free Dance​
Ladies Free Skate​

https://www.usfigureskating.org/event/2023-skate-america

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
USFS site now has page for 2023 Skate America in Allen, Texas.

So far, it shows tentative schedule:

Thursday, Oct. 19​
Practices Only​
Friday, Oct. 20​
Pairs Short Program​
Mens Short Program​
Saturday, Oct. 21​
Ice Dance Rhythm Dance​
Ladies Short Program​
Pairs Free Skate​
Mens Free Skate​
Sunday, Oct. 22​
Ice Dance Free Dance​
Ladies Free Skate​

https://www.usfigureskating.org/event/2023-skate-america
Thank you USFS for putting dance first Saturday and Sunday, as I’ll be 8 hours ahead!

ChillSkate

I've been off the grid for a couple of weeks - has there been any announcements about ticket sales for Skate America? I reviewed the page linked above, but I know this group is often in the know beyond the publicly available information.

ChillSkate

Does anyone know where the general public can go today at 4 pm to buy tickets? I've scoured the US Figure Skating, Ticketmaster, and Skate Club of Dallas websites and cannot find any information on tickets or where to buy them. Appreciate any guidance!

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Does anyone know where the general public can go today at 4 pm to buy tickets? I've scoured the US Figure Skating, Ticketmaster, and Skate Club of Dallas websites and cannot find any information on tickets or where to buy them. Appreciate any guidance!
The email from USFS only said that the FOFS window would close at 4 ET today. It didn't specifically say that tickets to the general public would go on sale then. They sometimes have another presale for USFS members first.

CassAgain

Anyone have any information about this?

nguyhm

I still don't see tickets for Skate America available for purchase on the website. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

TanithandBenFan

I called and got a voicemail message that did not offer any helpful information.
I was curious what's going on so I called and talked to someone in the box office. He immediately said, "Oh tickets are on sale." To which I informed him that they are not on Ticketmaster. He knew about the FOFS presale and I told him usually the general public is given access a day or two after the presale. He said the only other information he was given was individual tickets will go on sale in late July. He was not understanding that all-event tickets should not just be available to FOFS members right now. He said he's going to ask around and will email me what he finds out. In the meantime I shot an email to USFS asking them what the deal is. Wouldn't be surprised if they jacked this up somehow.

ETA: Already received an email back from the box office:

So I checked and it does seem like General Sale is delayed until late July / early August because the organization wants to time it with their announcements.

Currently only presale is available to select groups designated by them. Apologies for the inconvenience!

So they're not going to make a formal announcement of the event until July/August? Makes no sense to delay it since they already let FOFS members buy their tickets.

Last edited:

YukiNieve

Skate Amerca's venue is listed as TBA in ISU Communication No. 2565 and I was wondering about it.

TanithandBenFan

I received a reply from USFS that confirmed public ticket sales will not be until July. I understand they wanted to hold the announcement a fair amount of time after the tragedy, but this month's SKATING magazine states that tickets are on sale to everyone. I know that was printed before May, but they're just confusing everyone all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information