Comfort Food (Yum)

Cachoo

Favorite burger, slice of pizza, dessert, Mom's best dish-----what is your favorite comfort food????? Restaurant or home cooked.....

hanca

Values her privacy
Chocolate
Ice cream, but only the nice ones - Haagen das or Ben and Jerry
Sweet wine
Mashed potatoes with chicken in cheese creamy sauce
Chicken korma
Thai green curry
Lasagne

Anemone

Baked potatoes
My Mom's homemade soup & rolls
My Dad's homemade baked beans
Toast
Any baking by my Mom.

hanca

Values her privacy
creamy dreamy cheesecake. 😍😍😍 I have a real simple cheesecake recipe with just 4 ingredients and its silky smooth heaven. especially when you put in extra cream cheese. :rofl:
Can you post it here? 4 ingredients cheesecake sounds beautiful!

BaileyCatts

Can you post it here? 4 ingredients cheesecake sounds beautiful!

Its yyyuuummmmmmmmyyyyyyyyy. :D

8 ounce cream cheese block
14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla

1 graham cracker crust (okay 5 ingredients). I just buy the pre-made crusts from the baking aisle. :D

Put the first 4 ingredients in a bowl and beat it until its creamy smooth. Pour in the crust and put it in the fridge for 4-5 hours so it gets firm. Done and Delicious! 😍

I let the cream cheese sit out a little bit so it softens to make it easier to beat. And sometimes I toss in a extra little 4 oz. block of cream cheese to make it even more creamy and rich. :D

ilovepaydays

Mashed potatoes
French fries
Potato chips
Macaroni & cheese
Chicken & dumplings
Fettuccine Alfredo
Penne with vodka sauce
Rice noodles stir fried with peanut sauce and veggies
Lasagna
Gnocchi

Basically, something made with either potatoes or pasta. :lol:

Cachoo

I think of the first day when it is truly sweater weather and I always want the warm, cheesy, tomatoey goodness of lasagna or pizza or a number of ooey, gooey pasta dishes.

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
As this summer is so hot and I'm losing my appetite right now...
sushi & soba
watermelon & grapes
shaved ice with strawberry syrup

Japanfan

I think of the first day when it is truly sweater weather and I always want the warm, cheesy, tomatoey goodness of lasagna or pizza or a number of ooey, gooey pasta dishes.

We had tuna casserole tonight. It's one of our go-to cold weather meals. And this summer in the Pacific Northwest has been mostly cool. It was pouring rain for about 24 hours a few days ago - and August is usually dry and hot.

clairecloutier

We had tuna casserole tonight. It's one of our go-to cold weather meals. And this summer in the Pacific Northwest has been mostly cool. It was pouring rain for about 24 hours a few days ago - and August is usually dry and hot.

We also had tuna casserole last night. :) In my husband's family, this is one of their go-to comfort food dishes.

My biggest comfort food fave is pasta. I have sooo many pasta recipes that I love, usually involving vegetables and cheese. If I go more than 5 or 6 days without pasta of some sort, I'll start to crave it.

Another is rice & beans. As with pasta, I have so many recipes that are variants on the rice & beans theme. Everything from Goya black bean soup with rice (quick-dinner fave) to Indian dal makhni to Mediterranean lentils & rice. Not to mention many bean soups.

quartz

scratching at the light
Old fashioned home cooking - my meatloaf, soup, spaghetti and chili.
The husband’s beef stew, grilled salmon, roast pork loin, turkey pot pie, and bbq hamburgers.
Grilled cheese and tomato soup.
Lasagna.
Battered pickerel.
Corn on the cob.
Toasted tomato sandwiches.
Ice cream.
Cookie dough.

I’m only ever going to be a curvy girl. :lol:

hanca

Values her privacy
Crepes with a lot of sweet toppings
Milkshakes, but not just the basic ones. It needs to be the nice ones, done from the chocolate bars such as Mars bar milkshake, fererro roche milkshake, maltesers milkshake, kinder bueno milkshake etc.

Japanfan

Mine is just cooked macaroni with a quart of home bottled tomatoes. Salt and pepper to taste. Some people like butter on it too.

In view, pasta needs a fat. If not the better in KD, then some olive oil, or a roux.

hanca

Values her privacy
In view, pasta needs a fat. If not the better in KD, then some olive oil, or a roux.
Pasta need creamy sauce. Gorgonzola cream sauce, or mushroom and cream, or bacon with cream... not sure why, but potato sauce is not doing it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information