2023 Eurovision - What’s the Scouse for douze points chuck?

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
It wasn’t John Lydon, there was something on BBC Breakfast this morning but didn’t give it my full attention as was getting ready for work.

3T3T

This is our winning song, ‘We are one’ by Wild Youth.

I think it has a chance to qualify. I hope RTE get behind it and work on the staging. I was surprised by his vocals, better than I expected. Connolly was the supposed favourite but I found her vocal weak but the song built to a strong finish, she was second. I was quite impressed by the Longford rappers, much better than I expected.

Jedward were on the panel and gave plenty of expert advice. I enjoyed the opening montage over the LLS intro of great Eurovision moments. The interval was a medley of Eurovision classics rounded of by Niamh Kavanagh singing ‘In your eyes’ 30 years after her victory in Millstreet. I remember that win, it was a great night, I feel old 😢

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
I was quite impressed by the Longford rappers, much better than I expected.
The backing dancers with €5 umbrellas was a bit literal and cringe though. :yikes:

RTE really do not have a clue about Eurovision. It needs to be outsourced to someone who does.

Finnice

Finland will be represented by Käärijä, the song is called Cha-Cha-Cha.
No comments.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Finland will be represented by Käärijä, the song is called Cha-Cha-Cha.
No comments.
Here a link:

I haven't listened to it yet, but lots of Eurovision fans are tipping this to do really well in the televoting at least.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Well we have finals next weekend and all I can say after watching the last two semi's is there was not one song I could be arsed to vote for, nothing worth spending $2 a vote on. This year is a dud.

shah

Shhh... shhh...
Well, my country has just picked this :rolleyes::

What can I say? Good luck, I suppose...

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Tickets going on sale tomorrow.

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
I’ve just watched the UK entry. It sounds like a suitable Eurovision song, and it’s still in my head so it must be kind of catchy, I guess, I can’t say I love it though. I can see people thinking it’s ok, but probably not one they must vote for…
I think anything would be a letdown after Spaceman though, and it could be worse.

YouTube video link

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I’ve just watched the UK entry. It sounds like a suitable Eurovision song, and it’s still in my head so it must be kind of catchy, I guess, I can’t say I love it though. I can see people thinking it’s ok, but probably not one they must vote for…
I think anything would be a letdown after Spaceman though, and it could be worse.

YouTube video link
It's catchy. Seems like a song Taylor Swift would write ;)

Peepsquick

Well, I think that many countries chose this year to ride the "sexy" wave that rewarded Spain last year. After a while, they all look and sound alike! Sorry, I'm getting Eurovision blues!

Last edited:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I managed to watch about 20 seconds of Noa Kirel's Eurovision song, Unicorn :scream:

Clearly I am not the target audience.
I had huge hopes because I really like some of her music, but I listened this morning and the song is all over the place and not the least bit catchy. Sigh.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
This is Iceland's pick. I chose the live version to share:

I think it will get lost in the semi's, rather generic. I think it was the best choice in what was a very lacklustre selection this year. A lot of the pre-final favourites weren't as impressive with their live singing and show.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Germany is sending some Glam Rock/Metal band called Lord of the Lost.

Not sure where it will end up, but at least it's not some generic boring pop shit by some "artist" no one in Doucheland has ever heard about before.
I think it's also the first time Germany is sending a rock band of some sorts.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member

YouTube video link
I love it, sounds like proper ”Euro Holiday” music. Give me some Fanta lemon and some Lays Paprika crisps and I’m imagining the Med.

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
Germany is sending some Glam Rock/Metal band called Lord of the Lost.

Not sure where it will end up, but at least it's not some generic boring pop shit by some "artist" no one in Doucheland has ever heard about before.
I think it's also the first time Germany is sending a rock band of some sorts.
Oh wow! :cheer:

First listen, I’m not crazy about the vocals but I really love the music! I think I’ll be listening to this a lot and I’ll definitely vote for it in the final.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information