2021 Lake Placid Ice Dance International, Aug. 12-15 (in Norwood, MA w/ Cranberry Cup & Open)

shan

Are we getting another exhibition at the end of the FD competition? I thought Ces/Yehorov were last.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
The ARM are about 7 points over their PB in both RD and FD. IIRC Green/Parsons had a fall in the RD.
That's fine, I still feel the difference in those FD's has to be in TES, not PCS. Or it should be.

Sylvia

TBD
Final standings: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2021/30066/CAT001SEG002.html

GOLD Caroline GREEN / Michael PARSONS, USA 65.78 (2) 109.20 (1) 174.98
SILVER Tina GARABEDIAN / Simon PROULX-SENECAL, ARM 68.80 (1) 102.19 (2) 170.99
BRONZE Molly CESANEK / Yehor YEHOROV, USA 65.10 (4) 101.02 (3) 166.12
4 Holly HARRIS / Jason CHAN, AUS 64.75 (5) 95.12 (4) 159.87 (tiebreaker is FD score)
5 Eva PATE / Logan BYE, USA 65.24 (3) 94.63 (5) 159.87
6 Yura MIN / Daniel EATON, KOR 62.63 (7) 94.61 (6) 157.24
7 Lorraine MCNAMARA / Anton SPIRIDONOV, USA 62.97 (6) 92.15 (8) 155.12
8 Jennifer JANSE van RENSBURG / Benjamin STEFFAN, GER 59.99 (8) 94.41 (7) 154.40
9 Chantelle KERRY / Andrew DODDS, AUS 59.10 (9) 89.88 (9) 148.98
10 Sasha FEAR / George WADDELL, GBR 55.00 (11) 86.30 (10) 141.30
11 Shira ICHILOV / Laurent ABECASSIS, ISR 56.05 (10) 84.69 (11) 140.74
12 Yuliia ZHATA / Berk AKALIN, TUR 50.30 (12) 77.85 (13) 128.15
13 Mariia NOSOVITSKAYA / Mikhail NOSOVITSKIY, ISR 47.00 (14) 79.42 (12) 126.42
14 Jenna HERTENSTEIN / Damian BINKOWSKI, POL 50.09 (13) 75.67 (14) 125.76
15 Klara KOWAR / TJ CAREY, USA 44.95 (15) 65.47 (15) 110.42
16 Riona HARRIS / Tyler VOLLMER, USA 30.64 (17) 37.64 (16) 68.28

WD after RD: Livvy SHILLING / Ryan O'DONNELL, USA 43.86 (16)

Elizabeth BERNARDI / Ronald ZILBERBERG (ISR) are skating their FD (to Cinema Paradiso) as an exhibition after the comp. like they did for the RD yesterday.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I might have missed the discussion in this thread yesterday, but does anyone know why they are just exhibiting and not competing?
Maybe they paid a special fee just to be seen & silently judged? A pretty program. :)

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
Did she use to skate for another country? Pure speculation, but since they seem to be in competitive shape I can only assume there was some administrative reason why they didn’t compete.

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
I might have missed the discussion in this thread yesterday, but does anyone know why they are just exhibiting and not competing?

I wonder if there was something that made them think they couldn’t skate that got resolved like a visa issue, Covid false positive, injury that turned out not to be as bad as it seemed, something like that?

Dobre

The question is, will it be enough by Nebelhorn to confirm the 2nd British Olympics spot? I'm thinking no. They're behind the Armenians, both Australian teams, the Koreans, the top Israeli team, and a lower-ranked German team. They're going to be hard-pressed to beat some of the other teams that will be at Nebelhorn like the Georgians and Czechs.
Not a chance.

IIRC Green/Parsons had a fall in the RD.
This.

SaSherka

Green and Parson's free dance was absolutely amazing live. It just drew everyone in because the movement and shapes were very original. Can't wait to see how this dance evolves.
I just watched it in full (missed most of it live due to mistiming) and OMG this alone would have been worth dragging myself to the rink. Now I am going to try and see how this dance evolves during the season.

Last edited:

Cayuse

I thought it was amazing.
I enjoyed this free dance by Caroline and Michael too. I'm glad they tried something different. The lifts need more polishing, but their unison and spacing is so good for a relatively new team. Do you think it was actually choreographed by the Wheaton staff?

sk9tingfan

Yes, @Catherine M has been posting from the arena the whole time.

I enjoyed their free dance but I think it needs to continue to develop. (And seriously, send the costumes to Ollie’s Bargain Basement.)
I would agree with your comments. I didn't lug my laptop and therefore hadn't been keeping up with all the live commentary.

sk9tingfan

I enjoyed this free dance by Caroline and Michael too. I'm glad they tried something different. The lifts need more polishing, but their unison and spacing is so good for a relatively new team. Do you think it was actually choreographed by the Wheaton staff?
I don't know but kept on wondering who choreographed it because it was so different.

platniumangel

I don't know but kept on wondering who choreographed it because it was so different.

yeah, it doesn’t look like WISA choreography. Maybe Ruslan choreographed it? Since he’s newer to the coaching team. They don’t usually let their skaters go outside for choreography. I think the music was a bit drawn out and boring, but the program has the potential to be good. It’s pretty unique. However, those costumes have to go bye bye!

sk9tingfan

yeah, it doesn’t look like WISA choreography. Maybe Ruslan choreographed it? Since he’s newer to the coaching team. They don’t usually let their skaters go outside for choreography. I think the music was a bit drawn out and boring, but the program has the potential to be good. It’s pretty unique. However, those costumes have to go bye bye!

If I remember correctly, they suggested some anatomical references.....

ioana

I definitely got Forsythe/Jerome Robbins ballet vibes which would explain the costume choices. Her dress seemed a little stuck between plain watercolor dress and leotard with a skirt, but there's time to get that changed.

mcb_brahms_handel_dress-278_by_Iziliaev.jpg

Sylvia

TBD

emilieh

Choreographed by Elena Novak and Alexei Kiliakov, the main WISA coaches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information