JGP Linz - Ice Dance RD & FD

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Mouaden/Bigot

Impressive poise and performance quality from the young Frenchies. Great speed and bladework. Could have more clarity in the lift positions, which will probably come as they grow. Gutsy to save the twizzles for last.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
My gosh, they're good. Speed was a little better in the RD, but they're just so sharp and expressive, and the twizzles are amazing!

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Mullen/Mullen

This darker piece is a nice contrast to the lighter RD selection. Deliberate in both one-foot steps and first lift. Would like to see them let go more! Skating very close together. Nice technique carrying them through the elements.

Wyliefan

I'm really liking the Mullens. I think the cheerful mood of their RD suited them a little better, but what a talented team.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Perrier Gianesini/Blanc Klaperman

Longest name since Kriengkrairut/Giulietti-Schmitt. Good levels on the steps. Moving with less speed than the previous two teams. He stepped out of twizzle. Soft and flowy presentation. Another little stumble from her. There's good bones to this program and they are creating a mood. Can't wait to see this again skated a little cleaner.

ETA: I also like how they performed during the lifts, the arm movements still interpreting the music.

Wyliefan

I couldn't get into that. Mark diplomatically says that he's not sure what the story behind the program was supposed to be.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Hmm - Not sure what I think of APG/SBK - there were a couple of off-moments here and there. They'll probably remain in 1st overall, but I think they're going to be 2nd in the FD behind the Mullens.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I thought the Ukrainians looked sloppy after the French and Americans but that’s me.

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
Iryna Pidgaina is another of the very talented and very young skaters in this competition. Lots of personality and great lifts (have they spent time in Oberstdorf? I think one was borrowed from JvR/Steffen) but seem a bit slow after Mullens and PG/BK.

Though the best Robbie Williams programme remains the She’s The One video.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Rare to have such a bland programme from a French team. I blame the snoozy music.
It reminded me a bit of Bekker/Hernandez's free from last season. But I think this team really needs to be clean to make it work because they don't have as much natural charisma.

Wyliefan

The Canadians and the baby Brits look like they're going to a cocktail party right after this. :)

Wyliefan

When Mark is clearly better at the job, it gets old to hear Ted teasing and patronizing him all the time.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Baby Brits - she really is such a ham and star. Having said that, I don't know that I think the "St James Infirmary" section works all that well in this program.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Slatter/Ongay-Perez

Such good knee bend on the steps. S-l-o-w dance spin. Bodies are very expressive--think they could work on the facial expression to bring to the next level. Twizzle sequence that matched the music. Fun rotational lift to end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information