2025 U.S. Nationals in Wichita, KS & Skate America returns to Allen, TX in 2024

YukiNieve

OK...pre-sales starts on Monday and we do not have the information about the seat map as of Sunday evening (10:30PM)? :unsure: (edited)

Last edited:

Poptarts

Do they usually send an email out the day of? I haven’t gotten any emails about the pre sale though I did just join last week.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Anxiously bought section 102 row A before doing much research lol.
If what mattiecats I'd correct about judges placement, it looks to be across the ice, almost center according to the Intrust arenas hockey seating map.

I assume their seating map would be similar to the hockey seating map.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
USFSA really needs to get it together. If they are all volunteer positions I would understand but I would hope they would pay something to organize their events and its ticketing. Have they provided a map or not? If a seating map has not been finalized then why are you announcing the tickets for sale. It literally makes no sense at how unorganized their event are. It is not like they haven't been doing them for 100 years.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Not buying today but it appears the first three rows are P1. P2 is the rest of the lower bowl. I see no option to buy P3 but I would assume upper bowl.

Edit: There are lower bowl seats on the ends that are P3. Starting with row H.

Last edited:

Debbie S

USFSA really needs to get it together. If they are all volunteer positions I would understand but I would hope they would pay something to organize their events and its ticketing. Have they provided a map or not? If a seating map has not been finalized then why are you announcing the tickets for sale. It literally makes no sense at how unorganized their event are. It is not like they haven't been doing them for 100 years.
It appears USFS has outsourced its event mgmt to an outside co. They sent an email about it, maybe it just went to members. Outside org is supposedly handling ticket sales, hotel blocks for fans, programming....basically anything under the heading of 'fan experience'. So these are paid people, not vols. I'm not impressed so far, but if USFS manages the seat mapping, it may be their own disorganization that's the cause.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
Are the judges on 115-117 or what? Why do I care where the kids zone is and beer grade. Grade F for this buying experience.

YukiNieve

Have they published a seating map? I can't find it.
Seating map is on the ticket sales website (you can buy the ticket by picking up the seat).

ETA

OK - I bought tickets for someone who wants to sit on the front row. This is what happened:

• For one thing, you need to have the US-style zip code to finish the purchase. The format does not accept others.
  • She asked me to get 2 tickets where there were 3 seats available and the website said "you cannot leave 1 seat."
  • Canceled that seats and moved to next section and when I was ready to enter more info, "the FOFS code is already used." What!?
  • Rather than deleting the cookies, I switched the browser and was able to buy 2 seats.
  • Moved back to original browser and out of curiosity I tried buy the 2 seats out of 3 available ones I saw earlier and this time it worked! (though I did not finish the process, so who knows).

So this is just a head-up for those who will buy tickets tomorrow - and hopefully it will not be as chaotic as my experience today, lol.

Last edited:

Carolla5501

I admire those of you who have the patience to deal with the garbage that US figure skating puts out.

Nothing I’ve read here the last couple days has made me eager to buy tickets tomorrow discount or no discount. I have a feeling I’ll be watching this one on Peacock or whatever pathetic streaming service US figure skating hooks up with

ice coverage

I don’t have an actual seat map but I did find out that judges are in front of 116 and K&C in front of 122/123, if that helps.

OK, the map does not say K&C, lol

It's odd that the entire Section 103 is grayed out. They don't usually block out a whole section opposite of the judges.

Does seat map that is visible to FOFS members today give confirmation that judges will be in front of Section 116?

I see from YukiNieve's post that the map does not give Kiss and Cry location. 🤔
Just trying to prepare for my possible ticket purchase tomorrow.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Does seat map that is visible to FOFS members today give confirmation that judges will be in front of Section 116?
Does not say judges but there are no front row seats in that section, or the two on either side. Also, only raised section seats on 121/122 end. Pretty reasonable that the judges and KnC info provided is
correct.

I also found 103 being greyed out odd. I also couldn’t get 126 to open to see price range in that area. I click on it and it takes me to 125 seats.

waltzonice

• Canceled that seats and moved to next section and when I was ready to enter more info, "the discount code is already used." What!?
Was your "discount code" for FOFS or for 25% off from buying Boston Worlds tickets?

Thanks for sharing your buying experience. Great info! I'll hope for the best when I try and buy my tickets tomorrow.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
In the Witchia hockey arena seating map, section 103 indicates club seating. I know that you can't always compare what the TYPICAL arena set up for that arenas similar function to how USFS will set up tickets, but it is always worth looking at the general arena map.

Now what Witchia set up for club seating is, I don't know.

Gayo

Oh and must warn y’all to mentally prepare for the convenience fee. Mine was 800 and some bucks I believe.
Are the tickets purchased through Ticketmaster or the arena in which case a password will need to be established.

Sfiers

The fees are outrageous. I bought $490 tickets. The fees were $181 + $6. Ticket total was $677. I called US Figure skating. They knew that fees would be higher but I could tell they had no clue how much. They are going to take A bath on this one.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
The fees are outrageous. I bought $490 tickets. The fees were $181 + $6. Ticket total was $677. I called US Figure skating. They knew that fees would be higher but I could tell they had no clue how much. They are going to take A bath on this one.

A 40% fee????? WTFFFF

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information