FSU Watch Party Saturday #3: 1999 Worlds Ladies LP [2:30pm CDT/8:30pm CET]

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Another one of my favorite Kwan programs (this and Taj Mahal). Just stunning.

However, I never really liked this dress, I wanted something darker and more dramatic.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
The fact that four judges gave Malinina the nod over Kwan in this free skate, even though Michelle still did more triples. Baffling. For me, clear second in this segment BUT.... Gusmeroli was robbed of the silver medal overall with all things considered. Fight me.

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
Single axel, no Michelle

3lutz and 3flip in the end??

Well fought silver medal, but this was disappointing considering I trusted Peggy Fleming when she said Michelle would need to leave the building in order to lose the title

VGThuy

Bad skate for Kwan but a bad skate included 6 clean triples and possibly 7 if we use IJS standards.

VGThuy

I think Chris and Simon don’t understand a champion’s mindset. It wasn’t a meltdown but Kwan wouldn’t be happy with a skate like that no matter where she placed.

VGThuy

I think at the time, Frank probably made Kwan zone everything else out so she wasn’t going to be doing any math in-between the SP and LP.

VGThuy

I’m just going to say it, Kwan had the performance of the entire competition in the gala with her Red Violin performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information