Harry and Meghan wedding chat- the build up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Who has peace? At least she will have money, name and fame. She will be in history books and on magazine covers. She won't have to worry about retirement or healthcare or feeding her family... Peace and happiness is something that they do have control over because they only have to control their minds.

^^ Yep, but that latter is true for every human. :) We have only to try and gain control over our thought processes, and silence those distracting chattering voices inside our heads. :lol: As far as Meghan, if you check out her Instagram and some of the pre-Harry interviews on Youtube, it will tell you quite a bit about her character, I think. She seems to be someone unafraid to live life with ambition, confidence, joy, daring, thanksgiving, and above all, giving back to others.

I don't know about Meghan necessarily desiring to be in history books, but yeah the mainstream top mag covers are a result of her dating and becoming engaged to Prince Harry. Before that, Meghan appeared on the covers and/or in some other lesser known magazines on her own merits, including: Jumeirah (travel magazine); Miami Living; Best Health & Fitness; Splash (Chicago lifestyle & fashion); British Elle; Ebony; Maxim; Gritty Pretty (Australian online fashion & beauty magazine), et al.

Meghan was already independently wealthy and successful. She didn't actually need Prince Harry, but I do think their falling in love is genuine. I take cues from a couple of things Meghan has said. In their recent joint interview she said this when describing how they first met through a mutual friend who wanted to set them up: "The first thing I asked was, 'Is he kind?' If he wasn't kind, it wouldn't have been worth it [i.e., meeting with Prince Harry]." In the October issue of Vanity Fair, Meghan told the interviewer: "I never define myself by my relationships." Swish!
And scroll down to see rare footage of Meghan's interview at the 2016 Create & Cultivate conference in Atlanta:
https://meghanmarklesmafia.tumblr.com/post/168220188408/create-cultivate-atlanta-2016-its-been-said

Obviously, joining the royals comes with some headaches, as well as what we might see as glamorous perks. Read Brian Hoey's book, Not In Front of the Corgis, for an inside look on life behind British palace walls. :) Ms. Markle is up to it because she's a pretty impressive person in her own right. As Harry mentioned he told himself after meeting Meghan: "I've got to up my game." :D I'll bet anything that it was Harry doing the convincing and the wooing initially. But Harry's definitely a likeable fellow. Harry is his mother's son, and Diana was a charming, empathetic, caring human being. It was Harry who said that Diana and Meghan would have been "best friends," and "as thick as thieves."

Anyway wow, being able to take the object of your affection on a first date to an exclusive locale camping underneath the stars in Botswana! Not to mention the Norwegian northern lights vacation, time spent at a unique luxury hotel built inside a cave in Jamaica, and the VIP night visit to London's Museum of Natural History. Of course, this access and exclusivity also comes with a price and a responsibility. I think Harry and Meghan both understand who they are. In addition, they have both experienced enough in their young lives to the point where they seem to fully accept and embrace personal responsibility for their respective blessings and success in the world. Above all, it seems to me that Harry partly fell for Meghan because she was not awed by his title nor by his status as a member of the British Royal Family. And the burdens that have come with dating and marrying Harry do not faze Meghan either. Harry's definitely been looking a long time for love and for 'someone willing to take on' the burdens that come with his royal baggage. I'm happy for them both that they've found each other along with a deep love, built upon similar interests and a synchronous outlook on life.

This recent article indicates that Meghan showed up at the Windsor Castle staff Christmas party last week. Interesting details, although the Daily Mail could have done without including the very old Christmas-themed pics from Meghan's Instagram and from her ancient stint as a cast member on Deal or No Deal:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...g-Royal-Family-RICHARD-KAY.html#ixzz51LgI6g6d
Meghan is now residing in London far away from her immediate family (even though she does have friends who live in London aside from Harry's friends). Thus, it makes sense for her to be invited to Christmas at Sandringham. As has been reported, Meghan will be staying overnight post Sandringham Christmas Eve festivities, with Harry at Will/Kate's nearby Anmer Hall residence. And then the royals will attend the traditional church services on the Sandringham estate on Christmas Day (with the famous photo op of family members walking toward the church). So, we will see Meghan walking with Harry and his family then.

The royal gift shops are getting in on the H&M merchandising: :lol:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5182751/Royals-cash-Harry-Meghan-memorabilia.html

aftershocks

Banned Member
Death in my soul!!!!!!!!! :wuzrobbed

May 19th "weeps"

I suppose that means you can't see the wedding in real time? But never fear, DVD recordings will abound! And although Meghan and Harry will keep their private lives to themselves, I'm looking forward to seeing the occasional photo ops and public engagements, not to mention future photo ops surrounding the birth(s) of their children. One psychic suggests it's in the cards for the first child to be a girl, and the second, a boy. :lol: Hmmm, everything in its own time. We shall find out anon, as Shakespeare might have said. ;)

Now first for those official engagement pics (hopefully one with beagle Guy!!!). :) :dog:

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/941654708661444608/photo/1

Hmmm, I think the following words from Meghan uttered during the October 2016 Create & Cultivate interview I linked earlier, says a lot about who she is and why she's able to handle dating Prince Harry and marrying into the British royal family. She shared an anecdote about her early career ups-and-downs struggling to audition and land work, as an example of the importance of being grateful for her success:

"... I never thought my life would be this awesome ... [on Suits]. I never thought I'd have a show that went for this long. That's crazy ... Every day I'm like, 'There's a fruit basket in my trailer!' What?! It's all still exciting. And I think when you're really grateful for those little things and you don't lose sight of that, is when you can enjoy it, ya know. And that's the point... the whole point is just to enjoy this silly little life ride that we're all on..."

When asked for her best work and life advice, Meghan said:
"Be sure to do something you're passionate about ... The most lasting [advice] that's stuck with me is being kind to yourself ... and talking to yourself the way you would talk to your best friend... [and to stop] beating yourself up over a mistake. If we treat ourselves like our own best friend ... it's like having the best cheerleader ever with you, which helps you get through those work hurdles and those life hurdles because you always have yourself championing yourself... That kindness is really a key. It seems so simple, but it's really a game changer."

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ Whoa! But do we actually know that the royals aren't aware of the historical coincidence? Frankly, even with the engagement announcement, there was lots of symbolism going on purposely as a way to include Diana (her diamonds in Meghan's ring; the photo op in Diana's white garden at KP with Meghan wearing white and green signifying growth, rebirth, blooming; and Harry in royal blue, similar to the color Diana wore on her engagement day). :)

Certainly, the wedding date could just be a coincidence, due to the fact they were juggling logistics and the timing of other events in the royal calendar. But seriously, there are royal historians and royal courtiers who think of these things and who are aware of the royal family's history. I've thought for some time that the union between Harry and Meghan is like a healing of a lot of things for the royal firm: the lovelorn marriage of C&D; the unfortunate circumstances surrounding Edward VIII's abdication, which led to the further tragedies of preventing Margaret from marrying the divorced Peter Townsend; and preventing William of Gloucester from marrying an older divorced woman in the early 1970s which may have precipitated his early death in a plane crash. Indeed Prince Harry is a modern day Henry in formal name only. Harry of course, is highly unlikely to become king, yet how strange is the already discovered coincidence that an ancestor of Meghan's (on her paternal side) Lord John Hussey (1st Baron Sleaford) a courtier to Henry VIII, was later beheaded by Henry (one of many intimates and friends who lost their lives under that Henry's ruthless reign).

Therefore on the same day in May of Anne Boleyn's death, some 450+ years later, a sad and damnable ancient royal family legacy, along with other sad legacies, are possibly redeemed by an historic and beautifully romantic wedding at Windsor Castle (another celebratory redemption for the castle itself which was so severely damaged in the 'annus horribilis' 1992 fire)? How somehow fitting that a tragic beheading footnote writ large in British monarchial and eclessiastical history is replaced by a happy and revolutionary new chapter?!

Think positive. That's surely the way Harry and Meghan roll together. :D No pun intended btw. ;) The young Wales royals' mental health campaign is, after all, known as 'Heads Together!' Not 'heads asunder'... :shuffle: :drama: :p

Vagabond

:duh:

Doesn't she know that if you want to wangle an invitation to a royal wedding, you either invite the happy couple over for dinner or send them a handwritten letter? :X3:

Last edited:

Japanfan

Who has peace? At least she will have money, name and fame. She will be in history books and on magazine covers. She won't have to worry about retirement or healthcare or feeding her family.

May be I sound mean but I have difficulty feeling sorry for people who have it all. I don't envy their good luck but feeling sorry for being lucky? No way.

Can you imagine leading a life so much in the public eye? Having the media follow you wherever you, having to dress the part every day of your life, having your every move (including childbirth) covered by the press, having to always be touring and greeting people and so on?

I would absolutely hate it and don't envy the royals. They have a lot more responsibilities and obligations than other people with money, name and fame.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Can you imagine leading a life so much in the public eye? Having the media follow you wherever you, having to dress the part every day of your life, having your every move (including childbirth) covered by the press, having to always be touring and greeting people and so on?

I would absolutely hate it and don't envy the royals. They have a lot more responsibilities and obligations than other people with money, name and fame.

It's a choice. Some people don't mind being in public eye. They relish it.

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ Yes @Vash01, perhaps when like Meghan they are grounded and truly interested in using their success in life to reach out and help others (and as well also being thankful for every blessing and cognizant of the road they traveled to achieve success and resultant fame). Actually Prince Harry had no choice. He was born into his fame, and he struggled with it until recent years when he began to realize and to relish the opportunity that his status offered him to reach out and help others.

As well, we know (if you've seen the many video features and read articles she's written), Meghan had a well-developed social conscious from a young age. If you check out the AOL Build interview with Meghan on Youtube from a couple of years ago, as well as listen to the Create & Cultivate interview linked earlier, it becomes obvious that Meghan is someone who relishes the adventure of life. And she's also very purposeful and passionate about using her success as a platform to help others. The thing is both Harry and Meghan also enjoy having fun and experiencing life to the fullest, at the same time that they enjoy making a difference for others in need. I learned that about Harry from his own words: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3x-_XgpEvk
"It's so easy to get caught up in all the negativity that goes on in this world. So, I would encourage everyone to do good. Because then you can go to bed at night feeling good about yourself. The good stories are what makes people tick every day. It's fun to be good, and boring to be bad [pause] but you can be naughty as well." ;)

I think Harry learned that last bit from Diana when she told him and William as youngsters that it was okay to be naughty sometimes, as long as they didn't get caught. :lol:

LOL @Vagabond. The Trumps know no shame, eh! BTW, it is 'wangle' not 'wrangle,' unless you suppose Ivanka wishes to argue her way into St. George's Chapel. :rofl: :D Meghan does actually have a thing for handwritten notes! :)

I've heard that hotels are already completely booked in the village of Windsor, and booking to sell-out proportions fast in London for the royal wedding weekend. :drama: :glamor:

This Meghan blog site offers some interesting tidbits about the wedding and Windsor Castle where the reception will take place: http://madaboutmeghan.blogspot.com/ scroll down

ballettmaus

aftershocks

Banned Member
https://us.hellomagazine.com/cuisine/2017121844886/prince-harry-meghan-markle-royal-wedding-menu/
The London restaurant's 'royal wedding' menu sounds interesting. Banana pudding was one of my favorite Mom-made desserts growing up! Yum. But now bananas, although I still enjoy, can be a bit fattening. Kiwis provide as much or more potassium and are also tasty. I guess banana cake can be good if made right. I'd have to pass on Botswanian Seswaa, since it's a beef/goat meat dish. Turkey meatloaf is right up my alley, and well-made tender roast chicken can taste delightful. Botswana's Malva pudding sounds absolutely delicious. I'll have seconds of that dessert! Of course I've never tasted it before but the mix of ingredients is Yum!
http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/malva-pudding-south-african-baked-dessert-118545

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/dec/18/meghan-markle-prince-harry-memorabilia-engagement :lol: The mug is very nice. But will it be sold on Amazon? More likely on Ebay after the fact. :D

https://us.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2017121844832/meghan-markle-crowned-woman-of-year/

Peaches LaTour

Carolla5501

What a nasty response you made to my post! I posted on this thread to wish the young couple happiness, which I do, even though I am not a royal watcher.
My comments of overall exaggeration by some of interest in this marriage in the U.S., is definitely reflective of the feelings in the area where I live whether you like that opinion or not, that's the way it is.
I have a right to post any time I want & I definitely try not to be rude to others simply because I don't agree with their opinion. Maybe you can learn to do the same.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Harry & Meghan spotted on the way to Christmas lunch at BP. Someone has already grabbed 'GingerNutmeg' tag on Twitter. It figures. :p Nutmeg is Meghan's nickname, and Harry is a ginger. Somehow these two spices are working magic together. ;)

https://twitter.com/Harklestan
http://meghansmirror.com/royal-engagement-style/meghan-markle-queens-christmas-luncheon/
http://madaboutmeghan.blogspot.com/
http://www.meghansfashion.com/what-meghan-wore

Royal fashionistas figure this is what Meghan was wearing: http://meghansmirror.com/product/meghan-markle-self-portrait-dress/

This is too hilarious: responses to Ivanka Trump's congratulatory tweets to H&M (i.e., her obvious attempt to curry favor and possibly wangle an invite to the royal wedding). :lol: :rofl:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...rkle-prince-harry_us_5a341d3de4b01d429cc89939

Here's another take on Ivanka's tweet by The Washington Post:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-to-the-royal-wedding/?utm_term=.1a2c4fd6a3f0

Eh, so what that Meghan sought out Ivanka for a TigTalk session when she launched her lifestyle website. That was back in 2014 or so when Meghan was a relative unknown, 'gushing' in flattery-mode, enterprising businesswoman. Meghan is beyond that now. She closed down The Tig eons ago. ;) It's not a surprise that Meghan would have initially admired Ivanka, while later taking exception to DT when he ran for U.S. president! I think a lot of people have previously admired Ivanka's beauty and smarts. But it all just looks brazen on her now. Sadly for Ivanka's own brand and image, she should have tried to warn her Dad against seeking U.S. Presidential notoriety as a ploy to further the Trump family fortunes. Dad and hubby should have stayed in the real estate, entertainment and name-branding spheres. They are completely and drastically out of their element in the Oval office.

Apparently, Meghan and Harry will be having an intimate family wedding with only very close friends and family invited, along with friendly business, political, and charity-related acquaintances (including the Obamas, and possibly the Bidens). Some of the posts in the comments section on the WP article are whoa! Particularly this one:

"I know someone who knows someone who was in the room as the royal family watched the result of [the U.S.] presidential election last November. They were absolutely horrified. I mean like covering their mouths/silence horrified. There is only one way [Ivanka] will get invited and that’s if she’s the plus one of someone they DO want. But I can’t imagine who in the world would be stupid enough to risk his or her friendship with the royal family for flash in the I-Panka."

Since Jared is even more unlikely to be invited, I don't see how Ivanka can manage to become someone in the royal inner circle's plus one. :rofl: :lol: A designer friend possibly? Not unheard of I suppose, but highly unlikely because there's no one "stupid enough to risk" an already secure insider friendship with the royals.

PDilemma

I usually hate the nitpicky critiques of royal women's clothing. So I can't believe I'm saying this.

I don't get the gown on her in those pictures. It doesn't go with his blue suit in terms of color or style--he's wearing a day time suit and she's wearing a couture gown. Very strange choice.

I'm not sure I like the gown, either. But maybe on a red carpet or at a gala it would read better.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Totally agree about the gown which is a $75,000 dress.
She is taking heat around the web for it.

I think she need a little bit of Kate. There was a picture of the Harry & Meghan with Meghan wearing a black coat. I reminded me of Kate in a stunning white coat, that was perfectly buttoned and set at the hem so all was even. Meghan's coat was askew at the bottom, just enough so I though....I wonder why no one straightened it out for her.

Last edited:

PDilemma

Totally agree about the gown which is a $75,000 dress.
She is taking heat around the web for it.

I think she need a little bit of Kate. There was a picture of the Harry & Meghan with Meghan wearing a black coat. I reminded me of Kate in a stunning white coat, that was perfectly buttoned and set at the hem so all was even. Meghan's coat was askew at the bottom, just enough so I though....I wonder why no one straightened it out for her.

I'm finding a lot of her choices odd or awkward. That huge purse on the walkabout in Nottingham just looked awkward. There is a reason that the Royal women carry something small or nothing at all on official engagements. I loved the purse itself, but it just looked cumbersome as she tried to shake hands on the street with it on her arm.

And the whole "hi, I'm Meghan" schtick she apparently has going. I'm guessing she thinks she's being open or humble or down to earth or some combination of the three. But it seems like a schtick to try to be those things and also awkward. When you're engaged to the second son of the next monarch of the UK, you don't need to make humble introductions. Especially not over and over again on a walkabout which she reportedly did. Quite repetitive if she greeted too many people in one spot. I would find it weird more than charming if I heard it. But maybe that's just me. There are other ways to remain humble and down to earth (like maybe not wearing $75,000 couture gowns for photos).

I hope that she gets some good advice about a lot of things before she is really thrown in after their marriage. She seems smart (with the academic resume to prove that) and I think she has a heart for the kind of charity undertakings that will be her job now. But it is clear that doing PR type things as an actress and being a royal are not one in the same and there's going to be a learning curve.

aftershocks

Banned Member
I get that some people (even fans who enjoy H&M) object to the gown she's wearing because it seems too glam or too expensive or too revealing. I don't think it's too revealing on Meghan, the way it was on the runway model. It's just a fun elegant outfit worn on a very unique special occasion in a very romantic English countryside setting. It's from a former Ralph & Russo collection, so Meghan may have purchased the gown herself awhile ago at a discount (she is independently wealthy after all). It could also be on loan to her for the photo shoot. Some people say they feel the gown doesn't match what Harry is wearing. But it doesn't have to match. And in fact that's part of the secret to Meghan's style, as she shares in these video clips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAMfMFD-HH4
For the photo shoot, the something different/ off-center is the contrast in styles between what they are wearing which makes the color photo more interesting. It would have been maybe more staid and boring if Harry was wearing a formal tuxedo. The fact he isn't could have happened organically or it could have been planned. Since they attended the staff Christmas party at Windsor last week and reportedly left early, that's possibly when they met the photographer, Alexi Lubomirski, and made their way to Frogmore House on the Windsor estate, about a half mile from Windsor Castle. Meghan likely changed into the gown and brought the white Victoria Beckham cashmere sweater, while Harry grabbed the Burberry coat that we see in the b&w close-up photo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgreGrTL7R0
This clip of Meghan says it all I think about her view of fashion and making style choices:
"Personal style is about what makes you feel confident and beautiful... If there's something that you really love and you want to give it a shot, I don't think you should be afraid of trying it from a fashion perspective. Fashion should be fun!... At the end of the day, the whole idea is to be open and playful and to experiment with your looks and style. So if you're dressing in what makes you feel comfortable and confident, and you have fun with it, I guess the secret's out."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5203229/Harry-Meghan-send-fans-frenzy-pictures.html
As seen in this initial article, most fans were delirious with praise, so H&M decided to release the candid photo which gave a fuller view of the dress and then people caught onto the price, and then they saw the runway model version and the endless carping began. But seriously, it's just a lovely gown and a charismatic pair enjoying being together and sharing special moments in front of the camera. It's a romantic adventure and a celebration. And moreover, it's not really about what they're wearing. It's about how much in love they are, IMHO!

To me the R&R gown is like a streamlined less frou-frou version of the Carolina Herrera ballgown Meghan wore for the Vanity Fair cover shoot:
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2DQgVMFmTW4/Wa7_hlhpJ-I/AAAAAAABHgw/UJvdx27S0fcAL4q_TVR3y1FNchALUjmMQCLcBGAs/s1600/meghan+ballgown.jpg
But no less fanciful and fun!
https://78.media.tumblr.com/eae8109a598cdb9478246232c705746f/tumblr_p1bezwuXwa1wjiun1o1_1280.jpg

More details about the photos, the photographer, the gown, the Frogmore setting, etc.:
http://madaboutmeghan.blogspot.com/
http://meghansmirror.com/royal-enga...and-prince-harrys-engagement-photos-released/
https://www.royalcollection.org.uk/visit/frogmorehouse
https://us.hellomagazine.com/royalt...y-meghan-markle-engagement-photos-comparison/

Meghan's coat was askew at the bottom...

Is this what you are talking about:
https://www.usmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/prince-harry-meghan-markle-engagement-02.jpg
Pardon, but that's how the coat is made. It's intended to hang like that at the bottom, on purpose. :p Ya know, fashion is what it is, and different strokes for different folks.

Seriously @PDilemma, no matter what Meghan Markle does or wears, she's not going to please everyone all the time. Therefore, she needs to make personal style choices that she feels comfortable with. I didn't care so much for the Strathberry purse, but I love the tan leather Everlane tote she carried at the Invictus Games in September. I don't care for raggedy designer jeans, but Meghan carried it off well at the Invictus event, and she looked sexy too. :D The R&R gown looks lovely on Meghan, especially with her long hair.

Meghan has been generally choosing Canadian and British designers so far, which is a great boon for the fashion industry in those countries. The choice of the R&R gown is no indication of how Meghan is going to dress going forward. And that's what's so refreshing and exciting. She's already been choosing below the knee outfits (no more above the knee minis). Therefore she will be adhering to certain royal guidelines, but she's also going to maintain who she is as a person. And I think that's wonderful. We aren't privy to the behind-the-scenes intimate family relationships. But I suspect Meghan is being welcomed by all and respected for herself as well as for how happy she has made Prince Harry. Her sense of style is accessible and inspirational, which should also be appreciated and welcomed. She seems to have an ease and confidence that should benefit her smoothly becoming a part of the royal family.

With Harry devotedly by her side, I don't see any downside. Not only is Meghan well-educated, she's quite articulate and she also has academic training in International Relations, as well as diplomatic experience. In addition, by all reports she is kind, generous, caring and fun to be around. Sigh, but nobody's perfect. She will have a learning curve entering the royal firm, but she's fully up to the task as we've heard from Harry. ;) And obviously, she's not fazed so far by the OTT attention, the incessant noise, the tabloid insults, and the petty critiques.

Last edited:

PDilemma

Sorry, I still think the photo looks off because of the contrast in style between their outfits. Matchy-matching is not necessary, but the looks being completely off from each other with one dressed for the office and the other for the Golden Globes is odd. At best, it reads like a Vogue fashion shoot where the man is mostly a prop. And that is a bad read for her, too. If they want to be a partnership and a team in their future endeavors, a photo shoot where she is clearly the star is not a good look to start out.

And couture doesn't get given away at the kind of discounts people are suggesting she got. If she did get a deep discount on account of her new position, she is in violation of the family's policies which include NEVER borrowing designer clothing or accepting deep discounts or free items in return for wearing them (in the U.S. there are legal ramifications if the First Family does so as it is considered a gift--not sure if there are in the UK for royals, but there may be). She could do that as an actress; she cannot do it as a royal. It is also a bad optic to wear something that expensive right out of the gate given the economic situation for average citizens in the UK, no matter how she acquired it.

I'm not one to criticize every little thing these women do (on What Kate Wore's Facebook page yesterday, they were analyzing Kate's eyebrows and makeup based on photos taken with long lenses through a car window--no, just no; stop). But Meghan has a lot to learn. Her new job is not like her old job. It is not about earning a spotlight for fashion or herself. Acting requires self promotion. Being a member of a royal family does not. No need for it; it is done by virtue of who you are. She's going to be criticized if she continues in the actor mode of promoting herself especially through fashion that draws this kind of attention. The Royal Family beginning in the time of Edward VII carved out a role for itself in constitutional monarchy by promoting charity and British culture. In our time, the first requires them to be much more careful about the optics particularly of showing off too much ostentatious wealth. It is a very fine line and difficult to walk that line as has been true for Kate. As someone defending this choice said on Twitter, people don't want middle class royalty. Kate wearing Gap or Banana Republic has not been received particularly well, either. But they also don't want ostentatiously wealthy royalty whose clothing choices appear out of touch and Meghan landed there with this choice. Just because she can afford it doesn't mean she should wear it, particularly just for a photo. This may have been received better at a gala than for a photo.

Winnipeg

They knew each other for 1-2 years max and lived apart so how well do they know each other.

I hope everything works out well once the holiday wears out.

Jenny

From the Bloc
They may not have had a ton of time together - although it has emerged that they've actually spent more time together than was previously thought - but it's not like they are a couple of kids either. They're adults in the 30s, and both have had previous relationships. When you've been around the block a few times as they have, sometimes you just know when it's right.

Let us also remember that she was previously married, and both are children of divorce. While I don't know them, I can't imagine either of them is jumping into this naively.

mattiecat13

I'm old enough to remember when Sarah Ferguson married Prince Andrew. Before the marriage, Sarah was "a breath of fresh air" and thought to be more in touch with the people than Diana (by then Diana had been married to Charles for 5 years and the bloom was off the rose). Then the press and others turned on her because she was "boisterous" and undignified and overweight. Hope that doesn't happen to Meagan.

PDilemma

They knew each other for 1-2 years max and lived apart so how well do they know each other.

I hope everything works out well once the holiday wears out.

I agree with the point that as adults in their 30s, they have a grasp on this. But I am tiring of the nonsense all over the place about how they are so clearly "in love" and William and Kate were just not as "in love" when they got engaged. William and Kate had been together for nearing ten years. They were past the "in love" stage and on to the stable relationship stage. That is not something to be criticized for. For two people entering a marriage where divorce is the very last option and has ramifications for an entire country and commonwealth; it was a good thing that they were not at that stage. Meghan and Harry do appear to be in the "you're the cutest!/No, you're the cutest" stage. So be it; they have more room to make a mistake, too. But don't criticize people who got married after that.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Sorry, I still think the photo looks off because of the contrast in style between their outfits. Matchy-matching is not necessary, but the looks being completely off from each other with one dressed for the office and the other for the Golden Globes is odd.
She's wearing a party dress and he's wearing a suit. They look like two people going to a company Christmas party. I don't agree with your criticism at all.

And I definitely don't think it's indicative of some deep meaning about their relationship and how Meghan is going to go about her duties or how she sees herself as behaving as part of this couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information