Lubov and Dylan - Wowza!

shan

I haven't seen anything from Worlds yet, but I was so excited when I saw the SP results! I can't wait until have a chance to watch!! Woohoo!! Go Lubov and Dylan! :cheer2:

screech

They basically skated cleanly (she was tight on the 3T but landed it). They got -0.5 overall on that element but +GOE on all else.

Love that with both them and D/R basically skating cleanly (though neither flawless) with essentially the same content (D/R's base value was 0.7 lower) I/M are the higher team.

Hoping Lubov can keep the SBS momentum going in the LP, and that no matter the placements, our top 2 stay at where they currently are or better so we can get 3 teams to the O's.

puglover

Does anyone know if they are trying to get Canadian citizenship for Lubov to skate at the Olympics? Do Russians have to forfeit their Russian citizenship if they take out citizenship in another country?

Erin

Banned Member
I think that's the first time I've seen Tracy Wilson in the K&C with any of her students. Nice to see her there.

I was thinking the same thing. I guess it's the first time she isn't busy doing commentary!

I love seeing how excited Lubov always is with their placement! I'm also so happy that Canada hung on to 3 spots for Worlds because before the free skate I was having visions of a nightmare scenario where Canada dropped down to 2 spots, Lubov got her citizenship, and then went on in the tradition of Kaitlyn Weaver and Piper Gilles to finish 1 spot short at Canadians and not make it to the Olympics. It could still happen, but I feel like it's less likely with three spots and coming out of Worlds as the top Canadian team.

Last edited:

screech

I love how proud to almost be Canadian Lubov is. And I noticed today that she has red maple leafs near the heels of her skates.

I completely agree with what Kurt and David were saying - you can't stop looking at Lubov. And her facial expressions are just sublime. You can tell how much she loves skating, and loves skating with Dylan when she's out there. Even when she misses jumps she just looks so relaxed and like she's in her element.

I also love that when having the same technical score as D/R, they're right there. Personally I'd have I/M ahead on PCS but I'm happy that judges are starting to mark a bit more accurately for D/R PCS.

kalamalka

Do Russians have to forfeit their Russian citizenship if they take out citizenship in another country?
Russians automatically KEEP their citizenship, even if they don't particularly want it. My mom left Russia as a small child and became a Canadian citizen about 80 years ago, but apparently would be supposed to travel on a Russian passport if she wanted to visit now, rather than with her Canadian passport and a visa. That rule also apparently applies to people whose parents were both born in Russia.
So the only concern for Lubov is when she can be Canadian.

princeton123

Does Skate Canada have a 'tptb have the final say' policy at Nationals for Olympic team selection or is strictly whoever makes it onto the podium?

shan

:cheer2: I'm excited for a great finish for Luba and Dylan. What a beautiful program and performance! It's great to see their placements and score keep improving year upon year. I'm happy that they are getting great scores from their gorgeous lifts! Crossing my fingers for citizenship for Luba. :)

dinakt

I love their skating. So very happy they are top 6!!!
I selfishly hope they continue skating for a long time still, not retiring after next year. Luba is so exquisite, and seem so happy skating with Dylan under Canadian flag. Dylan matches her beautifully (I am still gleeful he got a good partner after all).
I was worried after Luba botched jump combo to start the LP, but the rest was gorgeous.
Joining the wishing circle for Luba's citizenship before the Olympics.

DDNatalia

I think that's the first time I've seen Tracy Wilson in the K&C with any of her students. Nice to see her there.

Definitely interesting to see her be more visible in the K&Cs. Perhaps her broadcasting responsibilities are dialing down and she perceives it to be less of a conflict of interest? She is a classy lady and above boards either way, so not a criticism, just an observation.

barbarafan

Definitely interesting to see her be more visible in the K&Cs. Perhaps her broadcasting responsibilities are dialing down and she perceives it to be less of a conflict of interest? She is a classy lady and above boards either way, so not a criticism, just an observation.

They had 5 people from cricket as they had quite a few competitors in 3 diff disciplines so everyone was well looked after. Tracey normally stays in the background & works at home but with I think 7 competitors they needed her. As well it may be calming for them to have both of them there like at home. I like it.

barbarafan

Lovely picture of Lubov. :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUxEBe_DIKQ/?taken-by=lubov_ilyushechkina

I wonder when we'll hear music news from Lubov and Dylan. I can't remember how early they announced last season.

Anybody have any good music ideas for them?

They usually keep it a secret til 1st competition. They may tell us who is doing the programs but I have not seen anything yet...They built on the lift above with entrance.Here is full routine at Victoria.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KpX1ArovsQ

fan

Anyone know why they weren't at the media summit this week? They were the #1 Canadian team at worlds this year

barbarafan

Anyone know why they weren't at the media summit this week? They were the #1 Canadian team at worlds this year

I do not know if they were asked or not. I suppose it is possible they were not asked as Lubov does not have her citizenship yet. I hope that is not it . D/R are Canada #1 as they won nationals. I believe Charlie & Julieann may be out with injury but I do not have details. It is weird that top 3 dance were there but only one pair.

shan

I do not know if they were asked or not. I suppose it is possible they were not asked as Lubov does not have her citizenship yet. I hope that is not it . D/R are Canada #1 as they won nationals. I believe Charlie & Julieann may be out with injury but I do not have details. It is weird that top 3 dance were there but only one pair.

I figured it was the whole citizenship thing too.

screech

I figured it was just the people that are 99.99% guaranteed to be going to O's. Other than D/R, the 2 pairs spots are still pretty open for 3 teams. Just like why I assume Kevin and Alaine weren't there for men/women - they aren't 'guaranteed' a spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information