Chinese skating news pt. 5 & social media updates, 2023-24

On My Own

But it seems like the Interclub league final isn't that important after all since it has no weighting on any other competitions or qualifications (like NWG...). Most of the top skaters aren't even bothering with it. The senior pairs line-up is subbed all the way to the last placed team with a total score of 56...
Right? Like I just plain don't buy it. And even then, Yudong is still not going to the finals anyway... why didn't they at least send him to Istanbul. Just simply rearranging the men could have worked out well. I guess I kind of buy the "CFSA is being cheap" excuse more.

Cachoo

For future skating events: If you live in China or are headed there please be careful. We have to deal with Q type conspiracy theorists here but it is difficult when this stuff is coming from your government:

On My Own

One local government in Yunnan Province published a video of men and women in the traditional dress of the Yi, an ethnic group there, dancing and singing cheerily about China’s national security law.

“Those who don’t report will be prosecuted. Covering crimes will lead to jail,” the performers sang as they fanned out in a circle, the women fluttering their bright yellow, blue and red skirts.
Need a skating program to this, I suggest Zhang Hao come out of retirement for it.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I’m really counting on a high Chinese presence in figure skating this year. No geopolitical mish-mash this year, please! 🙏 🙏 🙏
It’s been a joy to see the Chinese skaters in the JGP this year.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
I'll be frank, at first glance I thought that Genshin X S/H video was AI-generated.

CFSA now has a page for the rankings of National Winter Games qualification: Senior & Junior

NWG spots - Sr M/W/P/D: 18/18/8/8, Jr M/W/D: 18/18/8. No Junior Pairs. Skaters can earn points through 2 Inter-club Leagues (already finished), 2 international assignments* and Nationals.

*I'm not sure about what kind of international competition counts - probably only JGP/GP because I see Asian Open doesn't.

On My Own

So does anyone here believe that was worse than how Jin used to perform 8 years ago? Because the ACI judges do.
who are the other chinese skaters other than Han and Zhu?
Don't think I'd be able to pick them out in a lineup, tbh.

Last edited:

shirleyfryeburg

So does anyone here believe that was worse than how Jin used to perform 8 years ago? Because the ACI judges do.

Don't think I'd be able to pick them out in a lineup, tbh.
same here, i think i know who the pair on the left corner on the poster is, but have no idea about the other guy there, second to left one.

On My Own

Hope to see Jin be rewarded for how much effort's gone into making his flow across the ice unlaboured and freer, and into completing the body movements, once he gets it all together of course. Nice recovery here. Hope it's kept up.

raruki

The Haotai girls almost won everything at the beginning of the domestic competitions, but the international judges gave them a harsh reality compared to what they received during the domestic season. Both Wang and Gao are the real challenges for them and they have gained a bit of preference from the international judges over the Haotai girls, not to mention Wang and Gao have constantly landed difficult layouts in domestic competitions recently (Wang has 7 triples with 3Lz+2A+2A and Gao has 3F+3T).
Would be interesting to see their performances in the Junior National this November.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
Shiqi actually defeated Ruotang at Inter-club League 3 though. That said, I agree that both Ruotang and Ruichen need to smooth their jump exit, otherwise they won't receive high GOEs on jumps.

On My Own

Pleasantly surprised to see Shang Shi / Nan Wu on the entry list of Challenger Budapest Trophy!
For reference:

ETA: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1K8411d7NA/ Think I enjoyed this more than either of those two, even if they lack the capacity to bring out the music towards the end.

Hey good to see CFed rewarding teams who've done well in the local comps. Maybe it's just due to the NWG this season, but at least they got to go out.

On My Own

I wonder who choreographed Yudong's LP and what they were on when they did. One of the stupidest looking "Asian themed programs" I've seen in a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information