Isabeau Levito Fan Thread!

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!

Evgeniafan

Isabeau Levito of the USA just won her first senior Grand Prix medal - the silver at 2022 Skate America! I think it’s time for a Fan Thread. 🥳 🎉 🎊

How can we get Isabeau to the Senior G-P final in Turin? Could she win or place 2nd at her next G-P assignment, the Sheffield, UK trophy? Tough entries include Mihara, You and, if ready, Tennell.

I think Isabeau will medal there. Which color is th question.

mtnskater

Definitely count me in as an Isabeau fan! I love her beautiful style and she is only getting started at 15. Can’t wait to watch her evolve and develop in the sport. Would love to see her at the Grand Prix Final. I think she has a good chance to make it after her first senior international winning the silver at Skate America. She doesn’t usually make big mistakes and is a really reliable competitor so far. Not completing her first combo was really unusual for her. So if she skates a bit better with her combos she will be in great shape to get gold or silver.

DreamSkates

I think Isabeau will medal there. Which color is th question.
NHK: I think she would probablly beat Tenell, given the latter has yet to skate competitively this season (or in a long time). Isabeau has momentum and positive nods from the judges so far. So, a bronze? Of course the ice is slippery, etc.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
So what can Isabeau do between now and Sheffield to raise her points? More respectable jump tech, eg, show off the take-offs and landings more easily? Keep moving as she approaches each jump?

mtnskater

Isabeau needs to work on fully rotating her combos and she will be fine. Tough to do while going through a growth spurt and under pressure, but Isabeau has a good head for competition already. Can’t remember when I’ve seen her fall.

DreamSkates

Isabeau needs to work on fully rotating her combos and she will be fine. Tough to do while going through a growth spurt and under pressure, but Isabeau has a good head for competition already. Can’t remember when I’ve seen her fall.
Uh oh hope no jinx.

DreamSkates

She looked mighty fine at JW GP long program. I enjoy her fluid arm movements. She doesn't appear to be skating from one end of the rink to the next jump but includes meaningful movements of varied types especially in finishing a jump. She doesn't just land and she's done. Great job! If I just started watching skating, I wouldn't have a clue that this is her first senior year.

Yuri

Here is a lengthy, Google-translated article from sports.ru with Isabeau and her coach Yulia Kuznetsova. Lots of wonderful pictures, including one with Isabeau and the legendary Oleg Protopopov, as well as another with both of them and Evgeny Platov in NJ. It appears that Isabeau temporarily is focusing on her Italian versus her Russian as learning both simultaneously is a bit difficult. :)

bladesofgorey

Ugh. Also the puberty question and her saying as an example to stave this off and get through it she's careful to only put only the slight smear of butter on a piece of toast instead of a whole pad. Unless the translation changes things to sound worse than they are this is very troubling to say the least.

Sylvia

TBD
Phil Hersh's Isabeau article for NBC Sports (Dec. 7):

I was able to skim this Philadelphia Inquirer article by Ellen Dunkel (who wrote about Isabeau after witnessing her senior debut at the Philadelphia Summer International) before the paywall popped up:

Allskate

Ugh. Also the puberty question and her saying as an example to stave this off and get through it she's careful to only put only the slight smear of butter on a piece of toast instead of a whole pad. Unless the translation changes things to sound worse than they are this is very troubling to say the least.
It's hard to tell from the google translation, but I think this was a metaphor and she seems not to be very worried about puberty. It was a very rude and unhealthy question, though.

OTOH, it does seem like a lot of pressure is being placed on her. But, I also get the sense that she herself is very driven on her own.

Sylvia

TBD
Fan Zone article by Darci Miller (Jan. 16, 2023):
"I was putting my makeup on, preparing to go to the rink for the long program, and I was so nervous, and I was like, 'I need to skate clean,'" Levito said. "Before an event, I'm always thinking everyone else is going to skate clean. It's like my brain goes by default that everyone else will be perfect and I'm the only one that could potentially mess up. So in that moment, I was kind of accepting the fact that, most likely, especially if I don't skate clean, that I may not podium."
But then she did, completing a stunning comeback to vault from fifth to second overall, behind only Mai Mihara of Japan.
"When I did podium, I was just like, 'Nah. Nah. This can't be real,'" Levito said. "So when I was actually on the podium, when I think back to it now, I had the exact same feeling as my Grand Prix stages. I think, in the moment, my brain must've just thought, 'Yeah, it's just another Grand Prix stage. It's not the Grand Prix Final.' But now, looking back on it, I'm like, damn, that was the Grand Prix Final."
:lol:

ICYMI, Isabeau was on Polina Edmunds' podcast (June 15, 2022) before she debuted her programs at the Philadelphia Summer International in early August:

Allskate

Isabeau continues to impress me. When she came into the arena tonight and Andrea asked her how it felt to come into the competition as the favorite to win, I wanted to tell Andrea to shut up. That would have stressed me out. I loved Isabeau's response: "No thoughts. Just vibes." I'd love to be able to get into that void Isabeau talked about. I would have been so stressed in her position. I also love that she doesn't hesitate to express her confidence without being cocky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information