Italian figure skating news & updates

Andrea82

Well Lara Just got a very high score, now I think she has her minimum’s?
Her issue is the SP. She hasn't the minimum for Worlds in that segment

FS TES this season
Golden Spin 66.24
Crystal Skate 58.74
Nepela Trophy 56.66
Lombardia Trophy 53.80

So always above the minimum (53)

SP TES
Golden Spin 23.92
Crystal Skate 30.55 (went for a 3+2 combo but with negative GOEs)
Nepela Trophy 25.85 (3+2 combo + popped 3F)
Lombardia Trophy 29.33 (fell on the second jump of the 3Lo+3Lo combo)

Minimum is 32. If she goes for a 3+2, she needs to go clean (and preferably to do it cleanly in a generously scored B event). Otherwise she has to put the 3+3 combo also in the SP to get 32 points.

Andrea82

National Ice Dance ranking published by FISG

So they count the "gara nazionale" too.

1) Guignard/Fabbri 212.80 (Lombardia Trophy + Sheffield)
2) Manni/Rothlisberger 169.07 (Mezzaluna Cup + 2nd National Event)
3) Portesi Peroni/Chrastecky 163.96 (Pavel Roman Memorial + 2nd National Event)
4) Dozzi/Papetti 163.35 (Open d'Andorra + Golden Spin)
5) Leccardi/Della Torre 150.120 (Lombardia Trophy + Nebelhorn Trophy)

Junior

1) Tali/Frasca 150.01
2) Galimberti/Mandelli 138.94
3) Pizzorni/Bucciarelli 125.80
4) Finelli/Pedesini 122.21
etcetera (the 4 other couples are ranging from 59 to 88)

Andrea82

Single and Pair ranking ahead of Nationals are not published on FISG website.

Let's try to compute them...if I understood all the rules correctly...so the 2 events of the "Campionato Italiano" series are considered (but only one can count fully, the second result is factored by 0.9), scores ISU events and Challenger Series count fully, scores from international B competition count 0.9 (I am not sure if I got this passage correctly)....

MEN is pretty straight-forward

1. Grassl 522.11
  2. Rizzo 504.37
  3. Frangipani 475.56
  4. Memola 461.99
  5. Zich 412.82 (one national score included)
  6. Indelicato 374.44 (two national scores included)
  7. Nalbone 302.26 (one national score included)
  8. Barison 287.37 (one national score included)
Even if I wouldn't count national events, the ranking would be pretty much the same (Nalbone doesn't have a second International event to count but his only one is higher than Barison's two international scores).

PAIRS

1. Ghilardi/Ambrosini 378.96
  2. Conti/Macii 373.2
  3. Beccari/Guarise 348.04 (one national score included)
  4. Caldara/Maglio 330.55 (one national score included)
  5. Valesi/Piazza 304.85
WOMEN

uhm, it is less easy here

Gutmann 351.99 (one national score of 176 included instead of the 174 at Crystal Skate which should be factored by 0.9, maybe)
Pezzetta 319.8
Negrello 317.89 (one national score included)
Agostinelli 284.06 (it would be 299.08 if Denkova-Staviski Cup is considered fully)
Schwarz 258.49 (one national score included)

Without the national event, Negrello would be behind Agostinelli based on international scores.

Edit: oh dear...we have to subtract the step sequences from Senior scores.
I will just do it for women as some of them are using Junior scores where there is not Step Sequence to subtract (junior men are too far behind to be back in contention only because of the missing step sequence).
Gutmann 342.21
Pezzetta 318.24
Negrello 313.08
Agostinelli 281.46
Schwarz 251.16

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Team Italy for 2023 Europeans (entries were published by the ISU today):

Gabriele FRANGIPANI
Daniel GRASSL
Matteo RIZZO
Subs:
Nikolaj MEMOLA
Raffaele Francesco ZICH

Lara Naki GUTMANN
Subs:
Ginevra Lavinia NEGRELLO
Anna PEZZETTA
Marina PIREDDA

Lucrezia BECCARI / Matteo GUARISE
Sara CONTI / Niccolo MACII
Rebecca GHILARDI / Filippo AMBROSINI
Subs:
Irma CALDARA / Riccardo MAGLIO
Anna VALESI / Manuel PIAZZA

Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI
Victoria MANNI / Carlo ROETHLISBERGER
Subs:
Leia DOZZI / Pietro PAPETTI
Carolina PORTESI PERONI / Michael CHRASTECKY

ETA link to FISG's Nationals recap:

Congrats to Matteo Guarise and Carolina Moscheni on their New Year's Eve wedding :) - photo links are posted in the Weddings thread, starting here: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...world-2022-onwards.109801/page-2#post-6360772

Last edited:

Andrea82

Negrello, Piredda, Caldera/Maglio and Portesi Peroni/Chrastecky are set to compete at Bavaria Open
Junior entries:
no men
Broggini, Martegani and Tadini in Ladies
Napolitano/Comi and Burin/Tommasi in Pairs
Tali/Frasca, Galimberti/Mandelli, Pizzorni/Bucciarelli, Finelli/Pedesini and Marinoni/Poli in Ice Dance

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

On My Own

GRASSL in Khrustalny :eek: :slinkaway
Are they going to make sure to investigate this group extensively for doping when they're out of Russia? Because given how Grassl did at Nationals, it's hard to not let my mind wander over there.

Nikolaj Memola is there too, apparently?

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
From an interview, Memola also visits for tune-ups. Mishin is his god-father, and his mother was a favorite student of Mishin's, so it's more than a coach-student relationship. He is Russian, through his mother, as well as Italian.

But he would typically be in St. Petersburg when he's there for skating.

neu

The silver medalist of the 2022 European Figure Skating Championships, Italian Daniel Grassl, is eager to start cooperation on a permanent basis with Russian coach Eteri Tutberidze, the parties should conclude an agreement in the near future, a source familiar with the situation told.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?

Is he out of his tree??

The silver medalist of the 2022 European Figure Skating Championships, Italian Daniel Grassl, is eager to start cooperation on a permanent basis with Russian coach Eteri Tutberidze, the parties should conclude an agreement in the near future, a source familiar with the situation told.
Oh, please. This kid relocated to Boston last summer and was back to Italy within 6 months because he was homesick for his family. This is all a bunch of chatter from desperate Russians who are feeling the effects of being shut out of the international skating conversation and want to believe they're still relevant.

airgelaal

Oh, please. This kid relocated to Boston last summer and was back to Italy within 6 months because he was homesick for his family. This is all a bunch of chatter from desperate Russians who are feeling the effects of being shut out of the international skating conversation and want to believe they're still relevant.
From the article

The journalist admits that if an agreement is reached, Grassl will not be based in Moscow in order to avoid problems with logistics. However, this is still just a guess.

Karen-W

From the article
The journalist admits that if an agreement is reached, Grassl will not be based in Moscow in order to avoid problems with logistics. However, this is still just a guess.
snort no, it's not about logistics, no matter how the Russian media wants to spin it. Grassl might want to work a bit with Tutberidze, but he's not going to relocate to Moscow or even get to Sambo-70 all that frequently simply because he would rather be in Italy, close to his family and friends.

Again, this is all about the Russian media/skating insiders trying to remain relevant on the international scene.

So Grassl is not in Moscow?
Even if he is in Moscow, that doesn't mean he's going to relocate there as is being suggested by the Russian media.

Karen-W

Personally, I take issue with him working with Tutberidze at all. I don't care if he goes to Moscow or not.
Oh, 100%. I'm right there with you on that, but this Russian media report that Grassl wants to work with her on a permanent basis is, IMO, of questionable veracity.

First, the logistics are difficult, and not just because of the travel involved but also because he expressly stated, when he returned to Italy last month, that he was homesick for his family and friends.

Second, it seems pretty clear that he's not happy with the coaching situation at YGA and is searching for a viable alternative - remember, the Boston relo seemed to happen out of thin air, and now this trip to Moscow with the reports surfacing that he wants to make the collaboration "permanent" - my bet is that we hear of him relocating elsewhere this summer, though I have no idea where - maybe Nice or Champery?

Andrea82

The official selection for Italian Europeans team published on FISG website doesn't shed light on Grassl's coaching situation

Team officials: Paolo Pizzocari, Nadia Bartot, Nicole Della Monica

Doctor: Davide Zai Tornese
Physiotherapist: Maurizio Zaia

Coaches:
Franca Bianconi
Barbara Fusar Poli
Barbara Luoni
Angelina Turenko
Ondrej Hotarek
Luca Lanotte
Gabriele Minchio
Valter Mario Michele Rizzo

Judges: Claudia Brambati, Raffaella Locatelli, Massimo Orlandini

With no more than 1 coach accredited for each entry, it is
Barbara for Guignard/Fabbri
Lanotte for Manni/Röthlisberger
Minchio for Gutmann
Turenko for Frangipani
Luoni for Conti/Macii
Bianconi and Hotarek for Ghilardi/Ambrosini and Beccari/Guarise
Rizzo for Rizzo since Bianconi is already accredited for one of the pair.

I would guess the rest of Egna coaching team (Magri, Martinek, Mikonosaari) is accredited through Poland, Spain, Croatia and wherever else they have skaters from.

Gris

不做奴才做公民

Portesi Peroni / Chrastecky have split and she's looking for another partner. (The split is not exactly amicable judging by her post.)

In other news, apparently Grassl traveled to Finland with Gleikhengauz and he also added Moscow as his training base into his ISU bio. :scream:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information