This Is Us, Season 6: The Final Chapter

sk8pics

I liked this episode a lot too, and yes, the Big Three FINALLY grew up. And what good choices they have all made about who to have in their lives. The way everyone came together and made it work was very heartwarming.

Judy

I liked this episode a lot too, and yes, the Big Three FINALLY grew up. And what good choices they have all made about who to have in their lives. The way everyone came together and made it work was very heartwarming.
Don’t we all though growing up. Yes def very heartwarming.

Susan1

Omg I watched that show too! 😂

😳 yeah I’m older lol.
I couldn't even see her t.v. screen that well, but she said that's Abby, Sid's sister. I know those people!

I loved Knots Landing! Seasons 1-3 are on YouTube for sure. I started rewatching it during the early days of the pandemic lol.
We lived for Knots Landing! If I fell asleep on the couch, my dog used to wake me up to go outside and come back in before it came on! When I was home with my broken leg in 1996 it was on TBS or TNT every morning at 11:00. Everybody - leave me alone. Remember the episode where Gary's girlfriend tried to poison Val? My dad had just come in from mowing my grass and sat down. I knew what was coming. Terry (?) yelled TAKE IT (poison) and my dad about jumped out of the chair. LOL And it was on Soapnet in the 2000s, which we did not get. As soon as the cable company gave us Soapnet, Knots wasn't on anymore. AARRGGHH

Last edited:

Judy

I couldn't even see her t.v. screen that well, but she said that's Abby, Sid's sister. I know those people!

We lived for Knots Landing! If I fell asleep on the couch, my dog used to wake me up to go outside and come back in before it came on! When I was home with my broken leg in 1996 it was on TBS or TNT every morning at 11:00. Everybody - leave me alone. Remember the episode where Gary's girlfriend tried to poison Val? My dad had just come in from mowing my grass and sat down. I knew what was coming. Terry (?) yelled TAKE IT (poison) and my dad about jumped out of the chair. LOL And it was on Soapnet in the 2000s, which we did not get. As soon as the cable company gave us Soapnet, Knots wasn't on anymore. AARRGGHH
Knots Landing was a spin-off from Dallas right?
i have always had this weird thing of not being interested in 30 min tv shows but definitely 1 hour lol.

Susan1

Knots Landing was a spin-off from Dallas right?
i have always had this weird thing of not being interested in 30 min tv shows but definitely 1 hour lol.
Yup. Gary was a Ewing. Lucy was Val and Gary's daughter. The only time I watched Dallas was if Val or Gary were going to be on. They need to put Knots reruns on Lifetime or something.

Judy

Yup. Gary was a Ewing. Lucy was Val and Gary's daughter. The only time I watched Dallas was if Val or Gary were going to be on. They need to put Knots reruns on Lifetime or something.
Yes!! I was pretty young but you are bringing back the memories lol.

Susan1

Yes!! I was pretty young but you are bringing back the memories lol.
o.k. now I feel old. I was an adult. It was on for 14 years - longer than Dallas. I just looked it up - it was Jill who gave Val sleeping pills. Jill/pills, you'd think I would have connected that. It's been a long time.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Thanks to this show, the next time some skater or team skates to "To Build a Home" in a competition or show, I'm gonna be sitting there bawling and thinking back to this show and how much it emotionally broke me for six years. :eek:
I did some searching online - "To Build a Home" by The Cinematic Orchestra with Patrick Watson was first used in Season 2 Episode 13: https://telltaletv.com/2018/01/this-is-us-review-thatll-be-the-day-season-2-episode-13/
“That’ll Be The Day” ends with Jack cleaning up the kitchen, leaving Kevin a sweet note, and going to bed before the fire consumes the first floor of the house, burning picture frames and past Christmas gifts, all set to a montage of happy family memories while The Cinematic Orchestra’s “To Build a Home” plays over it. It is simple and heartbreaking.
The song returns during the future flash forward of the family gathering at Rebecca's deathbed in Season 4 Episode 14 "The Cabin": https://www.tunefind.com/show/this-is-us/season-4/95546

What's one more hint you can give about this [next/penultimate] episode, which is titled "The Train"?
APTAKER: There's a train in it.
BERGER: There might be some really exciting cameos in it that people will find satisfying and exciting.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I was a kid and watched all the CBS nighttime soaps - Dallas, Knots, Falcon Crest. My mom didn’t filter our TV watching lol.
I watched none of them on a regular basis. I saw 1 or 2 Dallas episodes but none of the other 2 shows. Never saw Dynasty or any other nighttime soap either. All these shows took place during my dating years or 1st married years. There was usually much better things to do than watch TV. I was a party girl. :slinkaway

Susan1

I watched none of them on a regular basis. I saw 1 or 2 Dallas episodes but none of the other 2 shows. Never saw Dynasty or any other nighttime soap either. All these shows took place during my dating years or 1st married years. There was usually much better things to do than watch TV. I was a party girl. :slinkaway
That why I didn't see much Dallas or Falcon Crest. On the night they revealed who shot JR, I was at a Friday night moonlight (10-midnight) skate and they stopped the music and turned on the lights and announced it over the PA. I only knew what they were talking about from seeing it on the news and stuff. Watched Dynasty for awhile, till it got too weird. Knots Landing was Thursday nights, something to look forward to all week. And then the weekend came next.

Susan1

Funny, on FB Do You Remember - "Today in 1993... "Knots Landing" ended its 14 Season Run with a two-parter entitled, Just Like Old Times. Did you ever tune in to this prime time soap?"

taf2002

I've read some teasers about tonight's show. Apparently we need lots of tissues. I can't wait!

Sylvia

TBD
Beth is the bravest! :kickass:

ETA: "There might be some really exciting cameos in it that people will find satisfying and exciting."
:)

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I wish little Randall hadn’t spoiled Dule Hill’s cameo when he posted a pic of them on set last week.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
It's been almost an hour since the ep ended for me and I'm still super emotional about it. That was probably one of the most perfect episodes of television that I've ever seen and I will be thinking about it for a long time. There were times that I couldn't stop laughing, times where I just felt pensive, and times where I couldn't even type anything because I was crying so much. I loved every single minute of it. Seriously, if you're not crying or getting teary through most of this ep, your heart has to be made of cement or something. :fragile: :wuzrobbed :(

manhn

I am so sad. So good. Annie was my moment for me.

How Rebecca waited for Kate really got me. Both my grandfathers passed before I was born (well, I was barely one when my maternal grandfather passed). Both my grandmothers lived far away when they died so my parents weren’t there. For my mom, the death was kinda unexpected. For my dad, he was planning the trip but she died before he could get there. I think my dad still regrets that.

Last edited:

taf2002

I usually erase each episode after I watch it but this one I saved to watch again. I'll probably do the same next week. I agree with @HeatherC that it was perfect. My favorite part was Beth's thanks to Rebecca but really all the interactions were just right. It took me awhile to understand why the family in the car wreck was part of this episode but it was tied in beautifully. And I loved William being the conductor & the doctor being the bartender. We got at least a glimpse of everyone who was important to the Pearsons at one time or another, like Malik. And I loved Toby being there with the kids. One thing - I wish they had used the real actress for Deja & made her look older instead of using a new actress for just this one show.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I usually erase each episode after I watch it but this one I saved to watch again. I'll probably do the same next week. I agree with @HeatherC that it was perfect. My favorite part was Beth's thanks to Rebecca but really all the interactions were just right. It took me awhile to understand why the family in the car wreck was part of this episode but it was tied in beautifully. And I loved William being the conductor & the doctor being the bartender. We got at least a glimpse of everyone who was important to the Pearsons at one time or another, like Malik. And I loved Toby being there with the kids. One thing - I wish they had used the real actress for Deja & made her look older instead of using a new actress for just this one show.
I thought the older Deja had the mannerisms of teen Deja down perfectly! She was in the earlier flash forward scenes so we’d seen her before.

Judy

I think the whole cast and writers deserve emmies
I thought the older Deja had the mannerisms of teen Deja down perfectly! She was in the earlier flash forward scenes so we’d seen her before.
I really loved the original Deja but I was like .. is that the same actress?

I’m still processing the episode. I do feel that an Emmy should be given to everyone on this show including writers etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information