Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Plushenko skated to it (in 2009-10) before Weaver/Poje (in 2011-12), though it's possible someone else skated to it before him.

I kind of wish there was a database for skating music like skatingscores.com so we can look up stats on most overused pieces of music. :)
Now, here's a project for the Fanyus, Yuna-Bots, and V/M to unite and obsess over, lol.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
Cross-posting from the 2022-23 Program Music/Choreographers thread:

Starr Andrews (USA) announced her program music today: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cdt_izOPDv_/
SP: "Dancing With the Devil" performed by Demi Lovato
FS: "Je suis Malade" performed by Lara Fabian
Choreographer (not mentioned in her post - should be her primary coach): Derrick Delmore
I love her choices! I'm glad she is continuing!

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I love her choices! I'm glad she is continuing!
Me too. 😊 I believe that Starr and many other US women are staying on because they now see hope for possible Worlds podiums, in light of Russia being banned. True, Japan and Korea will likely dominate Sr Women between now and the next Olympics…but at least there’s hope for the USA women, even with Alysa’s retirement.

D

Deleted member 221

I'm surprised Starr Andrews is continuing. IIRC, she hasn't been attempting a triple lutz, and the loop and flip are more "off" than "on."

concorde

Me too. 😊 I believe that Starr and many other US women are staying on because they now see hope for possible Worlds podiums, in light of Russia being banned. True, Japan and Korea will likely dominate Sr Women between now and the next Olympics…but at least there’s hope for the USA women, even with Alysa’s retirement.
Added to that you have the pending issue regarding minimum age for Seniors.

My gut is telling me that if the age change goes through, c elements dominate Juniors, not so much at the Senior level.

clairecloutier

Added to that you have the pending issue regarding minimum age for Seniors.

My gut is telling me that if the age change goes through, c elements dominate Juniors, not so much at the Senior level.

If the age minimum proposal passes, I would hope & expect that we see corresponding element rules changes on the junior side. The possibility of this is alluded to in Proposal 22 on the ISU Congress agenda (excerpted below). The ISU is proposing the age minimum increase primarly due to health concerns, which has implications for juniors.

The Council proposal is based on a gradual increase, i.e. no change (15 years) for the season 2022/23, an increase to 16 years for the season 2023/24 and an increase to 17 years for the season 2024/25 and subsequent seasons. This gradual implementation will:

- Allow Skaters to adapt gradually to the new age limits and avoid that Skaters who already competed internationally in the Senior category would be compelled to return back to the Junior category (grand father clause).
- Allow the Technical Committees time to adjust the Technical Rules for the Junior category by preparing technical changes to prevent injuries.
- Allow the ISU Council and ISU Members to evaluate if the extended period of the Junior age category and resulting increased number of Junior Skaters requires an increase in the number of Junior category International Competitions.

The Legal Advisors reminded the Council on its duty of care within the ISU’s jurisdiction to protect the physical and psychological health and safety of all athletes including elite adolescent athletes.

concorde

If the age minimum proposal passes, I would hope & expect that we see corresponding element rules changes on the junior side. The possibility of this is alluded to in Proposal 22 on the ISU Congress agenda (excerpted below). The ISU is proposing the age minimum increase primarly due to health concerns, which has implications for juniors.
Regarding health concerns, is the view that changing the age willaddress this or is something else being pondered. If so, any ideas?

Willin

Starr recently had a procedure to correct an issue with her heart, so maybe she wants to see what it's like competing without (hopefully) having to deal with that issue?
Generally the procedure she has should fix the problem, so she can skate safely. It does run a lower risk of coming back, but she'll need to keep an eye on it. It will definitely help her training, so it will be exciting to see what happens.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I am assuming that no one has details about what Starr had done. There are a gazillion procedures. I have a Linq device implanted.

I was driving home 30 minutes after the procedure. The device monitors the ticker, and each night it automatically sends the reading to the .....well I don't know who. But My doctor gets the results, or can look up the results. Of course whatever she has needs to be monitored, but there need not be clutching of pearls when she steps on the ice.

There is no reason to expect a Grinkov when she skates.

Sylvia

TBD
Bradie shared an Instagram reel video earlier today to help promote Benoit Richaud's Peak Ice Camps this summer (3rd one is in Lake Placid, NY, June 27 - July 23).

Speaking of Richaud, he has been working (again) with Lindsay Thorngren at her rink in New Jersey.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Am not the best at deciphering social media, but it appears Brandie is going to compete this season!!!
How do you figure that? I follow her on IG and haven't seen anything that indicates she is definitely competing next season. As @Sylvia noted, she's been promoting her participation at the Peak Ice summer camp in Lake Placid, but I haven't seen anything about programs, plans beyond the LP camp, or even occasional training clips.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Well, my phone gave me an alert today to her reel that had a snippet of one of her programs for "this season" but when I go to her ig page, I can see that same reel and it is old :(

Trillian

I would love to see Bradie compete again, but I haven’t seen her post any on-ice content on Instagram that looks like it was filmed post-injury. At this point I don’t think she’s even hinted at competing next season, which doesn’t make me optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information