Russian women news & updates, 2021-22 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

starrynight

Another coaching change incoming?
She might just be exhausted and she has been dealing with injuries. Because although it is fluff it will still be a very high pressure comp because they may well end up re contesting the Olympic
Podium at it.

Given that there will be no 2022/2023 international season it might be hard to find motivation to keep training those ultra difficult elements right now

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Hopefully Sasha got a multiple-entry visa, so that she can easily re-enter the US after the two autumn 2021 trips. If so - Welcome back, Sasha! 🇺🇸
Seriously. She wanted to train with Raf in the past. Now is the perfect opportunity! Connect her with a decent choreographer too. She is a tremendous talent and, if the rumors during the Olympics are to be believed, she's a clean athlete.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Seriously. She wanted to train with Raf in the past. Now is the perfect opportunity! Connect her with a decent choreographer too. She is a tremendous talent and, if the rumors during the Olympics are to be believed, she's a clean athlete.
Be still my heart. That would be totally amazing.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Kostornaia is having fun hanging out with Russian celebrities and at football matches with her (badly done) hair extensions: https://www.instagram.com/p/CbA-UcUo63p/
and: https://www.instagram.com/p/CbA97jpo0oO

I would be very surprised if we saw her again at any serious competitions.

ETA: Well, this is interesting. She posted a "Happy Birthday"-message to Eteri, only to comment on it later on with: "That was not my initiative, but the decision of Eteri Georgievna".

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
only to comment on it later on with: "That was not my initiative, but the decision of Eteri Georgievna".
That comment, by all accounts, was a reference to her leaving Eteri and going to Buyanova.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Sasha Trusova returns to her hometown of Ryazan’ (south of Moscow, on the Golden Ring), to be honored and to teach a master class to local figure skaters.

Local news report:

Fan film:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
She was at the Channel One Cup. Other than that, not really. None of Tutberidze's girls have been involved in any pro war rally, which is good.
None of the men either. Mishin’s skaters are AWOL. I think the Occam’s Razor answer is the right one:T/M are front and center because they want to be. And Trankov either can’t or won’t talk them out of it.

ETA: no sign of Step/Bukin either. Have to figure that his parents, skating in the Soviet system, are pretty wily at understanding political pitfalls. Either way, happy not to hear a peep from them.

soogar

Feels a bit racy for an under age girl.
Re Trusova- maybe she feels that it is time to change her image and perhaps be viewed as more feminine than she is now. She really moves quite well in that video with her stripper heels. I hope that she doesn't devolve into makeup tutorials like Sofia Samodurova and Aliona K. I always support Sofia S, however I feel sad that she doesn't focus on skating in her telegram or Instagram.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
None of the men either. Mishin’s skaters are AWOL. I think the Occam’s Razor answer is the right one:T/M are front and center because they want to be. And Trankov either can’t or won’t talk them out of it.

ETA: no sign of Step/Bukin either. Have to figure that his parents, skating in the Soviet system, are pretty wily at understanding political pitfalls. Either way, happy not to hear a peep from them.
They and all Mishin skaters are doing plushenko's show. They have to pay Bill's someway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information